PDA

View Full Version : Moving to FL, what now

Why Try?
05-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Well looks like ill be moving to FL to attend UTI in september, so im looking on the forums and i dont see anything for FL, GA, or AL, so do i just have to drive back up to SC/NC or is there a chapter there already???

nckissfan
05-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I think you just volunteered to be the FL rep:D

Big Daddy
05-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I think you just volunteered to be the FL rep:D

Sounds like it to me!! :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why Try?
05-26-2005, 08:56 PM
sounds good to me, guess ill have to get with someone on that (Tony???) I would love to promote this site and club to every Cobra member in FL!!!!:bounce:

cobrabitn
05-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Scott,

The more you promote, the merrier. You're hired! Now, go get us some more Cobra people.. :rotf:

Tony

ausie
05-27-2005, 06:42 AM
I could probably try to recruit some up here in PA but most have the run of the mill GT or V6. I do not run in to too many Cobra owners up here. Perhaps at the SVTOA car show I may run into some. I will pass on the word and see what happens. I hope they have the dyno this year, I want to get a pull or two if possible.

cobrabitn
05-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks Ausie...actually we have a few members in PA. What I rather you do is put a cruise or get together for the club up there.... ;)

ausie
05-28-2005, 08:02 AM
That sounds tempting. I have always wanted to do that with some friends but it never happened. It either became a road ralley or it rained. I guess a good starting point and ativity at the destination is what is needed. Best to look at the members list first just in case I am the only member on the east side of PA. Some planning is needed to make it work.

RF Cobra
05-28-2005, 12:14 PM
...it rained.

According to Lisa that is a requirement for SCMC events so don't let that get you down. :)

cobra330
05-29-2005, 12:53 PM
If I have my way..I'll be in Flordia some time soon.........but, I doubt I get my way! :( I am ready for nicer weather year round...no offense to anyone here but the state of Maryland blows. Now don't get me wrong thier are alot nice people here with Cobras...that part I would miss...but, not the weather..and the freaking outrageous housing costs.

For that matter Charlotte/Raleigh, NC would do..as I lived in Charlotte for several years...or my g/f likes Charlestown SC....anyone got a job for me? I'll move...quickly!

Sorry to thread hijack!

ausie
05-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Florida is nice sometimes. Too hot for me though. I would guess the worst part about driving down there (on the highways) are the huge bugs that should have their own landing lights. I have stayed down there in Vero Beach a few months at a time while I was in High school. I have family down there. Have to think of the fringe benefits though, beaches full of sun bathing beauties, :D did I say bugs? I am still thinking of the beaches and lost my train of thought. :cool: