PDA

View Full Version : Lv Dyno Day

OBI ONE
06-05-2005, 10:23 PM
I went today and dyno'd the Cobra. I found out some information about some stuff I need to change to pull more power out of her. I layed down 450 RWHP:D , and 475 RWTQ:thumbsup: . This is at 0920 today with a temp of 89 degrees and 14% humidity. I found out that flowmasters hurt the Cobra for hp. They are too restrictive, and to go with Bassani or Dynomax. I will be taking the cats off and I took the Predator tune off her. The tune was making her run lean, as they told me,"dangerously lean". I will be going next sunday to have it retuned with all corrections and see what I can pull. I also need to get a CAI and they told me I should be able to put down almost another 20hp with the new exhaust, no cats, CAI and a good tune. Once I hit 500RWHP I will be happy, for a little bit.

blk04cobra1
06-06-2005, 09:52 AM
You should easily pick 20rwhp with a new intake, catback, and tune...that's the good thing about custom tunes b/c they can make sure your A/F ratio is "safe"...I would personally go with the Bassani's (c/b) and the JLT intake...good luck and you wont see 500rwhp unless you port the blower :thumbsup: (or put a small shot of N20 ;) )

OBI ONE
06-06-2005, 07:56 PM
I do not want NOS, and I will wait on the porting. I am going to swap out every thing and tune heck out it. We are going to try to put as close to 500RWHP as we can. I will keep my runs posted and the changes that are made.

InfamousSVT
06-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Sounds like you are heading in the right direction.:thumbsup:

You will get close to 500rwhp, but don't expect to get there unless you're running race gas. More than likely with an aggresive tune you will be around 480 - 490rwhp if you're lucky...........I haven't seen a Cobra yet that put down over 500rwhp without the blower being ported or a little gas.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results!:)

spitfire
06-08-2005, 07:33 PM
You should easily pick 20rwhp with a new intake, catback, and tune...that's the good thing about custom tunes b/c they can make sure your A/F ratio is "safe"...I would personally go with the Bassani's (c/b) and the JLT intake...good luck and you wont see 500rwhp unless you port the blower :thumbsup: (or put a small shot of N20 ;) )
:doubt: I am 485RWHP and 542Ftlb Torque at the wheels. I am pushing about 16psi, with a factory Eaton, not ported! I do have the complete cog Pulley system from RPM outlet, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, and Borla cat back. I also have the CAI with K/N and the upgraded Maf sensor. I have it all tuned at Slaters.

I am hoping to get over 500RWHP by injecting with Methanol and water. But waiting for funds, since this system is over $400.00 and will have to be tuned again so that will be about another $200.00

:thumbsup:

svt2004cobra
06-08-2005, 11:37 PM
:doubt: I am 485RWHP and 542Ftlb Torque at the wheels. I am pushing about 16psi, with a factory Eaton, not ported! I do have the complete cog Pulley system from RPM outlet, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, and Borla cat back. I also have the CAI with K/N and the upgraded Maf sensor. I have it all tuned at Slaters.

I am hoping to get over 500RWHP by injecting with Methanol and water. But waiting for funds, since this system is over $400.00 and will have to be tuned again so that will be about another $200.00

:thumbsup:.....

hey SPITFIRE what all do you have in your cobra to get 485rwhp & 542tq

blk04cobra1
06-09-2005, 09:46 AM
that's almost exactly what I put down with that same system...480/535...how's it holding up for you?

spitfire
06-10-2005, 10:00 AM
that's almost exactly what I put down with that same system...480/535...how's it holding up for you?It's doing great. I do not drive my car much, currently has 10,000 miles, and since I now have a trailer, it will not get much more.
The Cog pulley system was very load at first, but it is not so loud now. I am considering installing the water Methane injection, to help bring the HP over 500. I am not going to upgrade the blower, unless the original breaks or something. :thumbsup:

VegasPackerFan
06-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I do not want NOS, and I will wait on the porting. I am going to swap out every thing and tune heck out it. We are going to try to put as close to 500RWHP as we can. I will keep my runs posted and the changes that are made.I don't want NOS on my car either but it sure sounds like fun.

I am putitng down 453 and 463. With a SLP midpipe and catback, a 2.8, mac CAI and a tune from dyno dan. I have another tune in the program for 100+ oct but no pulls with that tune..yet.

This is my only ride and I put about 1500 miles a mth on my car. My dyno sheet is in my sig.