PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Poll....

InfamousSVT
05-05-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm wanting to get some new wheels for my Cobra and was wondering if you guys could give me a little help in deciding or to just leave them alone!

I'm looking into these two.....any suggestions?

The AFS 18" Chrome Cobra wheels
-or-
18" Deep Dish Bullit Style wheels

ausie
05-05-2005, 06:49 AM
I like the deep dish, but not the style. Even the Cobra R style is nice. Deep dish rears will definately change the appearance at just about any angle you look at the car.

blk04cobra1
05-05-2005, 08:49 AM
I'd have to agree w/Ausie about the Deep Dish...Im disappointed at myself for not holding out a little longer and getting some w/ a lip instead of the Saleens...I saw some Boyd Coddington FR-9's that look awesome and there's the SSR GT3 or CCW's as well...plenty of choices, just depends on how much you wanna spend...oh yeah, out of those two, i'd go with the AFS 18's

Mephisto
05-05-2005, 09:23 AM
I like deep dish myself. I added boyd coddington smoothie II. 18X9 and 18X10. It took a few tries for them to get it right, but they look good. You can't win because no matter what you end up with some idoit will always say" well if I were you I would have gotten......."
Some of my wheel pics can be seen at the bottom of the page in the SCMC snakepit on my Mephisto page.

InfamousSVT
05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Mephisto, I actually was looking into those wheels, I took a look at your pics in the Snakepit, very nice looking car!:thumbsup:

I may just wait on the rims and just keep what I have for now and think about it again around the end of the year.:dunno:

InfamousSVT
05-06-2005, 12:30 AM
I'm still leaning toward the Bullit style deep dish!

I like the look of the deep dish better then the Cobra rims, I can't reall make up my mind:rolleyes:

NO 5 OH
05-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Save your money young padiwan... you'll be owing me some of it at any rate to put your parts on your car ;);)

Remember the saying "chrome don't get ya home" and save your money for other things. Trust me... there's plenty of other things to spend your hard earned cash on. Besides... the 18" AFS replica 03 wheels are pretty much just like what you have already :D

Just my .02,

Shannon

InfamousSVT
05-06-2005, 12:56 AM
That's one reason I was leaning towards the bullit style deep dish........I don't want to spend xxxx amount of dollars on the same wheel, just in an 18".

Oh well, BTW Shannon I got a package today just don't know what it is yet so we'll see when I get home in about 4 more hours from work!:D

I'm going to try to make the install easier on you, I'm just going to start ripping stuff off the engine until I think it's time for the blower to replace something:rotf:

puzzle13
05-06-2005, 10:41 AM
You might want to check on the backspacing of the bullits. I got a set of 17" bullits (9" in front & 10.5" in back), they look good, but the front backspacing is 1/2" different than the originals and at times they rub when bottoming out. They rub very little, they have not rubbed at all since installation of MM full length subs and MM tower brace. Mine are the gun metal grey on a silver convertible 03'. I will try to send you a picture if I can.

TL04SVT
05-06-2005, 11:33 AM
You know what i voted for, lol. Get the KB installed then we will talk rims:D

cobra330
05-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Neither..the aftermarket versions are god awful heavy! It's like adding an extra 100 pounds to your car. Save your money and go buy SSR's, CCW's or Boyd Coddington...they are truly awesome..and light. Although it's either SSR or CCW that is filing bankruptcy so, you may want to get the one that is NOT so, you have someone for warranty issues.

Cobra4me
05-07-2005, 10:23 PM
I vote FR500 err thats not a choice is it?? My bad
Robbie K

ausie
05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
The bullits may look good, but then your car would look like just about every other mustang GT that has them. I do like my BBS wheels alot and they weigh less than the stock 01 rims I still have (left overs with snow tires mounted on them, made it hard to trade them in). I do like the Cobra R wheels too. I would do some more looking before buying any wheels. Considering now that there are more to choose from in different styles.

InfamousSVT
05-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions and replies!

I'm just going to wait on the wheels for now. After washing my car on Saturday night, I couldn't get over how good it looks clean:rotf: , and just decided to keep the wheels I have.
Besides, I've got to get a new clutch, level 5 halfshafts, a tune, upgraded brakes, and a couple other goodies before I can think about the looks of the car!

I'm kind of wanting the car to be a "sleeper" and keep it looking stock, but I'm sure the Bassani exhaust and Kenne Bell whine will kind of give it away!

Thanks again, I'll have to do some more research on wheels if I ever get thinking about changing them again!:)

psycho43142
05-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I vote for Forgeline ZX3-R's. If I put another set on mine to replace my RS's this is what I'd get.;)

http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/zx3r.html

Chris

ausie
05-25-2005, 06:17 AM
I vote for Forgeline ZX3-R's. If I put another set on mine to replace my RS's this is what I'd get.;)

http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/zx3r.html

Chris
They look great, but pricey. I wonder if the 18x10 or 18x10.5's have the usual FWD offset as most wheels, or are they deep dish? The pictures did not reveal much except for a direct view.

kilroy
05-25-2005, 08:13 AM
The only thing about AFS is that I've read several threads where owners say AFS got their backspacing wrong & for the big rears a spacer is required. I wouldn't consider anything requiring spacers although hands down I prefer AFS/OEM over Bullits on Terminators. Now on a Bullit, deepdish Bullits with anthracite centers is top dog.

It's your money. Put what you want on there. :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
05-25-2005, 10:06 AM
after seeing the black FR-500's (deep dish) I would prefer those...unfortunately im saving for some HRE's ;)

psycho43142
05-25-2005, 10:23 AM
They look great, but pricey. I wonder if the 18x10 or 18x10.5's have the usual FWD offset as most wheels, or are they deep dish? The pictures did not reveal much except for a direct view.
The offsets are custom for your car, when you order the wheels you need to give them a bunch of measurements and they make sure they clear your brakes and fit the car right. That's a big reason they are so pricey. I have 18x10's on the back of my 97 and there is probably enough room to go to an 18x12 on the back of it.

Chris

ORANGE CRUSH
08-22-2006, 03:35 PM
I vote FR500 err thats not a choice is it?? My bad
Robbie K

I would have to agree. Nice rims.

venomous
09-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Definetly don't get black wheels! :rotf: :rotf: :cool:

MarcInJapan
09-19-2006, 03:02 PM
My favorite wheels are the CCW Classics...but, they are pretty pricey.