PDA

View Full Version : another thread on catbacks.....

SVTcobra04
06-02-2005, 05:33 PM
ive narrowed it down to bassani or SLP...... any comments on em or how they sound?the sound clips arent always that accurate.thnx

sssvtcobra
06-02-2005, 05:54 PM
SVTCobra04,

I have had both, and still have the SLP Loudmouth II's. I liked the Bassani but I have to say that I like the sound of the SLP better. I do have the Bassani O/R X-pipe on it also. There is a sound difference between the two. Although the Bassani is loud, the SLP is louder. I first went with the Loudmouth's but they were too loud. The SLP has more of the popping rumble sound to it, than the Bassani does IMHO. You won't be dissapointed with either. If you don't want LOUD then you don't want the Loudmouth's, maybe the Loudmouth II's. But I think the Bassani was quieter than both of them.

Firme
06-02-2005, 06:01 PM
I would seriously try to listen to them in person.

SVTcobra04
06-02-2005, 09:24 PM
SVTCobra04,

I have had both, and still have the SLP Loudmouth II's. I liked the Bassani but I have to say that I like the sound of the SLP better. I do have the Bassani O/R X-pipe on it also. There is a sound difference between the two. Although the Bassani is loud, the SLP is louder. I first went with the Loudmouth's but they were too loud. The SLP has more of the popping rumble sound to it, than the Bassani does IMHO. You won't be dissapointed with either. If you don't want LOUD then you don't want the Loudmouth's, maybe the Loudmouth II's. But I think the Bassani was quieter than both of them.
is the SLP alot deeper then bassani?which do u think u got the most power from?can u feel a power difference with a cat-back?

InfamousSVT
06-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I would personally go with Bassani, cause that's what I have and I love the sound of it!

But I agree %100 with Firme............you must listen to it in person to really get a true feel for what it'll sound like!
That's what I did and so now I've got Bassani!:thumbsup:

sssvtcobra
06-03-2005, 01:33 AM
I agree with Firme and InfamousSVT, you do want to listen to all different set-ups if you can. I think the SLP is about the same as the Bassani in wether or not it's any deeper sounding. It might be a slight deeper, but pretty much the same. The SLP just had more of the rumble and popping sound which I like, more than the Bassani.

I couln't tell a difference from sotp feel between the two. But I did feel a difference once I put the x-pipe and catback on. It definately helped her breathe alot better.

I put both on at the same time, so I don't know if you would feel a difference with just a catback on. I would imagine that you would. Just getting rid of those mufflers, and 2 1/4" non mandrel bent pipes has got to help, with or without stock H-pipe.

Hope this helps

blk04cobra1
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
this will give you a good idea of what a Bassani c/b with the Bassani o/r x-pipe sounds like...but just ignore the obnoxious whine ;)

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/members/ttennant/blk04cobra1.wmv

SVTcobra04
06-03-2005, 09:38 AM
nice....whats up with that whine...thats a different whine then SC it sounds like.

FearTheSnake
06-03-2005, 10:59 AM
ive narrowed it down to bassani or SLP...... any comments on em or how they sound?the sound clips arent always that accurate.thnx
I have the Bassani X-Pipe with MagnaFlow catbacks. From my ears, I believe the Magnaflows are in between(noise levels)of the Bassani & SLP as far as popping & deep rumble.

Just depends on how loud you want to talk when carrying on a conversation while driving.:D They all sound good to me!

spitfire
06-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I have Bassani X-pipe with Borla cat back.

I really like the Idea that Bassani comes with both high flow cats, and a bypass tube to remove the cats. Would not recommend taking the car on the street without cats though, I have already paid a ticket that was $120.00 for doing that. But the sound is great. I currently have the cats installed, but I plan on taking it off for any future racing events! I can e-mail a video with sound if you like.
Chuck :thumbsup:

Big T
06-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I kind of like the whine. Is that the type of belt doing that?

blk04cobra1
06-06-2005, 09:48 AM
it's the Cog pulley setup that's making the whine...it's caused by extra air flow through the system...you can check it out over on RPMoutlet.com.

OBI ONE
06-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I heard the Bassani and I really liked them. I have heard the Loudmouth on a F-body and way to loud. I could hear his exhaust over mine inside my car while driving with the radio on. He would drown me out. Too loud for me. I will be going with Bassani.

cobra330
06-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Magnaflow with Magnapacs..you better hear it before you purchase the others...and personally I say hear them all first...cause if I would have..I may have gone Borla Stingers.

I had alot of compliments on mine this past weekend...and alot of people going deaf when I stepped on it..thier comments...followed by a huge smile on my face! My Cobra..is heard...first exhaust then blower whine..then you seee a yellow blur as I just blew right past u!