PDA

View Full Version : best exhaust and CAi

mothers62
04-30-2005, 01:45 AM
I am new here but I have read some posts about CAI's and now am totally confused. From what I've read before, K&N is the way to go, but most you here are saying JLT, I believe due to the relocation of the MAF. How do I know what's right for me. Second, I need help deciding on my exhaust. I want power but I also want sound. Money is no object. I have heard the Borla Stinger and I love the sound, but what can I put with it in terms of mid and headers. I want to go long-tube headers but recently read that long-tube require a special shorter x-pipe. I have also been considering the Magnaflow x-cat. what LT header will work with it and if you have an opinion, please express it and help me find sound clips for the 03/04 cobra. Sorry, I have an 04 cobra with 3300mi.

cobra330
04-30-2005, 11:20 AM
I am new here but I have read some posts about CAI's and now am totally confused. From what I've read before, K&N is the way to go, but most you here are saying JLT, I believe due to the relocation of the MAF. How do I know what's right for me. Second, I need help deciding on my exhaust. I want power but I also want sound. Money is no object. I have heard the Borla Stinger and I love the sound, but what can I put with it in terms of mid and headers. I want to go long-tube headers but recently read that long-tube require a special shorter x-pipe. I have also been considering the Magnaflow x-cat. what LT header will work with it and if you have an opinion, please express it and help me find sound clips for the 03/04 cobra. Sorry, I have an 04 cobra with 3300mi.

First I recommend the JLT RAI...it's the best way to go with a Cobra. Hit the JLT website and if you have any questions call Jay and he can assist.

Second there are alot of exhaust out there..and alot of them are good. Personally I recommend the Magnaflow catted X-pipe with the Magnaflow Catback. I also got 4 inch rolled tips and Magnapac Mufflers for mine. The 4 inch rolled tips just fill up the rear bumper are where the tips go and look awesome. The Magnapacs are alot like straight through mufflers...they sound AWESOME!!! I love the sound..and of course the little SOTP change in pickup. The tips and magnapacs have to be welded in..so, find a good welder..and he can put these in for you. You'll love the look and the sound. I recommend you go to www.myfordperformance.com for the exhuast. Ray Dixon will help you there.

Enjoy!

crunchit
04-30-2005, 05:03 PM
From what I have found, these cars do much better with straight CAI's.

cobra330
04-30-2005, 05:55 PM
From what I have found, these cars do much better with straight CAI's.

Exactly! That's why I recommend the RAI.

SVTcobra04
04-30-2005, 08:01 PM
ive got a STEEDA CAI.......couldnt be more impressed.i can feel the gain in power and more SC whine.also a breeze on installation.if u want a picture of it on my car just email me.... svtcobra0422@msn.com

InfamousSVT
05-02-2005, 09:22 PM
JLT :thumbsup: works for me!

sccobra
05-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Anyone try the new C&L Trueflow??
http://www.cnlperformance.com/95mm_03cobra.html

sssvtcobra
05-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Anyone try the new C&L Trueflow??
http://www.cnlperformance.com/95mm_03cobra.html

That is what I am planning on putting on my '04, I'm just worried that the inlet tube will not fit with a strut tower brace. I have heard good things about the C&L unit though. Just haven't heard anything about the inlet tube, I think they just recently started producing those. That is the reason why I don't want the JLT. If I wasn't concerned with a STB then it would be a JLT under my hood.

sccobra
05-05-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't have the STB yet...
If you go the C&L route let me know how it turns out -- with not only the STB but also the strut tower itself...

sssvtcobra
05-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I'll let you know. I haven't got the stb yet. It'll probably be awhile before I get that. I should be ordering the C&L soon. Going to Italy next month :bounce: for 3+ weeks so gotta save some $$.

cobra330
05-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Not sure I would even think about the STB..just do SFC's and other suspension work...but, if you do the STB..make sure it is a 3 point version..not the 2 point version I see some have.

sccobra
05-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Which SFCs and what suspension work would you recommend?

sssvtcobra
05-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Cobra330,

I plan on doing the SFC's also. I'm going through MM for my stuff, I'm pretty sure their STB is a 3 point......now I'm going to have to check :rotf:

SCCobra,

I recommend going with MM (Maximum Motorsports) for SFC's and other stuff. Other good upgrades are H&R SS springs and new isolators, IRS urethane bushings, and urethane control arm bushings. That will help in getting rid of the wheel hop that these '03-'04's have bad. You'll never get rid of the hop though unless you go with a solid rear axle. You could also go with urethane differential bushings, those will also help.

Hope it helps, hopefully somebody will chime in if I forgot anything.

Copperhead
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
I picked up 28hp with the Densecharger in the up position.