PDA

View Full Version : Block difference

tango7
06-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I was looking on another site and saw a thread about the different blocks in 01 cobras one was teksid I think and the other was warp block anyone know about this.The teksid was supposed to be stronger and the valley had square machined and the warp had diamond machined in the middle of the block.

NO 5 OH
06-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I was looking on another site and saw a thread about the different blocks in 01 cobras one was teksid I think and the other was warp block anyone know about this.The teksid was supposed to be stronger and the valley had square machined and the warp had diamond machined in the middle of the block.

James,

Here is what I know/remember on the 99/01 aluminum blocks so I'll share the info. Just don't take it as the gospel though ;)

All 96-98 Cobra blocks... and the earlier aluminum 4 valve blocks in the Mark VIII's were manufactured by Teksid overseas. Some of the early 99 blocks were made by Teksid as well... but I believe that was to use up what was left over from the 96-98 cars. Ford decided that for the 99-01 cars they would make the aluminum blocks in-house... at WAP (Windsor Assembly Plant). Your 01 Cobra would have one of the blocks assembled at WAP.

The Teksid blocks are much stronger than the WAP blocks... I've read a time or two that these blocks can support over 900 at the wheels without any detrimental effects in racing applications. There is also a way to tell the blocks appart by the part numbers cast in... but that info is in a book that my friend Richard has and I don't have access to it at the moment.

HTH,

Shannon

tango7
06-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Shannon thanks, the guy at svtperformance site also said that you could tell by the ribbs in the intake valley. If it is the teksid block it will have square patterns in the middle of the intake and if it is the wap it will have diamond pattern. I checked my valley and I have the square patterns. If this is true maybe my block is a better block than the wap. I am not sure how reliable the source of that info is.