PDA

View Full Version : PCV Question

RF Cobra
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
JLT offers the option of using the stock setup on the CAI kit or for $10 more he offers a S&B breather to go on the PCV eliminating the hose to the intake. Would it be better to get the breather option to prevent potential oil problems, or is there any reason why I should keep the stock setup?

InfamousSVT
05-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I recommend the breather, but I've heard of some people using just the breather having the car stalling on them.

I kept the PCV hose, but I've got a breather cap that utilizes the PCV hose and also incorporates a breather.

Here: http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/online/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=1054&osCsid=d563d2640d2a45690efbc6e5fae564d2

Hope this helps!
BTW, if you decide to just use the breather that JLT sells with his kits, send me a PM, I've got one I'll give you for free if you are at the Mooresville Ford show June 4th!:thumbsup:

-Jason

RF Cobra
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
I recommend the breather, but I've heard of some people using just the breather having the car stalling on them.
Hmmm...I can do that easy enough on my own without any additional help! ;)
I thought I remembered someone mentioning something negative about the plain breathers.

Guess I'll get the regular JLT kit for now without the breather option and then get the SHM one in your link if I need it.

Thanks for the info! :)