PDA

View Full Version : Bout to be Blown

Why Try?
05-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Just put down my first of three payments to Modularpowerhouse.com for my Vortech S-Trim kit, should have this thing on the first week in september!!!!!!! Just thought id share the good news, plus I Cant wait to be blown!!!!!!!

SNAKEYE
05-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Cant wait to be blown!!!!!!!
I only have to wait until tomorrow morning. Oh yeah!

Cobra4me
05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Just put down my first of three payments to Modularpowerhouse.com for my Vortech S-Trim kit, should have this thing on the first week in september!!!!!!! Just thought id share the good news, plus I Cant wait to be blown!!!!!!! Did this company set up some kind of payment plan with you??

ausie
05-27-2005, 06:36 AM
What I like best about the centrifrugal type blowers is the whine! Add some cheese (sticky tires) to the mix and hold on. :D

I may hear my Eaton a bit, but more would be better. Add a cog pully belt set up and call it perfection. I would buy the motoblue cog set up, but I believe that 14psi is too much for the Eaton to muster (too much heat build up).

Why Try?
05-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Did this company set up some kind of payment plan with you??
yeah, they just set up the account and bill and i just call and put down money when i can, kinda like a lay-away plan good stuff and easier to sneak money out without getting caught by the Misses :thumbsup:

Why Try?
05-28-2005, 12:07 PM
I only have to wait until tomorrow morning. Oh yeah!
so what system did you get, post some pics and numbers. man i cant wait to get back to the states!!!!:bounce:

smashedheadcat
05-29-2005, 06:27 AM
When you guys get your blowers, make sure you get all the necessary supporting parts to go with them. Especially if elevating the boost level past what is recommended. My vortech'd 97 cobra only lasted a few days before sending the shortblock south. Make sure the tune is right, and enjoy your new power!!

SNAKEYE
06-13-2005, 08:31 PM
When you guys get your blowers, make sure you get all the necessary supporting parts to go with them. Especially if elevating the boost level past what is recommended. My vortech'd 97 cobra only lasted a few days before sending the shortblock south. Make sure the tune is right, and enjoy your new power!!At 47000 miles on my Vortech, with a a compressor rebuild at 28000 (impellor and bearings), the engine just screams along whenever I want it. Don't DO anything that the manufacturer says NOT to do and engine longevity should be just fine. If you go hog wild with boost on a stock engine it won't last. Enjoy 6 psi of boost AND a longlasting engine. To really wake up the performance of the entire car, put in 4.10 gears and make it come alive. If you think you need to push it to 10 psi to beat some other car you are going to be terribly disappointed very quickly when the engine expires. But then you can spend another ton and a half of money to rebuild everything.

93KingCobra
06-13-2005, 08:56 PM
But thats half the fun....Breaking it just means that you can make it better :D If you have the money!!!!

blackandblown
06-21-2005, 01:39 AM
had one in mine since nov of last year. I would not run the FMU its not all that safe to run. The best and safest way to go is 42# injectors, 255lph pump, 90mm lightning mass air meter and a chip. My short block gave up shortly after I installed mine. But this was due to the fact that I had huge tuner issues. Long story short some how my fan was left unplugged and motor overheated...oil smoke came later. still made 396rwhp at 10:1a/f and it dropped four cylinders. I drove it crippled like that for 6 months.

tcrews
06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Actually on a stock setup an FMU isn't that bad. It "overcompensates" for not having a full-tilt fuel system upgrade very well. My recommendation is to always get the kit installed the way Vortech designed it (that's with an FMU) and once everything is working properly and you have some miles on the boosted setup....then you can start looking at changes. More people have blown up ditching the FMU then people still running one.

Tom Crews
had one in mine since nov of last year. I would not run the FMU its not all that safe to run. The best and safest way to go is 42# injectors, 255lph pump, 90mm lightning mass air meter and a chip. My short block gave up shortly after I installed mine. But this was due to the fact that I had huge tuner issues. Long story short some how my fan was left unplugged and motor overheated...oil smoke came later. still made 396rwhp at 10:1a/f and it dropped four cylinders. I drove it crippled like that for 6 months.

SNAKEYE
06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Not safe? Explanation please!
At 47K miles with the FMU that came with the Vortech kit, all is well.
Install a boost gauge and a fuel pressure gauge when you install the Vortech. Keep an eye on feul pressure gauge when you mash the motor. If the fuel pressure gauge doesn't jump from the normal 35-40 psi to 65+ psi when you go into boost, get out of boost and check out the FMU. Otherwise, to start with, run what the kit brung.

ffcobra
07-03-2005, 12:32 PM
I did't know m p h did that, Good plan on the sneaking $$ out lol i need to try this. I want to get rid of my kenne bell and go to a t trim.Hmmmmmmm i like this site already lol :D travis

Why Try?
07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
I did't know m p h did that, Good plan on the sneaking $$ out lol i need to try this. I want to get rid of my kenne bell and go to a t trim.Hmmmmmmm i like this site already lol :D travis
yeah Rhonda at MPH helped me out, all is paid for now just waiting to get back from my TDY over here at Cyprus, should be getting installed and tuned by MPH the last weekend in August, just in time for the Auto Fair in Charlotte:bounce: