PDA

View Full Version : Flowmaster

BOOMER23
05-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, gotta question. I love flowmaster and I am really wanting to get my hands on an american thunder catback for my 03 but the only thing is I want it to be stainless steel all the way and everybody offers it but Flowmaster, am I out of luck or has anybody heard of them putting out a SS catback anytime soon, Ill hold out for it if they are gonna do it soon but otherwise Im gonna be pissed. Im not really interested in any of the other companies as they dont really give the same sound as the flows will but Im freakin stuck.

InfamousSVT
05-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Hate to say this, but I don't think that Flowmaster will be coming out with a entire SS kit:(

Just my .02, but I was a Flowmaster fan for years, but I heard some of these Bassani cat-backs and that sold me on it. I've got the entire Bassani exhaust and it's all Stainless Steel.........expensive but I'll never have to replace it!;)

Good luck with your exhaust search!:thumbsup:

puzzle13
05-25-2005, 07:04 PM
If you order a Flowmaster system for your 03 check it really carefully for hitting parts of the car! I tried their system and it actually didn't fit well, it hit in two places. The sound was okay, but their fit is really haphazard. Tried the Bassani, fit was great, but it was really loud for the convertible. I finally ended up with the stock hpipe and the Magnaflow system. Great sound, all the power of the Bassani, but not as loud, and the fit was good.Hey guys, gotta question. I love flowmaster and I am really wanting to get my hands on an american thunder catback for my 03 but the only thing is I want it to be stainless steel all the way and everybody offers it but Flowmaster, am I out of luck or has anybody heard of them putting out a SS catback anytime soon, Ill hold out for it if they are gonna do it soon but otherwise Im gonna be pissed. Im not really interested in any of the other companies as they dont really give the same sound as the flows will but Im freakin stuck.

Big T
05-25-2005, 10:28 PM
I've got the flomaster system and it did not fit right. It has hanging too low and was hitting the weight under the rear. Had to get a muffler shop to refit it after I installed it. I like the sound but not ss throughout.

jack
05-26-2005, 11:49 AM
I have the magnaflow cat-back and would like something with a little deeper tone to it. I was a big fan of Flowmaster mufflers on the 87-93 mustangs and like the sound they give. Does the Bassani have the deeper tone to it? To me the magnaflows have a higher pitch to them. thanks

InfamousSVT
05-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I have the magnaflow cat-back and would like something with a little deeper tone to it. I was a big fan of Flowmaster mufflers on the 87-93 mustangs and like the sound they give. Does the Bassani have the deeper tone to it? To me the magnaflows have a higher pitch to them. thanks
I personally like the Bassani sound over the Magnaflows.......yes IMO it has a deeper sound to it. I had an exhaust clip of it, but I must have deleted it:(
If you are going to be at the Mooresville Ford show you can listen to my car, if it's there! (stuff hasn't came for the KB install yet)

I've got the full Bassani system and still has cats on it for now, but I believe I'll be taking those off soon........heard one without the cats and loved it even more. I had a bunch of compliments on my exhaust at the AutoFair and people couldn't believe how loud it was even with the cats still on it!:thumbsup:

Hope you're at the show.......come support the club:D

cobra330
05-26-2005, 08:55 PM
You could always add Magnapacs to the Magnaflows...lot cheaper than buying a new exhaust. I don't know if they add a deeper tone but, I like them.

Actually I would also consider SLP or Borla Stingers. Both sound very nice on our cars. I know a guy with just the Borla Stinger cat back and stock H-pipe and his sounds awesome! I can't imagine what it would be like if switched out his mid pipe!

ausie
05-27-2005, 06:25 AM
I have the SLP Loudmouth. I really like the sound after they toned down a bit. Some do not like it mostly because it is too loud. Considering the kit I have is basically just straight pipes with no mufflers. Yeah that bullet shaped thing is a resonator. It took a month or so until the open header sound reduced to something I can live with on a daily basis. What I like best (maybe I am just sick or nuts) is the popping sound you get while slowing down with a little bit of engine braking which is comparable to a Harley with straight pipes but not as loud. However, it does not sound too good in a multi level parking deck due to the reverberation of the sound bouncing off all the walls. Under over passes or through town it sounds great. I do like the sound of flowmasters too. A friend of mine has them on a early model Chevel his brother build for drag racing, but probably would not get the same sound unless I had long tube headers, no cats and a radical cam. As for the 4.6L 4v, it has its own distinct sound to it which is mostly due to the cast iron headers along with the restrictive cats. For lower tones, you would probably do well with 3 inch piping since the resonating frequency will be lower for a larger diameter pipe when compared to the 2.25 inch stock pipe. Yep, your engine acts like a bellows and the exhaust works like the pipes on a pipe organ. The larger the pipe the lower the frequency (deeper tones). The SLP uses a 2.5 inch plumbing but 3 inch would be even better.