PDA

View Full Version : New Here with ?'s

BlueOvalPower
06-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone I am new just purchased an 03 Cobra with 4664 miles on it, been reading for a while on here as I have been looking I have some specific questions, I am looking for some sort of "proven" packages to do without having to "redo" if that is understandable, hopefully someone can direct me, what I am looking for is:

Cold air kit from the air filter to the plenum before the charger.

Programer

X or H pipe and cat back and if off road no cats or cats are a better option (from what I have read headers are a real PITA)

Under drive and charger pulley kit and if tensioner is needed

intercooler both parts ( air & liquid)

and anything else that may help match a good combination

I have always owned early 69-73 Mustang and other early Fords so I need a lot of help here LOL I appreciate it

Robert

Paratrooper82d
06-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I would suggest getting the Blower Ported, CAI, and exhaust

Big T
06-02-2005, 01:08 AM
these cars don't have underdrive pulley kits. I learned this after buying one. I have a 2.8 supercharger pulley with the auxillary idler kit( from rpm outlet) and the superchips tuner ( from modular madness). Most people will recommend a cold air kit without a bend before the mass air meter (JLT). I have the BBK kit. It looks nice but I had to cut it to straighten the air flow before the air meter . I was having some idle problems. I also have the bbk x pipe with high flow cats ( good) with the flowmaster american thunder system (did not fit well at all). I plan to get my supercharger ported soon. Hope this helps.

InfamousSVT
06-02-2005, 04:46 AM
Cold air kit from the air filter to the plenum before the charger.

Programer

X or H pipe and cat back and if off road no cats or cats are a better option (from what I have read headers are a real PITA)

Under drive and charger pulley kit and if tensioner is needed

intercooler both parts ( air & liquid)

CAI - JLT http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/Products.htm

Programmer (depends who's tuning the car) - SCT / Diablo

Exhaust - I recommend Bassani, but they are more expensive then most. I like the Bassani x-pipe cause you have the option to remove the cats or replace the cats. Plus they sound strong and nice and loud!:D

For Supercharger pulley - Billet Flow http://www.billetflow.com/supercharger_pulleys.htm

Intercooler Reservoir / Heat Exchanger - I recommend the Pfabrication intercooler reservoir http://www.pfabrication.com/product.html

Heat Exchanger - Gords, LFP, etc...... Gords seems to be the best out there, but if you want to save some money go LFP http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/catalog/productDetails.php?productID=1140
I went with the LFP heat exchanger and have had no regrets.

On a side note, but most important:D If you become a SCMC member you will receive discounts throughout all our vendors and with all these upgrades you plan to purchase could save yourself $$$$.

Well, welcome to the boards!

-Jason

aka Infamous

BlueOvalPower
06-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Really thank you for the replys and that is the direction I am looking for and have visited most of those places, I started to look on how to become a member yesterday and got distracted I will look further, I have no problem at all supporting a site that is of helpfulness, and hopefully I will be able to return the help in time too!

Robert

InfamousSVT
06-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Glad we could help you out.:)

BlueOvalPower
06-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Okay this is what I am putting together:
Diablo Predator
BillitFlow pulley (I still have not determined what is best for me as in which kit)
Off Road pipe what is say the next best to the Bassini the best price I can find is $650 would like to get in around the $400 range if able to
Not sure on the cat back need to look in the sounds (there are quite a few Cobras at the car show on Sat so I will check that out)
I like the PF and Lightning setup so I will go with that
As for the CAI & TB/plenum I am not sure seems like a lot of different good choices
I do not understand about finding a "tuner" I see a lot of reference to that, is that being redundant to getting the Diablo?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to sort this out and do it once without breaking anything or little as possible :D

Thank you Robert

PS I did become a member thank you

spitfire
06-03-2005, 03:49 PM
:doubt: these cars don't have underdrive pulley kits. I learned this after buying one. I have a 2.8 supercharger pulley with the auxillary idler kit( from rpm outlet) and the superchips tuner ( from modular madness). Most people will recommend a cold air kit without a bend before the mass air meter (JLT). I have the BBK kit. It looks nice but I had to cut it to straighten the air flow before the air meter . I was having some idle problems. I also have the bbk x pipe with high flow cats ( good) with the flowmaster american thunder system (did not fit well at all). I plan to get my supercharger ported soon. Hope this helps.:doubt: No under drive pulleys? Well if you go to RPM outlet and get the complete cog pulley system, crank pulley is allot bigger, which will spin the S/C allot faster. I bought the whole setup for my car, along with the 2.8" S/C Pulley. this alone raised my HP 10 at the wheels, but my torque went from 480 up to 543ftlb at the wheels.

I will send you an e-mail list of all my mods, so maybe it will help you in your desicions.
:thumbsup:

SVTcobra04
06-03-2005, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=
I do not understand about finding a "tuner" I see a lot of reference to that, is that being redundant to getting the Diablo?
[/QUOTE]

well as you know when you put a smaller pulley or anything that the cars computer cant compensate for you need to change computer settings for car.You can tune the car yourself with the tuner(predator,diablo i think there all pretty much the same.anyone wanna chime in on this?)To properly tune the car and protect it(all cars are different and need a slightly different tune) you need to put it on a dyno and then you or someone with alot of expeirence and know-how tune it either with tuner or new chip.if u choose to dyno it and have it tuned by someone make shore there good at it and have done many before:thumbsup: something like a CAI and cat-back dont need a tune, the computer can compensate for it but something like a pulley you deffinently need a tune.Also you can pick up a few horses from a tune not just the pulley and other upgrades.hope this is what you were unclear on and you understand a better now.if im wrong bout something someone jump in.
Goodluck with your modding :thumbsup:

Big T
06-03-2005, 11:13 PM
:doubt: :doubt: No under drive pulleys? Well if you go to RPM outlet and get the complete cog pulley system, crank pulley is allot bigger, which will spin the S/C allot faster. I bought the whole setup for my car, along with the 2.8" S/C Pulley. this alone raised my HP 10 at the wheels, but my torque went from 480 up to 543ftlb at the wheels.

I will send you an e-mail list of all my mods, so maybe it will help you in your desicions.
:thumbsup:
I was referring to the underdrive pulleys that you would purchase for let's say a GT. the 3 piece kit for the water pump etc.. Not the lower pulley kit for the supercharger. I wanted to let you know that I wound up cutting the end of my BBK set up so my bend before the maf is gone. Runs alot smoother. I got a polished heat shield and it's looking good. Just got around to it from about 2 mos ago when I first saw your engine pic. Thanks for the info. By the way, what pound lower pulley did you get and did you install it yourself?

spitfire
06-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I was referring to the underdrive pulleys that you would purchase for let's say a GT. the 3 piece kit for the water pump etc.. Not the lower pulley kit for the supercharger. I wanted to let you know that I wound up cutting the end of my BBK set up so my bend before the maf is gone. Runs alot smoother. I got a polished heat shield and it's looking good. Just got around to it from about 2 mos ago when I first saw your engine pic. Thanks for the info. By the way, what pound lower pulley did you get and did you install it yourself?Thanks for the compliment. I do not know what the pounds is of the lower pulley, but Slaters installed it for me. I am now getting 16 to 17psi boost. I added a seperate Boost gage to make sure. Can you send me a picture of your BBK modifacation. I have just bought a new Cold air intake with a polished cover, to replace my black plastic one with the K&N filter.

I am considering injecting Methane and water mixture from www_snowperformance_net_proddetail_asp_prod=auto022.pdf See what you think! :thumbsup: