PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about Spot Free rinsing???

Dave B.
05-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Im sick and %$&@# tired of paying $6 buck for those little Mr Clean filters that go those spot free car wash things, It works well for two whole washes here in central Florida then the filter is trashed,

So I went and bught two of those canister type charcoal filter holders thinking that one may not do it,but two certanly would filter everything out, as it says on the filter that it gets out stuff down to 2 microns, but I still get spots even going through two high quality charcoal filters,

Any ideas folks? how many rinses do you get out of those MrClean filters? :bounce: :bounce:

blk04cobra1
05-31-2005, 08:52 AM
I just use the leaf blower to get most of the water off, then use a cotton/terrycloth towel...the leaf blower is amazing b/c it even gets water out of the cracks and what's left isnt enough to leave spots...

beerkat
05-31-2005, 10:41 AM
I agree that using blower and towels work great. have you try using Mr Clean with the other filters yhou have? Maybe you will get more than two uses out of it.

cobracrazy
05-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Ditto on the leaf blower. I thought I was the only one doing that trick. LOL
I use a natural material Shammy (sp?) for the left over.

KCCobra03
06-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Wish it was that simple, to just add two charcoal filters. Forget the filters and use a car washs spot free or do it w/shammy. The device to make spot free water cost $$$$$. Like mine was $4800.00, I own a car wash...The spots are caused from minerals so small that only a RO membrane can filter. For every gallon of Spot free you make, you can plan on wasting 1-2 gallons down the drain. Just a little FYI.
:starwars:

Dave B.
06-02-2005, 02:10 PM
No Sh*&