PDA

View Full Version : procharger question

AirForce1
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
does the procharger get quieter as you drive it like the cog pully system or does it stay just as loud as when you install it? I am looking at the F1 stageII 20+ boost modle.

ORANGE CRUSH
04-27-2005, 11:52 PM
F1????? What??? or you nuts????

All you need is a P1SC. You can get it up to 17 psi with a P1SC. You are going to blow that car up for sure.

Butcher
05-08-2005, 03:25 AM
does the procharger get quieter as you drive it like the cog pully system or does it stay just as loud as when you install it? I am looking at the F1 stageII 20+ boost modle.
It sounds like a screaming Hoover all the time...heh, at least the F1 does. Makes my leg twitch non-stop.

Jimmie

jimmysidecarr
05-08-2005, 09:57 PM
:lurk: ?????????????
20 PSI + 1 thousandth of an inch of piston to wall clearance on stock forged pistons with no cooling mods ....
and water based coolant??? :doubt:

IMHO... That will be a very short lived engine... :firedevil :firebounc

Jimmy :twitchy:

Butcher
05-09-2005, 07:49 PM
:lurk: ?????????????
20 PSI + 1 thousandth of an inch of piston to wall clearance on stock forged pistons with no cooling mods ....
and water based coolant??? :doubt:

IMHO... That will be a very short lived engine... :firedevil :firebounc

Jimmy :twitchy:
Depends on how you're driving it, Jimmy's statement is 100% correct. Took me exactly 4 miles, 1/4 mile at a time. 1448 miles on the motor. Scuffed the skirts and the cylinders. We were banging the living snot out of it though in all honesty. The F1-A's are a piece of work and if your driving the car normally, 20lbs of boost wont hurt it. Slap some drag radials on your Cobra and really hook the car up and you'll eat halfshafts like a fat kid jumps on a plate of Twinkies though. The thing has a powerband from hell, reminds me of a TT600 I used to own. :D

Jimmie

Twice Bitten
05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Depends on how you're driving it, Jimmy's statement is 100% correct. Took me exactly 4 miles, 1/4 mile at a time. 1448 miles on the motor. Scuffed the skirts and the cylinders. We were banging the living snot out of it though in all honesty. The F1-A's are a piece of work and if your driving the car normally, 20lbs of boost wont hurt it. Slap some drag radials on your Cobra and really hook the car up and you'll eat halfshafts like a fat kid jumps on a plate of Twinkies though. The thing has a powerband from hell, reminds me of a TT600 I used to own. :D

Jimmie

Jimmie, Can you bring yourself to say-"Bored and Stroked!" :eek: :bugeyes: :jawdrop: :drool: :thumbsup:

Maybe 5.2 liter? :D

ORANGE CRUSH
05-10-2005, 07:53 PM

Well No. 1 - The kid has never been down the quater mile.

and No. 2 - He is just going to put his eye out with that thing...:D

Butcher
05-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Jimmie, Can you bring yourself to say-"Bored and Stroked!" :eek: :bugeyes: :jawdrop: :drool: :thumbsup:

Maybe 5.2 liter? :DSurely could without problems, but 289ci is the limit this year up at the WFC if my memory serves me correctly. 281ci goes this year. Actually, I'm drooling for a reverse cut F2 to bolt on probably next month. I figure KB let loose their 2.4, so why not? Imagine the horror with that brute strapped down on a 281ci. And then, go figure...in their infinite wisdon, Fords upping the cubes in 07. Ouch.

Jimmie

Mrs TwiceBitten
05-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Surely could without problems, but 289ci is the limit this year up at the WFC if my memory serves me correctly. 281ci goes this year. Actually, I'm drooling for a reverse cut F2 to bolt on probably next month. I figure KB let loose their 2.4, so why not? Imagine the horror with that brute strapped down on a 281ci. And then, go figure...in their infinite wisdon, Fords upping the cubes in 07. Ouch.

Jimmie
Should I stop by TV Ford and put your name on the list for an '07?:thumbsup: