PDA

View Full Version : Additional Bracing for Cobra R bumper!

2001REDCOBRA
06-17-2005, 12:16 PM
In continuing research; I downloaded the installation instructions for the Cobra R bumper from Ford Racing. It states in the installation instructions that if you are going to be riding faster than 90 MPH that additional support and bracing is required for the bumper to stay fastened on the car!!!! I call Ford Racing tech support and they realized the problem but they have at this time no braces or supports to fix this problem!!!! I find it hard to believe that Ford has not fixed this! With 300 Cobra R cars and countless other Mustangs with this bumper!!! Has anyone installed one of these bumpers and braced it and if so; what do you do to prevent damage when having some fun in our cars! Any input would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to worry about any damage if heaven forbid I go over 90 MPH! LOL! Thanx!:thumbsup:

dewone
06-24-2005, 08:26 AM
I would look at how they mounted the cobra R's. Then make something that works for you. It's most likely a couple gusets here and there.

bolt-on
07-02-2005, 11:56 AM
The Sean Hyland Motorsport catalog lists two kits. "SHM has designed and used a support structure for the Cobra R and Steeda front air dam/splitters which prevents them from bending at high speed, increasing their effectiveness. The kit includes a durable aluminum/plastic honeycomb plate and T6061 aluminum support rods which attach to the bumper rebar. All hardware included." Price is $295 for either kit. www.seanhylandmotorsport.com (http://) .

2001REDCOBRA
07-02-2005, 11:36 PM
The Sean Hyland Motorsport catalog lists two kits. "SHM has designed and used a support structure for the Cobra R and Steeda front air dam/splitters which prevents them from bending at high speed, increasing their effectiveness. The kit includes a durable aluminum/plastic honeycomb plate and T6061 aluminum support rods which attach to the bumper rebar. All hardware included." Price is $295 for either kit. www.seanhylandmotorsport.com (http:///) . Thanks for your answer! This just keeps getting more expensive to put this bumper on my car! At least I can put this on my car without worrying about what can happen when I go over 90! LOL!:thumbsup: