PDA

View Full Version : Why SCMC charges dues?

cobrabitn
05-27-2005, 10:52 PM
While reading on another board about dues, I felt it necessary to tell everyone here why the SCMC charges dues...

First and foremost member dues is used to pay for the very bulletin board that you are currently reading and if it weren't for the 580 members that pay their dues, we would not have this board to post pictures, receive knowledge, coordinate events and meets, or just plain have fun.

While some people like to have the "free lunch" that others provide for them, our members are paying for you to enjoy this bulletin board. (You have never heard us say that our BB may be in trouble due to lack of funds). That's why members take priority...they are paying for your enjoyment.

Second, SCMC website...a very cool place to visit where you can learn about upcoming events, event coverage, and other Ford news. try about 2 to 3 million hits per month on our site.

Third, newsletters...each member receives a quarterly newsletter going more in depth about events, how to articles written by our members, member profiles, feature cars, registration forms, new members, and more...

Fourth, discounts... our members have saved literally thousands and thousands of dollars by using our vendor discounts.

Fifth, regional mailing lists. We have member only regional mailing lists so members in your state and region can chat while not posting on a BB.

Sixth, SCMC Store... setting up our Visa/Mastercard account cost a pretty penny and we have to pay a monthly fee whether we get one order or a thousand orders. (the more orders, the higher the monthly fee) This is a convenience for our members.

Seventh, event discounts...our members have received some pretty steep event discounts where their dues has been more then made up. Dues is also a way of saying you want to be associated with a certain group of people so therefore you become a member. It's your monetary committment to the club to keep it running and the price is well below most other clubs and well worth it.

Eigth, Personalization...SCMC offers more "personalized" merchandise to our members then any other organization out there.

With membership you get a membership card, windshield decal, club pen if renewing, all in a nicely prepared envelope. Dues is extremely reasonable, $15.00 a year to $55.00 a year depending on where you live and what membership package you wish to order.

We are a club, not a bulletin board. If you want to visit a BB then there are thousands out there for you to visit. If you want to support a cause and help retain the very BB/website you are on then now you know why we charge dues.

Thanks for your time!

Tony

nckissfan
05-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Amen!:thumbsup:

RF Cobra
05-27-2005, 11:27 PM
I didn't want to be the first to reply to this, so thanks Mike! :rotf:

Anyway if the average person that uses this board had even just a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes (and I have only had a small glimpse myself but I seem to keep getting myself in deeper every time I turn around ;) ) then you would realize the dues are so insignificant compared to what you get back in return.

I have no regrets joining, and I'm enjoying every minute of it (except for having to buy 2 new tires to go to the GA show:rolleyes: ). And I keep finding new ways to become more involved in the SCMC and as a result I keep getting even more back in return. :D

Thank YOU Tony! :thumbsup:

beerkat
05-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Thank you Tony! :thumbsup: and all the rest of the members who work behind the scene to make this a great club.:bounce:

Also it reminds me that it is time to renew my membership:D

NewFoundPower
05-29-2005, 12:42 PM
This site rocks!! Just the friendships I have made have been well worth the dues. :thumbsup:

-D-

tazzracing1
05-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Tony,

I'm very greatful for this club and its members. I feel as though I belong here and always have ever since I joined. I have had a chance to help serve this club and will do it again when the time is right if permitted to. I have had some great advice and that alone has saved me way more than the club dues.
I have a very good idea of what it takes to run this club and everything that is involved in doing it. But what I want to is THANK YOU for a Great club and a chance to be an member.:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
05-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Well written!:)

Big Daddy
05-31-2005, 01:02 AM
This site rocks!! Just the friendships I have made have been well worth the dues. :thumbsup:

-D-

You have friends??? :rotf: :rotf: ;) :)

Big Daddy
05-31-2005, 01:05 AM
Tony,

I'm very greatful for this club and its members. I feel as though I belong here and always have ever since I joined. I have had a chance to help serve this club and will do it again when the time is right if permitted to. I have had some great advice and that alone has saved me way more than the club dues.
I have a very good idea of what it takes to run this club and everything that is involved in doing it. But what I want to is THANK YOU for a Great club and a chance to be an member.:thumbsup:

I would agree with you but then I would be accused of trying to kiss up to Tony! ;) ;) :rotf: :rotf:

Really Tony and his wife do a TREMENDOUS job with the club. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think it's mostly his wife! ;) ;) :rotf:

dewone
05-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Dues are very reasonible, The Buick club charges $35-$83. Both clubs are fountains of info. Proud to be a member. Well worth the couple bucks to be associated. Thank you Tony, and all that help.

NewFoundPower
05-31-2005, 09:43 AM
You have friends??? :rotf: :rotf: ;) :)

Nah, I just hang around with Cobra driving Italians named Big Daddy from time to time.

-D-

kilroy
05-31-2005, 11:01 AM
If one were so inclined to visit Jackson for SCMC Track Day twice a year, the standard membership would save ya some coin, right there... Not to mention other events. :thumbsup: I'll be re-uppin' Tony!

Great Club & members :D

cobrabitn
05-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Kilroy,

I hope you can make the show this weekend!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, too! :D

BTW, my burnout avatar is at the Jackson dragstrip!

:)

Cobra-R
05-31-2005, 10:47 PM
$15 to be a full fledged member is chump change, this is the best group of people I have ever been around and that worth the money alone, add the benefits Tony mentioned and it's a heck of a bargain!!!

Thanks for all you do for us Tony, your the man!!! :thumbsup:

Brian

spitfire
06-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I go to all the events that I can whenever I home! :( But unfortanatley that is not very often. Currently stuck in Colombia. But I did my dues the cheap way out. I paid for ten years after being a member for a year. Therefore I don have to worry about dues for a while, or if they go up in price! But thanks Tony, and always looking forward to getting home, and meeting up with the group! :thumbsup: