PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Racing moving to Anderson, S.C. !

RR03Cobra
05-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Just wanted my fellow members to know if you don't already that Rick and Linn with Amazon Racing is moving to Anderson, S.C. :bounce: . These are some great people to work with!! This is gonna be great for custom tuning, specialty parts, etc... They are hoping to get close to Ron and Kathy at Metco. Talk about an awesome combination !!!!! Some of us are going to help them clean up, paint and set up their equipment when they get everything straightened out with thier new building. If anyone is interested in donating their time to helping, drop me a line and I will be in contact. Let's make them feel like home!! :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Rocky

InfamousSVT
05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey Rocky.............I have talked with Linn about helping out with the cleaning and painting.

I'll PM you my cell number so that you can contact me and let me know the details when it gets closer!:thumbsup:

-Jason

FearTheSnake
05-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Just wanted my fellow members to know if you don't already that Rick and Linn with Amazon Racing is moving to Anderson, S.C. :bounce: . These are some great people to work with!! This is gonna be great for custom tuning, specialty parts, etc... They are hoping to get close to Ron and Kathy at Metco. Talk about an awesome combination !!!!! Some of us are going to help them clean up, paint and set up their equipment when they get everything straightened out with thier new building. If anyone is interested in donating their time to helping, drop me a line and I will be in contact. Let's make them feel like home!! :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Rocky
I spoke with Linn earlier in the week. Count me in, I have a new Cell # so call whenever they are ready. Course call me when you have the next Cruise-In also.

#245-8051

Thanks
DS

RR03Cobra
05-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Glad to see you guys willing to chip in and help!! :rotf: We are trying to set up a track day at Ware Shoals for June 11, racing will begin at 6:00 p.m.
until around 9:00 p.m. This event is open to all who want to come. Everyone welcome!!! I will also keep you all updated on the Amazon move. Rick and Linn have also added a tech thread to the Upstate Mustang Club website www.rythmuniversity.com/umcforum/index.php (http://www.rythmuniversity.com/umcforum/index.php) Everyone here is welcome on that site!!

Rocky

SVTcobra04
05-28-2005, 11:15 AM
so they wont be in MD anymore? :( :(

cobra330
05-29-2005, 12:47 PM
so they wont be in MD anymore? :( :(

That would be correct...as of about mid June..they are gone..to SC

InfamousSVT
06-02-2005, 03:49 AM
That would be correct...as of about mid June..they are gone..to SC
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers:

Infamous = :crazy:

I can't wait!!!

Rick@Amazon
06-09-2005, 10:23 PM
We will be coming down June 17th and work on the shop that weekend. I'd like to have the offices painted and get Linn all set up so there is no downtime for our customers. Bringing some boys down with me to set up the lifts. The shop address is 514 Camson rd. Then on the 20th we'll settle on the house and our trailer will be delivered there that day. On the 24th I go to San Fransico to tune a bunch of cars. When I get back from the west coast I'll go back to MD and move the rest of the shop down. Hopefully by mid July the dyno will be up and running. Thanks for all your support guys.:thumbsup:

Rick

InfamousSVT
06-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Rick, while you guys are moving can you find time to fit in a tune for me so I can atleast drive my car?

Linn@Amazon
06-11-2005, 08:37 AM
this is going to be a crazy next few weeks for us but let us see how things progress...

SVTcobra04
06-11-2005, 10:51 AM
welcome to the board linn! :D :bounce:

InfamousSVT
06-12-2005, 09:30 PM
this is going to be a crazy next few weeks for us but let us see how things progress...

That's fine, I'll just wait until you guys are all settled in and I can get it dyno tuned..........I'll feel more comfortable driving it once it's nice and tuned!:D

RR03Cobra
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
:cool: We will be helping Rick and Linn this weekend June 18 and 19. I have to work a little while Sat. morning, so I won't be there early. I believe kilroy will be helping to set things up for sat. morn. The plan is to meet at the shop or a designated location and head to the shop and help set up. All of those that are interested, p.m. me with your cell numbers and I will be contacting Rick and Linn to get things coordinated. Thanks everyone amd I know Linn and Rick thanks you! Rocky

InfamousSVT
06-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Rocky, this Saturday I will be at my sister's wedding, so I won't be able to help out.
Let me know if you guys are helping any next weekend or whenever else I could be of assistance.

You have a PM

Linn@Amazon
06-15-2005, 10:03 PM
well they just pulled the trailer away..hopefully tomorrow will go as planned and we will be on our way at some point Friday...I hope unpacking goes faster than packing did...sheesh 3 long days..I dont want to have to move for a long time..

InfamousSVT
06-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I know what you mean about moving.......we just built a house and we will be finished moving this Friday a.m.

FearTheSnake
06-16-2005, 10:46 AM
well they just pulled the trailer away..hopefully tomorrow will go as planned and we will be on our way at some point Friday...I hope unpacking goes faster than packing did...sheesh 3 long days..I dont want to have to move for a long time..
It should be faster unloading, usually it is for me because I'm always throwing crap away while packing.

