PDA

View Full Version : Can you say SCAM?!

Stavesacre21
05-18-2005, 12:52 AM
http://www.turbonator.com/index.html

This is without a doubt, one of the funniest add-ons that i've ever heard of. :rotf:

Someone tell me it's not just me, but doesn't 35HP and 31% more fuel efficency sound AWEFULLY asinine :eek:

Anyone honestly think this product would yeild ANYTHING useful?

Lastly, would anyone be able to swallow their pride and say that they've bought something like this before? I'm just curious :lurk:

How about THIS comment in their FAQ section:

"Twenty and 35 HP boosts are not typical. Your results with the Turbonator will probably, but not necessarily, be less. Just keep this in mind."

SERIOUSLY :rotf:

beerkat
05-18-2005, 08:28 AM
The Turbonator kind of reminds me of the blower that boats use to move air through the bilge.:rotf:

dewone
05-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Looks like the tornado. Similar product out there. Never tried it. Hear it will help fuel mileage, may give a little gain. Comparing it to a Vortech is a bit insane though, no way that will produce the gains a superchager will.
"Injection is nice, I'd rather be blown."

RF Cobra
05-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Anyone honestly think this product would yeild ANYTHING useful?

It'll eventually make some attorney(s) richer from a false advertising lawsuit maybe.

The testimonials are hilarious "Feels like it gained x hp blah blah blah." Very scientific. Favorite one is about the Neon "I gained ten horses and went from 34-37 wheel horsepower to 44-47 wheel horsepower." Impressive! :rolleyes: Of course, with that little power to start with any gain would be noticeable! :rotf:

They are probably all excited now though. Since you started this thread they have probably had more hits on their website since it was created.

InfamousSVT
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
They say it's "less expensive, more efficeint then any Turbocharger, Supercharger, Blower, or Intercooler.":rotf: :rotf:

WTF are they thinking?:doubt:

If this is true, I need to sell my Kenne Bell and put this on my Cobra!:rolleyes:

Stavesacre21
05-18-2005, 03:13 PM
They say it's "less expensive, more efficeint then any Turbocharger, Supercharger, Blower, or Intercooler.":rotf: :rotf:

WTF are they thinking?:doubt:

If this is true, I need to sell my Kenne Bell and put this on my Cobra!:rolleyes:

Kenne Bell.....ppffffff

Heck, just think of HOW MANY of these you could buy for the price of yur Kenne Bell! :rolleyes:

If you read the FAQ's, it even says that some people like to put 3-4 of these on their car :scratch:

I mean, honestly, if the air flow is already flowing in a cyclone-like pattern, do you REALLY think it's gonna help when you have one every few feet of yur intake? LoL...asinine :what:

cobracrazy
05-18-2005, 03:23 PM
I think the guy is on to something. I probably see 10-15 POS rice burners on my way to and from work. We are talking about the multicolored, primer covered, big wing toting POS cars. Thatís a lot of fools running around wanting to spend thier weeks pay (70 bucks) on some go fast technology.

If anyone is dumb enough to buy that stuff I think they should be separated from thier money.

Besides I like the way it sounds on my Cobra. :rotf:

Stavesacre21
05-18-2005, 03:28 PM
I personally was waiting for one of the testimonials to say "and i just love the way the car whines now....just like a SC"

:rotf:

InfamousSVT
05-18-2005, 07:59 PM
:lol: :clapping: That's funny!:rotf:

RF Cobra
05-18-2005, 08:04 PM
I bet that guy with the TA that says he's spent $90k on it probably just removed the intake hose and bought a dozen or more of these and connected them all together from the intake to the throttle body. :rolleyes:

Stavesacre21
05-18-2005, 08:25 PM
dooood, that would add up to a total of 420+ HP!!!! No wonder he runs a 10.3 on street tires without a SC!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

NewFoundPower
05-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Doesn't Big Daddy have one of these on his car?:spoke:

Stavesacre21
05-19-2005, 08:59 AM
:jawdrop:

well, at least we can get a first hand testimonial :rotf:

InfamousSVT
05-19-2005, 08:23 PM
So that's what it is:eek: I was wondering what caused him to break down so much!:rotf: :rotf:

ausie
05-22-2005, 11:39 AM
I can't wait to get mine, I even ordered six of them since it costs less than the Kene Bell or Whipple. Thank you turbonator you saved me allot of money. Oh wiat there is more, if you act now, you get the fuel atomizer magnet that polarizes the fuel atoms so they burn better. :thumbsup: :rotf: Just think, mix that up the the V-max Power additives and you will have a really fast car without even consuming any fuel (that is because you get stuck on the back of a flatbed ).

Put that thing in front of the MAF and your troubles will be all over. :eek: I could think of better things to spend $70.00 on. I even read somewhere that the turbonator would cure the piston slap issues with GM products and the knock the early 03's had. I see that as entertainment purposes only. Now I will probably get SPAM from visiting the website. I would be better off putting sugar in my gas tank.

Big Daddy
05-22-2005, 03:11 PM

ONE??? Nope I've got six of them inline, more power than a Supercharger! :doubt: :doubt: :rotf: :rotf:

ausie
05-23-2005, 06:16 AM
I have been looking at the site too long, I cannot find an actual picture of one that fits the Mustang, then I stumbled upon this: