PDA

View Full Version : Mooresville Ford Show

FearTheSnake
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Good to meet some of you and see the Cobra's on Saturday. For those who were there, have a couple of questions:

1) what did you think of the Saleen Mustang in the showroom floor? $47K:eek: seemed a little steep. Apparently, Saleen doesn't like the rear of the new 05 Mustang. It looked completely different. Think I would wait on a new Cobra.

2) Zaino Cleaning products? Anyone on here used them before? How did you like the results?

tango7
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I had a 01 gt that is the only polish I used on it. It leaves no white resdiue or haze marks. You can put it on the molding, easy to put on easy to come off. It will show any imperfections in the paint. It lasts a long time...

Cobra4me
06-07-2005, 09:19 PM
the saleen was nice but if you are going to spend 47k then wait on the cobra and get more ponies

ssnaked98
06-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi from a brand new member!!!! I went to Mooresville just to join SCMC!! I had a blast!! I was so impressed with all your cars!! I have a 98 cobra that is nearly stock, but look out =) it won't be for long!! -Julie Montilla Raleigh, NC

nckissfan
06-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Zaino's, in my opinion(and a lot of other SCMC members), is the best!! Do yourself a favor, and get some of their products.

cobrabitn
06-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey Julie! Glad you joined our club. :) We were glad you came to the show and got to meet a bunch of the folk in the Carolinas. Stay tuned for more action in the Raleigh and Charlotte areas. Hope to see you at the Parkway Ford show. :thumbsup:

Dave I highly recommend Zaino. You can buy some from Steve Treece, the rep who was at the Zaino tent. His e-mail address is cashine@juno.com.

Thanks,

Tony

Cobra4me
06-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi from a brand new member!!!! I went to Mooresville just to join SCMC!! I had a blast!! I was so impressed with all your cars!! I have a 98 cobra that is nearly stock, but look out =) it won't be for long!! -Julie Montilla Raleigh, NC Well welcome to the club!!

FearTheSnake
06-09-2005, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=cobrabitn]Hey Julie! Glad you joined our club. :) We were glad you came to the show and got to meet a bunch of the folk in the Carolinas. Stay tuned for more action in the Raleigh and Charlotte areas. Hope to see you at the Parkway Ford show. :thumbsup:

Dave I highly recommend Zaino. You can buy some from Steve Treece, the rep who was at the Zaino tent. His e-mail address is cashine@juno.com.

Thanks,

I spoke with Steve for a few mins. He said my paint was in good shape(very smooth). So I don't know what I need then? Did you use the ClayBar on yours? I understand it's a 3-4 step process if you go to that detail. I'm not sure what would be best for my paint.

I was thinking of just purchasing the Basic Kit w/o the ClayBar?

DS

nckissfan
06-09-2005, 03:16 PM
all cars whether new, or old should be clay barred every so often. The cars are delivered by rail, which throws little fine particles of metal dust in the air, which sticks to the cars. This can damage your paint. The clay bar will pull all that junk off the surface of the car. I would suggest doing it. I think they have a detail kit, that has almost everything you need. It is worth the money.

cobrabitn
06-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Dave,

I agree with Mike...clay the car and get the embedded dirt out. My 94 Pace car looked better then ever at the show because Steve put some new Zaino products on it. That car was clayed last year and stays covered up all the time. I'll probably clay the Mystichrome sometime this year but my daily driver Cobra needs it worse then any of them so it's first on my list. We'll probably set up a detail day sometime soon....

Tony

FearTheSnake
06-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Dave,

I agree with Mike...clay the car and get the embedded dirt out. My 94 Pace car looked better then ever at the show because Steve put some new Zaino products on it. That car was clayed last year and stays covered up all the time. I'll probably clay the Mystichrome sometime this year but my daily driver Cobra needs it worse then any of them so it's first on my list. We'll probably set up a detail day sometime soon....

Tony
It's on my to do list this summer. Clay the car!:)