PDA

View Full Version : How do I install a fuel pressure gauge?

venomous
06-11-2005, 04:03 PM
How do you install a fuel pressure gauge and what tools, parts will I be needing. Gauge will be installed inside. Thanks!

tango7
06-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Will you be using a mech. or elect. gauge.

venomous
06-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Mechanical

tango7
06-12-2005, 10:45 AM
If you are installing a mechanical fuel gauge in the car you will need an isolator. Autometer pn# ATM5282.You will have to purchase a stainless hose from autometer also or go to a place that makes hoses and have one made up the length you need. It should be # 4 hose. You will have to get a number 4 fitting to install at the schrader valve on the fuel rail. You will have to remove the schrader valve. Hope this helps. All the parts you need can be purchased from summit.

venomous
06-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks! So I will need the 4' length of hose and the isolator? I've heard many people having problems with the isolator and just running the line straight into their car? How dangerous would that be? isolator is double what I paid for gauge.

tango7
06-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes you will need the #4 hose and isolator. If you do not use the isolator then if a hole got rubbed in the fuel hose it would leak into the car. The hose fits in the engine bay and connects to the isolator which goes inside the car to the gauge.

venomous
06-12-2005, 06:51 PM
I plan on using the stain less braided lines and running the line through an existing hole. Reckon I could wear a hole in the Stainless line?

tango7
06-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Just keep it off the sharp edges of the metal as it passes through the body of the car.. Should not have a problem. If something would ever go wrong with the gauge then you would still have fuel inside the car.

5oh
06-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Just keep it off the sharp edges of the metal as it passes through the body of the car.. Should not have a problem. If something would ever go wrong with the gauge then you would still have fuel inside the car.A LOT OF FUEL!!!! Don't risk it. Mount the gouge on the cowl outside the car or spend the extra cash on the isolator.

FIRE = BAD ;)

venomous
06-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Line and isolator ordered today! Also picked up some copper line for my boost gauge! :bounce: