PDA

View Full Version : Track Days at CMP

beerkat
05-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Some of you may already know of this but it was new to me. Anyway CMP has a few open track day where anyone can come and play for $185. You are suppose to get 5 or 6 session at 20 to 30 mintues each. Yes I know that it is more expensive than what we get through the club for a weekend. The lady that I was talking to said that if 12 to 15 of us wanted to go the same day that they would setup a seperate class for us and the price might be reduced if we got our money in early. The following are the dates that are offered so far.
May 20
June 10
July 16 & 17
August 5
September 9
October 7
These days are for solo drivers, no instuctors, so if you have not driven CMP before of you are not comfortable without an instructor this is not for you.
Kim

beerkat
05-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I have three maybe four SVT guys that would like to do July 17th that is a Sunday . Any body else interested? It would be nice to know by the middle of June so I could see if we have enough for our own group and get some kind of a discount.

beerkat
05-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Well it looks like I have about 6 takers so far. If we paid our money two weeks early we can run for $160 save $25. I think that we get close to two days worth of track time in one day. NASA we get one 30 min and 2 25 min sessions a day for a total of 160 min. in 2 days. If we get 6 30 min. session that a 180 min in one day:bounce: , of couse if we only get 5 20min sessions then that is only 100 min of track time. :( My guess is that it will be some where in the middle of the two.

beerkat
06-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Ok Guys and Gals. Here is a link to TurnOne Track Days where you can download the forms you need to send in along with your check. I am still trying to get a better rate for a group but since I do not have a firm number of commitments it is hard for them to give me a price. I do know that if you have your paper work and payment in by July 1 then it is a $160 for the day.

From the talk I had Sunday with one of the people at TurnOne it sounds like 5 sessions of 20 min. each. If we can can come up with 12 driver we can have our own group.:thumbsup: If not then we would run in the Solo group. There is more information at the website. I will keep this updated as I learn more.

This is for the July 17th date

http://www.turn1motorsports.com/t1m_trackdates.htm

Craig is was good seeing you Sunday. I was off my meds so please excuse me for calling you Greg.:D I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t) or names or anything else for that matter, heck I forget my own name if I did not have it written in my underware.:rotf: Hope you can make it for the 17th

Kim

2KWhiteSnake
06-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Ok Guys and Gals. Here is a link to TurnOne Track Days where you can download the forms you need to send in along with your check. I am still trying to get a better rate for a group but since I do not have a firm number of commitments it is hard for them to give me a price. I do know that if you have your paper work and payment in by July 1 then it is a $160 for the day.

From the talk I had Sunday with one of the people at TurnOne it sounds like 5 sessions of 20 min. each. If we can can come up with 12 driver we can have our own group.:thumbsup: If not then we would run in the Solo group. There is more information at the website. I will keep this updated as I learn more.

This is for the July 17th date

http://www.turn1motorsports.com/t1m_trackdates.htm

Craig is was good seeing you Sunday. I was off my meds so please excuse me for calling you Greg.:D I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t) or names or anything else for that matter, heck I forget my own name if I did not have it written in my underware.:rotf: Hope you can make it for the 17th

Kim

Hey hey!
It was great seeing you 2 also. I'll definitely be there on Sunday. I've been busy, but I'll see if I can get some more people. What is the max # we can have?

Craig

beerkat
06-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I am not aware of a max number. I have 3 SVT guys besides myself that are going. I am working a a group rate but do not have enough confrimed people yet.
You need to download the forms from their site. If you get your money in by July 1 it will be $160 has it stands now. I have a email to them now seeing if I can get a better price for us. Hope to here from them this week of next. I think we need 12 to have are own group.

beerkat
06-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Well I have not heard back from CMP. I will be sending in my money by June 27.

Hope to see you there.

beerkat
07-07-2005, 08:39 AM
If you are going then you need to get your money in.

2KWhiteSnake
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey Kim,
I had to get a business trip worked out, but I'll be flying back in on Friday, so I'm a go for Sunday. I'm sending my check in tomorrow for Sunday. It's showing both the 16th and 17th dates (is it a combined weekend?). You coming up for both days, or just Sunday?

Craig

beerkat
07-11-2005, 07:22 AM
I am coming up just for Sunday. See you then.:thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
07-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I am coming up just for Sunday. See you then.:thumbsup:

I talked to Sylvia. I'm all set. See you at around 7:30 on Sunday. Be safe. :)

Craig

2KWhiteSnake
07-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Hope you made it back to Myrtle safely. Glad you weren't hurt in the spin today. Things could have been bad. If you want me to host the video, send it to sales@cbslimited.com . That account has unlimited size. Again, we're glad you're OK. I had a great time, even with the extreme heat. It was great meeting all of your friends also. Great bunch of guys.

Craig

beerkat
07-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Glad you enjoyed the guys. I think everyone had fun and would do it again, when cooler.

My trip home did not go to well. I got on I-20 and all most immediately some one got my attention to point out that I had something wrong with the car. Turns out I had a flat. No big deal other than I did not have a spare, well I did but it was on the car already. So I called Ford road side assistance and they sent a truck, that took 2 hours. So the car is now at Horn Ford in Florence. Since they are an SVT dealer I am going to let them do some work on it. The tire that went flat on 20 is trash from driving on it. Patch met me at the dealer and we were home by 10. I will up date you on the car as I find out more.

I will try and get you the "Spin" this week. Enjoied spending the day with you and if you decide to come down for Mustang week let me know.

2KWhiteSnake
07-18-2005, 02:55 PM
I hate that happened. :(

Again, we're just glad you weren't hurt. Keep us posted on the status of the car. I'm sure you're just trying to get a bit of rest. Yesterday was a long day for everyone, especially you and Patches.

Thanks again for the invite. I had a blast. :)

Craig

2KWhiteSnake
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
http://www.cbslimited.com/noogman/Movie.wmv

There is the link to the spin. :)

You can start a new thread if you'd like. Sorry it took so long to get it hosted.

Craig