PDA

View Full Version : heat exchangers,,,which one to buy?

Dave B.
04-29-2005, 09:08 PM
I am looking at either the PHP heat exchanger,
or the AVCO that RPMOUTLET carries,

I would like to know what results, and or problems that any one has had with either on of these??

Is there a better unit than either one of these??

thanks Dave B.

cobra330
04-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Personally I would not use anything other than the GordsFord Heat Exchanger as it supposed to be the best. Although I do know people with the AFCO and LFP..and they also like there is quite a bit. The Gords and Afco are going to be expensive but, I made my mind up that I want what I want no matter the cost..I am going to build this car right..even if it takes me awhile..and quite a few nickels! Either way you go..anything will be better than the stocker. Trust me...if you ever opened up your hood after a little ride..you can fry an egg on that engine...quick! Also..modding the hood is a good idea. That is..take off the hood blanket..flip back the flaps where the slots in the hood are then put the blanket back on..and open the holes in the blanket a bit to let some air out.

A free flowing aftermarket exhaust will help...and if you really want to go crazy look at doing an aftermarket radiator and some other mods to the cooling system. Quite a bit of money but, if you mod your Cobra for high HP..you also gotta keep it cool!

Dave B.
04-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I have conducted several searches for the Gordsford heat exchanger and can only find results for people talking about it but no place that has them for sale

cobra330
04-30-2005, 10:11 AM
You can buy them directly from GordsFord. They are probably the best place. Not really any better price anywhere else. Here is the link...
http://www.gordsfordperformance.com/

crunchit
04-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Personally I would not use anything other than the GordsFord Heat Exchanger as it supposed to be the best. Although I do know people with the AFCO and LFP..and they also like there is quite a bit. The Gords and Afco are going to be expensive but, I made my mind up that I want what I want no matter the cost..I am going to build this car right..even if it takes me awhile..and quite a few nickels! Either way you go..anything will be better than the stocker. Trust me...if you ever opened up your hood after a little ride..you can fry an egg on that engine...quick! Also..modding the hood is a good idea. That is..take off the hood blanket..flip back the flaps where the slots in the hood are then put the blanket back on..and open the holes in the blanket a bit to let some air out.

A free flowing aftermarket exhaust will help...and if you really want to go crazy look at doing an aftermarket radiator and some other mods to the cooling system. Quite a bit of money but, if you mod your Cobra for high HP..you also gotta keep it cool!
What your saying makes a lot of sense. With my mods do you suggest that this be my next move? Also, I checked out that site. How much does it go for?http://www.gordsfordperformance.com/img/redfire.jpg I also like the lettering :thumbsup:

cobra330
04-30-2005, 07:39 PM
If your going to do mods to your car...to make the blower spin more..you better keep it cool..and the upgrade in HE is one of the easiest. The others I mention are a little harder but, also good. I think the Gords basic silver finish is $400.00. The lettering for Cobra cost an extra $15.00. I have a black one to try to keep the stealth look.

RR03Cobra
05-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I got my LFP from Metco. It has the polished finish. They will also give you a good price. You can check their site out at www.metco.com (http://www.metco.com). It is best to call them and talk to them. Just ask for Ron or Kathy. Tell them that Rocky sent you. I have bought a lot of stuff from them and they have given me great deals on everything! :bounce:

crunchit
05-01-2005, 02:30 PM
If your going to do mods to your car...to make the blower spin more..you better keep it cool..and the upgrade in HE is one of the easiest. The others I mention are a little harder but, also good. I think the Gords basic silver finish is $400.00. The lettering for Cobra cost an extra $15.00. I have a black one to try to keep the stealth look.
Thanks when I come back from vacation I'll pick one up.

PR03cobra~ that link you posted points towards a penis enlargemnet site:thumbsup:

~steve

SlowSVT
05-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Cobra330 is right.

Gord is the largest HE available for the Cobra. After much research that is the one I settled on. Most of the hard cobra guys will agree.

blk04cobra1
05-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks when I come back from vacation I'll pick one up.

PR03cobra~ that link you posted points towards a penis enlargemnet site:thumbsup:

~steve
that's hilarious...:eek: ...RR03Cobra--is there something you're not telling us????

beerkat
05-02-2005, 10:44 AM
A friend of mine put the LFP heat exchanger on his '03. Looks real good and you can have it stenciled with Cobra or SVT. I think that you can get the stenciling in different colors. Also LFP is a club sponsor and may give a discount to club member. Link to Mark's website is in the vendors section.

crunchit
05-02-2005, 04:57 PM
i will check that one out too, thanks:thumbsup: