PDA

View Full Version : ~Stereo System Design~

AdrenalineSVT
05-07-2005, 10:12 PM
So many Ideas so little time/Money. Here is the finished designof my system. Now I just need to get to building it. THought I would post it here it see what you all think:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/669537/5

Keep in mind I am open to suggestions.:)

C-Ya

QuickSilver
05-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I like the idea of putting the amps in the seat but for that type of car I would have a hard time cutting on the back of the seat, don't want to distroy it. I would put the amps on the side of the box or build the box a little longer and have their own display inside the box on the front. i also notice you still have the mach 460 amps. I have talked to a lot of people and they said the to change the deck you have to change the 460 amps, if you know diffent let me know because I have my own system that I am wanting to put in. over all I say you have a nice system, what type of JL's do you have?

This is my system that i am wanting in my car:

ALPINE 7875 DECK
1000W 4GAGE BOSS WIRE
500W PHOENIX GOLD AMP
2-220W SONY 4-WAY 6X9
ROCKFORD FOSGATE 60 AMP FUSE
1-500W RMS 1000W TOTAL ROCKFORD FOSGATE HX2 PUNCH

Jason

MODS: :rotf: :rotf:
KUMHO ECSTA MX 265/35/ZR-18
18" CHROME STEEDA ULTRA LIGHT RIMS
STEEDA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
STEEDA BILLET BULLET DOOR LOCK BUTTONS
STEEDA RACING LUG NUTS
STEEDA BILLET SHIFTER BEZEL W/ NAME
MGW 3-D COBRA SHIFT KNOB
BAER ERADISPEED VENTED CROSSED-DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS
20% BLACK TINTED WINDOWS
BASSANI OFF ROAD X-PIPE W/ NO CAT`S
UPR REAR BUMPER INSERTS ( BLACK)
UPR BLU THUNDER NS SHIFTER
K & N AIR FILTER
DIABLO SPORT CHIP
CHROME COBRA LICENSE PLATE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB DASHBOARD BADGE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB ENGINE BADGE
SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB-THIRD BREAK LIGHT DECAL

Ready to go on is Steeda 4 Bolt adjustable Caster Camber Plates, K-Member Brace, and 3:55 Gears

Xaqcraw4d
05-13-2005, 01:44 AM
You can keep the Mach 460 setup and put in a new deck. You need a signal converter for it though. It basically wires up to the amplified speaker outs on your new deck, then has adjustments to change the voltage back down to something the stock amps can handle. I ended up leaving mine set a little high, but the Mach 460 amps handle it just fine, and it makes your system sound that much better. I think it ran about 50 bucks, but thats a lot cheaper than all new amps and having to re-wire the whole car.

casey99COBRA
05-15-2005, 07:43 AM
www.crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com) has the amplifier adapter and harness for an aftermarket stereo for your mustang so you don't have to rewire everything. it's about 80 bucks.

Stavesacre21
05-16-2005, 03:00 AM
I have talked to a lot of people and they said the to change the deck you have to change the 460 amps, if you know diffent let me know because I have my own system that I am wanting to put in.
Don't really have to remove the amp, just simply bypass it. The Mach 460 system is a great system, but i will be honest...with alot of car audio experience, it is a #$%^& to try and wire up a different deck, and then bypass the amp, while trying to maintain the integrity of tweeters and woofers in the system. Not that it can't be done, but it's MUCH more in-depth then you're average factory deck replacement. If what Casey says is correct, you're best bet would be to do the harness...assuming it does somehow manage to bypass the amp.

Just my $.02...for kicks and giggles :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

psycho43142
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
I don't believe it bypasses the amp, it just drops the high power speaker outs of the deck to a level the factory amps can handle on their input.

Stavesacre21
05-16-2005, 06:06 PM
LoL....maybe it's just me, but if that's the case....doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose?! Thats kinda funny :dizzy: :lurk: :scratch:

If you wanted the same power as before, you really wouldn't want a different amp to begin with.

QuickSilver
05-25-2005, 12:03 PM
I do have a amplifier adapter on the back of the factory amps so that i can hook up my sub amp to the factory amp to get the power. But I am not getting the power or the wattage that I need to run my sub. I got the adapter at best buy for like $25. I do like the mach 460 system and by far one of the best factory systems but I am used to my after market system that factory systems can't touch. The Alpine deck that I have gives out so much power and watts to the speakers that I would have to change all the speakers out and get some that can handle it. I don't care for the idea of re-wireing to by-pass anything. the only wires that should be added is the hot and ground, remote, and audio cords and I already have them ran. I have heard of this from a number of people but my mach 460 deck has problems like I go to eject a CD and the CD gets hung on the top of the deck and I have to get a nother CD and push it down so it can come out. The other problem is the volume, I turn down the volume and it goes up and sometimes it take a few min. to get it to come back down. :doubt:

Jason :bounce:

MODS: :rotf: :rotf:
KUMHO ECSTA MX 265/35/ZR-18
18" CHROME STEEDA ULTRA LIGHT RIMS
STEEDA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
STEEDA BILLET BULLET DOOR LOCK BUTTONS
STEEDA RACING LUG NUTS
STEEDA BILLET SHIFTER BEZEL W/ NAME
MGW 3-D COBRA SHIFT KNOB
BAER ERADISPEED VENTED CROSSED-DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS
20% BLACK TINTED WINDOWS
BASSANI OFF ROAD X-PIPE W/ NO CAT`S