PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the Cobra. Got some questions.

NewFoundPower
06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Well since I am getting ready for some new rubber for the car, I figured I would go ahead and buy some new springs for it as well. Since it is a daily driver and I am not planning on putting it on the track for awhile yet, I was wondering if I need to buy the caster/camber plates too or can I just buy the springs. Thanks.

-D-

Paratrooper82d
06-13-2005, 02:18 PM
You could just buy the springs. Depends on how low you go, the lower you go the farther out the alignment will be off. I run H & R springs on mine without the camber caster plates. Have been for about 3 months. It does react and sound a little different at high speeds (Over 90 mph) becuase of the angle of the tires. But I rotated them last week and noticed it wearing on the inside line of the tire, not real bad, but noticable. Hope this helps.

blk04cobra1
06-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I would also look in to the IRS bushings while doing the springs, since you're gonna be down there already :D ...also, the H&R's give a very nice drop and ride quality, but I probably wouldnt have them for a daily driver...I heard the Eibach's sit up just a bit more...or you could go with full coil-overs and be able to adjust them however you want...good luck :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
06-13-2005, 05:43 PM
No matter what you do or what combo you get you need Camber/Caster plates..To get the most out of a daily driver cobra you need the plates. Not unless you like buying tires all the time.. I like the H&R's IMO but they do sit a little low...

InfamousSVT
06-13-2005, 08:38 PM
I've got the H&R's on mine along with the MM C/C plates. If you go with the H&R super sports get the urethane isolators to give you an extra .25" which doesn't seem like much but you will be better off doing it. I had the H&R's on mine without the urethane isolators for a while and I just purchased some for the rear of mine.
I love the stance and the ride IMO.

Just don't go 55mph over any speed bumps and you'll be fine!:D

Good luck!

Dave B.
06-13-2005, 08:55 PM
No matter what you do or what combo you get you need Camber/Caster plates..To get the most out of a daily driver cobra you need the plates. Not unless you like buying tires all the time.. I like the H&R's IMO but they do sit a little low...

Man I thought the fat chic part was great

93KingCobra
06-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Man I thought the fat chic part was great

:thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
06-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys! I am going with Kenny Brown parts and found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7962647230&category=33581&sspagename=WD1V (I already have the aluminum bushings).Good price? I have no idea how much they should cost. Appreciate it.

-D-

InfamousSVT
06-13-2005, 09:28 PM
That's a great price.............but I vote for the MM plates!!:thumbsup:

93KingCobra
06-13-2005, 11:16 PM
IMO you should go with the Maximum motorsports CC plates they are around $200 and they are alot better since they are a 4 bolt postion..

www.maximummotorsports.com

Cobra4me
06-14-2005, 05:18 AM
I have Eibach on mine and love the ride. I decided to buy the mm cc plates for alignment reasons. At first I tried Intrax too low and a lousy ride.I think either H&R or Eibach you wont go wrong. but I would buy the plates

blk04cobra1
06-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys! I am going with Kenny Brown parts and found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7962647230&category=33581&sspagename=WD1V (I already have the aluminum bushings).Good price? I have no idea how much they should cost. Appreciate it.

-D-
It's funny, they show a pic of the Extreme Matrix braces for the caster plates? But that is a good price

ProfChaos
08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
It's funny, they show a pic of the Extreme Matrix braces for the caster plates? But that is a good price

I wondered what the heck that was all about.
:D

cheers,
Professor Chaos