PDA

View Full Version : is it worth the switch?

sonicsnake03
05-24-2005, 02:53 AM
I asked this on another website but not too many people knew what this was. I bought my cobra about 3 weeks ago. maybe a month. anyways it came with an AFE cold air on it. I personally had never heard of this company before i saw the cold air. does anyone know anything about them? would it be worth it to change to a FIPK or a JLT? thanks for the help you all.

blk04cobra1
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I would say yes....the JLT is proven and you may see some performance increase...

pkstanger
05-24-2005, 05:15 PM
I asked this on another website but not too many people knew what this was. I bought my cobra about 3 weeks ago. maybe a month. anyways it came with an AFE cold air on it. I personally had never heard of this company before i saw the cold air. does anyone know anything about them? would it be worth it to change to a FIPK or a JLT? thanks for the help you all.
Try STEEDA's. 10-15 rwhp stock. Over 25 rwhp modified.

InfamousSVT
05-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Yes it's worth the switch to the JLT!:thumbsup:

There's a write up in the how-to notes on the home page of this site.........on a stock Cobra with the exception of a Magnaflow cat-back, he gained 21rwhp! The numbers will only increase with more mods:D

Plus the JLT kit is the only one that can be painted to match your car!:bounce:

Good luck!

smashedheadcat
05-25-2005, 05:43 PM
If I am thinking of the right company, then there are two kinds of AFE cold air kits. One is a full kit that goes from the throttle body to the filter. If you have this piece, then I don't think the change will be worth it. The other one is just a black box that holds a filter on the inside. This piece will not compete with a JLT cold air kit, and yes, it would be worth replacing. I'm really not sure if they still sell the full (throttle body to filter) kit but it was a nice piece. Pretty much one smooth transition to from the tb onto the 12inch k&n filter.

OBI ONE
06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I dont think the change is worth it either. A magizine article did a flow test on sevreral different air filters. AFe was the most flow airfilter, and K&N was number three. I had no problem running AFe air products on my car. Save the money and get something else. I will try to find the article. :cool: