PDA

View Full Version : Heel & Toe downshift

NYS03cobra
06-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Hello everyone, nubbie here from Syracuse NY. Owner of an '03 Cobra, Torch Red Convertable. Attend trackevents and trying to learn the routine of heel & toe downshift, problem with the stock brake & throttle setup, its virtually imposible. Anyone know if there is a kit made or modifications needed to move the pedals so the heel/toe can be accomplished. Thanks

Hazman
06-05-2005, 11:33 PM
These guys make a modified accelerator pedal that is adjustable. I have one on my '97 and I love it.

http://www.hyperperformancemotorsports.com/

Ask for Dave Diehl

secondchance
06-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks Hasman! I have been looking for something like this after catching air too many times. :thumbsup:

spitfire
06-08-2005, 07:26 PM
I raised my throttle the cheap man's way, I installed a piece of rubber tubing and held into place with two 1/4" hose clamps. Raised it up perfectly off the floor for me. Also allows me to hit full throtle, without hitting the carpet floor.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

jjraiser
06-16-2005, 08:24 AM
I pulled out the throttle pedal (two nuts on the firewall, not too tough to get out). Once out, you can make an aluminum plate to not only raise the face of the pedal, but you can add a half-inch or more to the width to give yourself more meat to mash with your foot. It worked great on my 2000 GT and on my 2003 Cobra. You can even shim it to various heights.

Just use flat head and recessed sheetmetal screws right into the plastic to attach your aluminum plate. Don't forget to curve your plate to match the curve of the pedal. I had a BKK kit that did the same, so I knew the fasteners would be fine; and it has been for years.

Any questions, let me know.

PS: There's a Steeda kit to adjust your clutch pedal and clutch linkage. Very helpful too in better shifts. Of course, nothing to do with your heel-toe technique.

Mystic_Cobra
06-16-2005, 09:45 AM
You can also try adding a set of pedal covers. I got mine from Sullivan Racing, but I'm not sure if they are still around. Don't bother with the bullit kit. Mine screw right on top of my existing pedals and made it much easier to heel-toe. I couldn't at all before.