Are you guys down by Metco & Creekside Bar-B-Que? Behind the Publix grocery store? If so, I told Rocky I would be there sometime Sat. afternoon to help.

DS

cobra330
06-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Well our lose in MD is your gain in SC.....Sounds like you guys have a large welcome for the Amazon Racing Team! Great people..and they do know these Cobras...so, make sure you give them the SCMC welcome!!!

With like a ton of Cobra's in thier parking lot!

RF Cobra
06-16-2005, 10:06 PM
I know what you mean about moving.......we just built a house and we will be finished moving this Friday a.m.
You finally get to move in! Congratulations! :)

InfamousSVT
06-16-2005, 10:40 PM
You finally get to move in! Congratulations! :)
Thanks, yeah the last few boxes will be moving in the morning when I get off from work. I'm so glad we are finally getting into the house!:)

I'll have to take some pics and post them for everyone to see the new house and my garage.........you can never have too much room!:D

kilroy
06-17-2005, 09:13 AM
:cool: We will be helping Rick and Linn this weekend June 18 and 19. I have to work a little while Sat. morning, so I won't be there early. I believe kilroy will be helping to set things up for sat. morn. The plan is to meet at the shop or a designated location and head to the shop and help set up. All of those that are interested, p.m. me with your cell numbers and I will be contacting Rick and Linn to get things coordinated. Thanks everyone amd I know Linn and Rick thanks you! Rocky Speaking with Linn yesterday, Murphy's Law is prevalent so they're playing it all by ear. Sometime Saturday morning we should converge on the shop & start cleaning up. :thumbsup:

I'm sure Rick & Linn will continue to travel for Dyno tuning sessions and may already have another one setup in MD... but you're right cobra330, MD's loss is SC's gain.

kilroy
06-18-2005, 10:13 AM
514 Camson Rd.
Anderson, SC

Starting around 11:00 this morning. Get there when you can

Big Daddy
06-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Does anyone have Amazon's phone number in Anderson?? If so please post it. THANKS!

InfamousSVT
06-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Does anyone have Amazon's phone number in Anderson?? If so please post it. THANKS!
I'm not sure that they have the new shop number yet, but if someone does know it POST IT...........I need a tune:D ;)

InfamousSVT
06-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Amazon Racing's new shop number is (864)332-0955 Here's the new number!:D :D

Big Daddy
06-28-2005, 08:09 PM
THANK YOU! :bounce: :thumbsup:

RR03Cobra
07-01-2005, 06:15 PM
The new shop is going to be awesome!! I believe Rick is going to MD to get another truck load. Linn, KIlroy, or myself will post some more info as it becomes available for anyone wanting to help! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
07-04-2005, 08:30 PM
The new shop is going to be awesome!! I believe Rick is going to MD to get another truck load. Linn, KIlroy, or myself will post some more info as it becomes available for anyone wanting to help! :thumbsup:

So when will the dyno be ready for use? I'm in need of a tune!:D

kilroy
07-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Rick is headed back up there to move the last truckload down this week. It's best to call the shop (864)332-0955 & speak with Linn about the dyno's availability. Once it is moved & re-installed at the new location the Mustang Dynomometer folks has to recalibrate it. My guess is mid-late July.

InfamousSVT
07-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Mid to later July:doubt: .......................................ok I can wait:D

kilroy
07-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Mid to later July:doubt: .......................................ok I can wait:DI don't see how you do it... I would have popped the motor already tooling around with my untuned Whipple. :cool: You must have great restraint.

Are you amassing turbo parts for the winter project yet? Still gonna do it?

InfamousSVT
07-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Most of the time the Cobra is in the garage......well atleast until it gets an Amazon tune in it.

For now, I'm almost done for a while. I will probably eventually go twin turbo, but for now I'm going to see how the KB does for me. Over the winter I will be building a built 8.8 to throw in it. I'll also be looking for a fox body or older Cobra just for daily driving or track use:D

Either way something will have a turbo on it. If not the 04 then the older model Cobra. I need to keep saving up and try to finish off the needs for the 04 right now......clutch, rear-end, etc.....:thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
07-08-2005, 01:39 AM
I don't see how you do it... I would have popped the motor already tooling around with my untuned Whipple. :cool: You must have great restraint.

Oh... I told him when I finished installing everything and got the car up and running to "use restraint until you have the tune checked... otherwise scattering your motor will be your fate" :)

The tune he has in it right now is somewhat soft... it could use some more timing but he needs to get it on a dyno to check everything out. That should happen this weekend ;)

And for a personal note... the Reichard spacer is a PITA to install :D

Shannon

InfamousSVT
07-08-2005, 01:43 AM
What are you talking about PITA to install..........it just falls right into place:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Linn@Amazon
07-08-2005, 02:31 PM
we finally have internet ..:D
things are going slower than anticipated and we are behind schedule..but we are moving towards a late July opening..we are planning to go back to MD next week for the rest of the equipment..then it will depend on how long it takes to get everything in place...

InfamousSVT
07-10-2005, 08:54 PM
we finally have internet ..:D
things are going slower than anticipated and we are behind schedule..but we are moving towards a late July opening..we are planning to go back to MD next week for the rest of the equipment..then it will depend on how long it takes to get everything in place...
Hey Linn, I'll need to get a dyno tune appointment as soon as you guys are able!

Had the car dyno'd last night and........................well let's just say I have a stock Cobra from the dyno sheet and it sucks:(

NO 5 OH
07-12-2005, 04:48 AM
Hey Linn, I'll need to get a dyno tune appointment as soon as you guys are able!

Had the car dyno'd last night and........................well let's just say I have a stock Cobra from the dyno sheet and it sucks:(

You mean it's not stock :doubt: I thought they all came with the "black supercharger option" from Ford :):)

But you're right... it's stock and slow :D:D:D

Oh and BTW Linn... I'll need an appointment along with Jason as well. I need to get the heavy pig of mine tuned a little bit better than what it was ;);)

Shannon

blk04cobra1
07-12-2005, 11:02 AM

Did you go over to CPRacing's dyno night????? I thought it would've at least picked up a few Pony's :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
07-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Wow Jason, I am shocked that you didn't see a significant difference. Just goes to show how important a tune is :thumbsup: .

-D-

Paratrooper82d
07-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Tune's are very important I found out. :thumbsup: Especially on those KB's.

InfamousSVT
07-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah, going from a pullied Eaton with around 460rwhp to a KB with 401rwhp really sucks.....................although I'm getting plenty of fuel:rotf:

My A/F is so rich it's off the charts, it hits 10.0 around 4k and just stays there for ever. There's 200+rwhp that will come out from the shadows when Amazon gets a hold of it:D For now it's setting in the garage awaiting the dyno to be open and a few more things to be added to it, for the final tune:thumbsup:
Then I'll be done with it until I can get some bills paid and then it's back to modding some more;)

InfamousSVT
07-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Tune's are very important I found out. :thumbsup: Especially on those KB's.
So Richard you going to post up the new numbers you got or can I spill the beans:D

blk04cobra1
07-13-2005, 08:27 AM
I saw where he put down a monster for a ported Eaton...very nice indeed :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
07-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, going from a pullied Eaton with around 460rwhp to a KB with 401rwhp really sucks.....................although I'm getting plenty of fuel
Ouch :eek: .

-D-

InfamousSVT
07-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Ouch :eek: .

-D-
Yeah tell me about it!:mad: ...............I want a tune:baby: :bounce:

RF Cobra
07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I wondered about that last Saturday on the way to Carlos. I thought maybe you were just asleep behind the wheel/worn out from winning the kart race. ;)

Hope they can get you fixed back up soon.

InfamousSVT
07-14-2005, 08:04 PM
I wondered about that last Saturday on the way to Carlos. I thought maybe you were just asleep behind the wheel/worn out from winning the kart race. ;)

Hope they can get you fixed back up soon.
Me too! I'm ordering my 2lb lower this week and my RR Manual Tensioner next weeek, so hopefully by the time I get all that installed, Amazon will be ready for full service:D

kilroy
07-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Guys/Dolls - Rick & Linn have returned from closing their MD shop & they could use a hand tonight in off-loading a trailer at their new digs.

All hands on deck. This is not a drill....

Amazon Tuning Solutions
514 Camson Rd.
Anderson, SC

(864)332-0955

:cool:

Rick & Linn are both hard at it right now & I'll be out there around 17:00 - until... Bob, FatTony, & maybe Rocky... David - If you can make it out I need to chat you up about Fluor...

JC

FearTheSnake
07-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Rick & Linn are both hard at it right now & I'll be out there around 17:00 - until... Bob, FatTony, & maybe Rocky... David - If you can make it out I need to chat you up about Fluor...

JC[/QUOTE]

Missed you last nite, had already gone when you posted this msg. My bro-in-law is in the Hospital so I was there last nite. Just call me up this weekend if you'll be at Amazon tomorrow. #245-8051.

Rick/Linn- all I can say is I feel for you guys today and this weekend.. IT IS HOT AS HADES OUTSIDE TODAY!:mad:

RR03Cobra
07-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that we have successfully unloaded both trailer loads of equipment at the new Amazon shop. :thumbsup: They only have a million performance parts!!!This shop is going to be the bomb!! Rick and Linn are already talking about car shows, cruise-ins, bar-b-cues, etc.... :rotf:
I know Rick and Linn will also need help straightening out the shop, putting up and unpacking boxes and equipment, and general clean-up. If anyone is interested, their new shop number is (864) 332-0955. The next few weeks is going to be a little chaotic until they get the shop good and organized. I believe they will be setting up for business early this week. We are planning a grand opening in a few weeks. I will keep you all posted. Hopefully, we can get a great turnout and show our support for Rick and Linn.

Rocky