PDA

View Full Version : Need help

John Chingasos
06-07-2005, 10:13 AM
I wrecked my honda civic the other day and really messed up my passenger side headlight assembly. I replaced the headlight assembly with a knock off that I bought from a junkyard. Needless to say, I was able to install the new headlight assembly in my civic and the lights and turn signals work EXCEPT for the fact that when the lights are on, the passenger side turn signal will not turn off. I dont know what to do.

Firme
06-07-2005, 10:43 AM
I wrecked my honda civic the other day and really messed up my passenger side headlight assembly. I replaced the headlight assembly with a knock off that I bought from a junkyard. Needless to say, I was able to install the new headlight assembly in my civic and the lights and turn signals work EXCEPT for the fact that when the lights are on, the passenger side turn signal will not turn off. I dont know what to do.

make all right turns :thumbsup:

:rotf:

but seriously, it sound like you have a short, did any of the wires get the shielding cut in the wreck? It sounds like some wires are touching or grounding. But then again I might be way off base here.

(I hope you are ok dude, but if the light assembly is the only thing messed up, hopefully the impact was minimal to not cause you any harm)

93KingCobra
06-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a short to me..

Are you alright.. did it mess it up bad or what..?

cobrapace94
06-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Check the bulb & make sure it is not burned out.

Hope you are OK John.
At least it was not the Cobra or Mach!!!

John Chingasos
06-07-2005, 03:35 PM
I am ok guys

To make a long story short, I basically backed into it with my Expedition. I messed it up pretty bad but I was able to bend the hood back and most of the fender back into place. I destroyed the light assembly though.

bluethunder
06-07-2005, 06:36 PM
I am ok guys

To make a long story short, I basically backed into it with my Expedition. I messed it up pretty bad but I was able to bend the hood back and most of the fender back into place. I destroyed the light assembly though.

That sounds like a MexiCAN!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

make all right turns :thumbsup:

:rotf:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are...

John, you have a short somewhere Take a meter and check it. Give it direct power and see if it works in the first place though.

John Chingasos
06-07-2005, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=bluethunder]That sounds like a MexiCAN!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its MessyCan ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

bluethunder
06-08-2005, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=bluethunder]That sounds like a MexiCAN!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its MessyCan ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:rolleyes: