PDA

View Full Version : Hello form Alabama

cobrapace94
05-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Hi all, just a note from Montgomery Alabama.
As most know, my son plays baseball @ Central Missouri State University (CMSU). He got a scholarship there & is a true freshnam starting 2nd base for them. He is doing extremely well, both on the field & off. His 1st year he got 27 hours credit, not the most, but good for a student athlete playing a sport.
Now I'm gonna brag on him some more. He got freshman of the year, unanimous vote. Got 1st team all conferance, unamimous also. Got 1st team regional tournament team. He tied MIAA record & broke a school record for most triples in a game, 3 in 1 game. He was 2nd highest batting average on the team & 3rd highest in the conferance, ended the season with a .407!!! Led the conferance in triples, in the top 10 in batting average, doubles, steals, slugging % & hits. After the conferance tournament, regional tournament his average was .404, this is over 200 at bats. He was 2nd team all regoinal conferance team, gave 1st team to a senior.

CMSU qualified for the division II world series in Montogomery Alabama. They have won both games they have played. CMSU is ranked 1st in the country. In the WS they have played the 2nd & 3rd ranked teams in the country, they play teams by region, not ranking, just happens the top 4 ranked teams are in the same bracket. My son is starting 2nd base & has batted 3 for 8 so far in the tourny, not bad for facing the top pitchers in the nation in division II. Has had 10 balls hit to him & he has made no errors.
Me & the wife, Cathy are so very proud of him & his accomplishment, just had to share.
Darrell

97CasperCobra
05-31-2005, 02:30 PM
that's awesome Darrell....tell him congrats from the club. I want an autograph when he makes it to the big leagues... ;)

msmap
05-31-2005, 04:18 PM
:hello:

Way to go, Brian :thumbsup: Darrell, you and Cathy, enjoy the ride, too. You deserve it :)

RedCobra
05-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Firme
05-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Darrell,

Thanks for sharing the great news. That is something to be extremely proud of, and it shows you are very supportive parents. Congratulations and tell him we all say hi and keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

At this rate, he will be buying you a stable full of stangs when he get to the MLB :eek: :cool: