View Full Version : probly a stupid sounding question

06-09-2005, 08:31 PM
well im going to put on either a bassani or SLP catback and maybe an X-pipe with it,do most muffler shops carrie these or can order em or can i fit em in cobra.how do i go about gettin these put on?

06-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I would just purchase it from one of the SCMC vendors (with discount for members) and install it yourself and save on the labor charge from a shop!
The cat-back will be much easier to install then the X-pipe, but if you don't have access to a lift or some jack-stands, I'd take it to a shop to install. They shouldn't charge too much since it's just a matter of unbolting the stock unit and bolting up the aftermarket ones!

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

06-09-2005, 10:00 PM
I doubt your local Meineke would have them but a local speed shop probably would. Putting on your system is a no brainer. You can go to the tech section of the SCMC website and read how to install the Bassani system and it pretty much works that way for every exhaust system.

Give yourself a good 4 hours in the driveway and you can do it yourself. If all else fails, buy the system and then take it to someone to install for you. Do not a pay a premium price by buying it through a chain exhaust shop. You got a ton of people on this board, I'm sure we can help you with any problem you may have........

Good luck!

06-09-2005, 10:10 PM
The SCMC vendors are for members only........since you are in the market for an exhaust, why not join the club and save yourself some money? Membership is only $20 for a year and with the purchase of your new exhaust you will have saved that much right there!

Just something to think about.......:)

06-11-2005, 12:26 PM
If you get an x-pipe without cats, and depending on what state you live in, some shops may refuse to install it since they are removing the factory cats.... That dang federal law states catalytic converters cannot be replaced unless they are found to be defective (clogged or damaged) and the exact equipment must be installed specified by the vehicle manufacturer.... That does not mean that you cannot do it yourself. If you live in a state that does emmisions testing, keep the old h-pipe with cats and put it back in when inspection time comes around. :thumbsup: