PDA

View Full Version : Belt Size????

InfamousSVT
05-19-2005, 02:12 AM
Ok, just wondering, but is there a belt sizing calculator somewhere?

I'm getting ready to install the KB with the KB 3" pulley on it and was wondering which belt to purchase?

Here's a couple things before you answer, I use the stock belt with Billet Flow 2.76 blower pulley and Billet Flow 4 piece idler set, stock lower. Now I'm going to need a larger belt using the idlers and the 3" KB pulley, but I'm also going to use the RR S/C spacer which is ? how thick, I believe like 3/8 or something like that.

Anyone have any ideas? How about a size without the S/C spacer?

Thanks,

Jason

wrenchturner
05-19-2005, 06:59 PM
CobraBob has one its the only one I know of.. Not sure if what you need is on there but here you go.. http://stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

InfamousSVT
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks, this will help me out!:thumbsup:

gnxs
05-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Ok, just wondering, but is there a belt sizing calculator somewhere?

I'm getting ready to install the KB with the KB 3" pulley on it and was wondering which belt to purchase?

Here's a couple things before you answer, I use the stock belt with Billet Flow 2.76 blower pulley and Billet Flow 4 piece idler set, stock lower. Now I'm going to need a larger belt using the idlers and the 3" KB pulley, but I'm also going to use the RR S/C spacer which is ? how thick, I believe like 3/8 or something like that.

Anyone have any ideas? How about a size without the S/C spacer?

Thanks,

Jason
My Whipple with a 3.0 uses a 76" belt. However, I don't have the RR spacer and my bottom three idlers are stock size. I suspect a 76.5" or 77" belt would work. Get a few, most parts stores let you return the ones you don't use. I picked up three at Napa and later returned the two I didn't need.

wrenchturner
05-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Welcome :D

Thanks, this will help me out!:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
05-21-2005, 05:26 PM
My Whipple with a 3.0 uses a 76" belt. However, I don't have the RR spacer and my bottom three idlers are stock size. I suspect a 76.5" or 77" belt would work. Get a few, most parts stores let you return the ones you don't use. I picked up three at Napa and later returned the two I didn't need.
Thanks, I was looking at the chart link above and came up with using a 77" belt, so I guess I'll get that one and see how it goes.

Thanks again for you help!:thumbsup: