PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get an Eaton Ported

Dave B.
05-15-2005, 03:05 AM
I would like to go ahead and spend the dimes if anyone knows where I can either buy an already ported Eaton, or where I can swap mine out as a core?

What sort of real gains can one get from one, and how much more fuel normaly needs to be added if any?
Let me know, thanks

Big Daddy
05-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Apten does it. I've heard that some other folks were doing porting, I think Amazon Racing was doing it, and maybe Modular Powerhouse.

InfamousSVT
05-15-2005, 02:49 PM
http://www.stiegemeier.com/index1.htmlDave Try Stiegemeier, they did Richard's car and he has a 2.75 pulley and dyno'd 514rwhp!

Good luck

cobra330
05-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I recommend Steigmeir...since lots of good results there..although Amazon Racing did do it while they are in Maryland...since thier machine person was local. I don't know if they will when they move to SC..but, probably. You would just need to call them to check....but, if they do..you could also go thier and they will install..and tune!

Dave B.
05-15-2005, 11:51 PM
What seems to happen to the tune once a Ported eaton is put on?

Say I have a tune right now for a 2.80 pulley, does anyone know how much more fuel to add?

I know its got to get on a dyno but there still must be a starting point, Perhaps one of you who have one could tell us what had to be changed in the your previous tune?

Thanks

AirForce1
05-16-2005, 02:23 AM
i have a friend who had a ported eaten befor he got the Kenny bell and he only got about 40 to 50 hp out of it. if i were you i would save up and get a KB with the KB you could add up to 200 to 250 hp.(with a good tune) my friend has an 04 10 annaversary with a KB and pullies and he dynoes at 820rwhp. :burnout: for the diference in the hp gain i would not mind wating for a little bit to get the KB. But that is just me.

Paratrooper82d
05-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I got mine done by Stiegemeier. I got the Stage III port. I highly recommend it. Stiegemeier used to do the ports before Apten went on their own to do theres.

blk04cobra1
05-16-2005, 05:24 PM
i have a friend who had a ported eaten befor he got the Kenny bell and he only got about 40 to 50 hp out of it. if i were you i would save up and get a KB with the KB you could add up to 200 to 250 hp.(with a good tune) my friend has an 04 10 annaversary with a KB and pullies and he dynoes at 820rwhp. :burnout: for the diference in the hp gain i would not mind wating for a little bit to get the KB. But that is just me.

820rwhp...he's gotta have some spray on that thing...nonetheless, that's some serious power...all though for those who dont have $6k laying around, a measely $495 will yield 40+rwhp, that's not too bad in my book...I would go with the port and see how you like 515+rwhp, then think about going big...:thumbsup:

BadMoFo
05-16-2005, 05:41 PM
go to svtperformance.com and they are having a special on stage II by steigemier for $349 I beleive. I am waiting on them to have a special on stage III and I am in.

Dave B.
05-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Well Im going for the ported Eaton,
Turns out theres a guy in a machine shop here that has done a few Eatons,

and hes local so I can have it taken off that day, ported and back on and running the next,

My only concern is the tune not going real lean, Im told the mass air comps for it, but sence I do have a Pyrometer I should be able to monitor it till I can get it on a Dyno.

Do you guys know the an 03 SVT at crusing speed around 90 MPH on the interstate indicates 1200 degrees on my EGT? that seems hot hot for just crusing but I put the stock mass air back on plus I gave it 2.5 percent more fuel,
It still reads 1200 degrees, but when I get on it will almost go up to 1300 degrees but stops,