PDA

View Full Version : Autobahn Joliet Country Club - AV8SS Race

Andy M
06-03-2005, 07:48 AM
All,

As some of you know, myself, Joe Johnson and 18 other Cobra R owners (all model years represented) made the trek to the Chicago-land area two weekends ago for the SVTOA event. We had the largest ever gathering of Cobra R's with 20 in attendance (13 2000 models, 6 95 models, and 1 93 model).

This was a 3 day event, which culminated with an American V8 Supercar Series (AV8SS) race on Sunday. Joe and I (along with 2 other 2000 R owners) ran the race along with other 16 entrants, most of them with stripped down Mustang race cars.

This was by far the most fun I have ever had with my car since I purchased it 4 years ago. Although I was forced to start at the back of the grid because I did not have a transponder to qualify with; I quickly passed a few cars to catch up with my buddy Joe Johnson who qualified around 14th. It was then a race between myself and Joe. I have some wonderful in car video (which I will post at some point when I have a chance to download it) of my riding Joe's bumper. I got so close a couple of times, you could almost smell the fumes through the video!! :eek:

Anyway, just wanted to share the experience. We had a blast!! Autobahn is a VERY nice facility in case any of you track dawgs ever get a chance to make the trip there. It is 1100 miles from Houston though. :(

msmap
06-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Wow, Andy, sounds like you and Joe had way too much fun, way to go :thumbsup:

Levi
06-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Looks like you and Joe had some fun, peeps on SVTP posted some pics. :thumbsup:
Autobahn (http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/album.jsp?pg=0)