PDA

View Full Version : Are you supposed to get stuff when....

sssvtcobra
06-02-2005, 06:03 PM
You buy or lease a new SVT vehicle? I heard from somebody here in my hometown that bought a new '03 Cobra that he got a free membership to SVTOA for one year when he bought his '03. He also said that he got a free book with the history of SVT and their vehicles (I think I've seen something like that on ebay for $20). He also said that he gets a free monthly magazine that has to do with SVT, SVTOA, and Ford Racing. He also said that he got a hat, some hat pins, and some kind of sticker or window decal. I've owned my '04 now for almost 6 months and have not received anything like that.

Am I missing out? Do any of you know what this guy is talking about? Did you receive any of the free stuff that he got?

Thanks,
Jeff

P.S.-I'm trying to recruit him, and the guy that bought my '01 :thumbsup:

RF Cobra
06-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah, you are supposed to get 1 year free membership and the magazines are part of the membership. I think the other freebies vary. If you are the original owner, the dealership may have done some, well let's just call it creative inventory, which makes it look to Ford like the car has been sold when it really hasn't in order to make the books look better. Also, if it was originally delivered to another dealership and then was transferred to the dealership you bought it from, that can cause a problem too.

So you may need to call SVT and have them help you get it straightened out.

sssvtcobra
06-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Thanks RF Cobra.

I will be calling SVT in the morning, and asking what's up.

The guy that I talked to said he didn't know about all this stuff, but that it just started coming to him in the mail. The book, magazines, hats, hat pins, etc. I realized what book it was. It's the book by Jim Campisano.

I want free stuff :D

RF Cobra
06-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Wow! I didn't get the book. I think they must change what the send every so often. I got decals, hat, keychain, a pin too I think along with the magazine subscription. My problem is we have too much stuff in the house and are currently trying to throw out a lot of it.

sssvtcobra
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Well I called SVTOA and they said I wasn't even in the system :eek: So they are working on it now. I hope they don't start my membership on my purchase date, that was 6 moths ago. When I bought my '01 my stepfather got all my stuff in his name for some reason. I think it's because originally the dealership thought he was buying the car. He worked there at the time so the '94 GT that I traded in had all the service records under his name, because of the family discount.

We'll see what happens.

RF Cobra
06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Membership will start on the date they get it processed and setup. I bought my Cobra in June of 04 and my membership in the SVTOA started in July.

Typically in order to get the D plan discount he would have had to put the car in his name when he bought it. Otherwise they would probably charge X plan rate which would have cost him approx. $2k more.

sssvtcobra
06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
I got the D-plan price for the '04. And the car is in my name. We just needed to get his permission for me to use one of his "two" D-plan purchases. But I think somehow when I bought the '01-used. They thought it was my stepfather buying the car. I remember them asking me who this person was. I told them it's my stepfather, (he works here). So I think that's why he got all the stuff from SVTOA and Team Ford Racing.

RF Cobra
06-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah, they would have sent it to him since the dealership put it in his name. Nice of them to do the deal that way. I know some of them will, but a lot of them can be hard nosed about it. There is a dealership down where my mother lives (which they have never bought anything from) and they told her they would give her the D plan as long my wife gave them her Ford ID number which I thought was pretty generous of them.

sssvtcobra
06-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah that is what we had to do with the '04. We had to go back to the body shop and get his permission to retreive his ID number and to use one of his purchases for the year. Pretty good deal doing it that way!! Especially what the price was when it first arrived at the dealership.

wvmystichrome
06-12-2005, 02:12 AM
I did not get the book either. I got the rest of what everyone was talking about but not the book. Everyone else I've seen has the "Born on date" but I did not get that with mine. Got all the other info including the certificate and Mystichrome letter. Do you have to call SVT to get the "Born on Date?" My package from SVTOA was opened when I got it. Post Master gave me a couple of hat pins and then my membership pack about 2 weeks later. Still do not know if I got everything from them or not.

cobrabitn
06-12-2005, 11:04 AM
That book was for 2003 owners not 2004 owners. I got everything when I got my Mystichrome except for the book. Maybe you can buy one from an 03 owner?? :doubt:

nckissfan
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
that is a great book. I think that all 03 SVT vehicles came with them. The book has all the vehicles in it, the Contour, Focus, Lightning, even some wishful thinking cars. The SVT Ranger that never happened. The 2000 Cobra, with gold color shifting paint, that never happened. There are some interesting things in there. All the build numbers are in the back.

RF Cobra
06-12-2005, 02:46 PM
That book was for 2003 owners not 2004 owners. I got everything when I got my Mystichrome except for the book. Maybe you can buy one from an 03 owner?? :doubt:

You can probably find one on ebay. I'm sure they would probably stick it to you on the price though. :spoke:

spitfire
06-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I have the 03 cobra, and I got the membership and the Book, it is a hard back book. I use for the car shows. In order to get your build number you have to call the 1800 number, not sure if I remimber the number something like svt ford or soemthing like that, just go to ford web site and search svt it will come up. Have your vin number ready. also you can request your ownership certifacate, but you will have to fax them your current registration papers. :thumbsup:

sssvtcobra
06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
wvmystichrome-

If you call 1-800-ford-svt, and let them know that your certificate did not come with the "born on date" then they will send you another one with it. Mine did not have everything on there and they sent me another certificate with all the info.

I have been looking on ebay. I found one in the completed auctions, but there wasn't one up currently. I think it went for like $20 plus shipping. Not bad I don't think.

AustinSVT
06-15-2005, 06:49 AM
2004 Owners got the book too (or at least myself and 4 others I know of here locally did) :thumbsup: