PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there with 373 gears on an 03/04 Cobra??

Dave B.
05-22-2005, 04:48 AM
I have an 03 and Im thinking about putting in 373 gears in just for a little bit more pull, I do not race the car ever, I currently have the following on the car. any one have 373's ????

2.80 Pulley
Mac cold air
Accufab single blade
Magnaflow cat and "X" pipe
Gordsford heat exchanger
predator tuned

OBI ONE
05-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I have 3:73 gears and if you are not going to be racing, dont change them. Spend the money on something else. I have noticed a difference but slight one. I loose traction easier. You will only see about a 200 rpm difference, so honestly my opinion if you are not going to use the gears, get some thing else. I wish I would have went 4:11 but lessoned learned. It cost me just a little over $400 to have the gears installed and it took about 2 days. So almost $600 later :mad: , it was not worth it in the long run. Heck upgrade the heat exchanger.

jmiller
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I feel a subtle, but noticeable difference with the 3.73 gears. If racing, the few hundred more rpm's with the 3.73s at the end of the quarter mile can be quite important.
I have had the stock 3.55 and also tried the 4.10 gears. The 4.10 gears are quite different in feel (pull) and are a bit too much for my car in the quarter mile (rpm's too high at the end). In town, the 4.10s were simply wild on the street and the tires would break loose too easily. The 3.73s somewhat split the difference and are just right for what I want to feel and do.

jmiller

Dave B.
05-24-2005, 12:21 AM
I know what your saying about putting my money into changing something else then getting 373 gears and maybe doing a heat exchanger,

But I already put a Gordsford in last week or so, Iv done the pulley,idlers,cold air,throttle body, lowered it, new wheels, tires,cobra "R" wing, Cobra "R" hood.
Gordsford heat exchanger, shirter,Magnaflow catback and "X" pipe,

Heck I think iv done all the bolt ons there are, So I thinking of either port the blower first, then do 373 gears, but then i started thinking of just doing 373 gears instead of porting the blower thus getting that same type of more horse power feel with just the gears that way im not taking my motor apart.

I readly dont like the term PORTING after all the wave runner/motorcycle porting/boring out/bigger cams nightmares i have gotten my self into years ago. I do not want another granade!!!