PDA

View Full Version : Sound system not workin quite right

SVTcobra04
05-28-2005, 12:01 PM
when i put in a cd theres a small noise and it's getting louder and louder.I know someone with a V6 stang and he's on his 3rd in 2 years.What are some stereo's that are good and will fit?just wanna replace it and have no problems.

RF Cobra
05-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Is the noise coming through the speakers or from the unit?

If you haven't gone over the mileage, I'd just let them replace it under warranty for now. My clock didn't keep time right so I made them replace the whole thing just for the clock. They don't have to mess with the dash to get it out so it is pretty easy.

I've heard it can be a pain to put in an aftermarket unit so I would do a lot of research first if you do replace it.

sssvtcobra
05-28-2005, 02:58 PM
SVTcobra04~

Just thought I would throw this out there for some thought. You don't have to get an aftermarket stereo that is the same size as the factory unit. My Alpine IVA-D900 is just a single DIN, and the factory radio's are double DIN. But what the stereo store did for me in my '01 was on the bottom of the stock radio hole they installed my Alpine, and then above that they put a little pocket that looked exactly like Ford put it there. The pocket is plastic just like the rest of the dash and it's black so it matches real well. You can either have the pocket installed above or below the stereo, what ever you prefer. The pocket is good for sunglasses, change, cd's, etc.

Hope that gives you some more options :)

SVTcobra04
05-28-2005, 11:59 PM
O..thnx for the info...its coming from the actual player not the speakers...and only when a cd is playing.

sssvtcobra
05-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I would suggest that you take it back to the dealer so they can replace or repair it, if you don't want to spend the money or deal with the hassle of installing an aftermarket stereo. They should not have a problem replacing it.

SVTcobra04
05-29-2005, 12:36 PM
as i thought about it its prbly best to just take it to the dealer since its under warranty.i remembered how much of a hassle it was to get an aftermarket put in my truck.