PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford in Bristol

Big Daddy
06-18-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm planning on going to the FFW in Bristol, TN on August 6th and 7th. I'm planning to drive up on Saturday morning and staying Saturday night. Anyone who is interested in participating please post here or contact me at goswell@charter.net. I hope we can get at least 10 Cobra's to attend this year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
06-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Six views and no replies???? Come on were are the East Tenn. folks? No one else is interested?? We have had a few Cobra's going the past couple of years and I was hoping to grow this event into at least 10 Cobra's this year. Let's get this together and have a good turnout! :thumbsup:

STANGBUM
06-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Greg, how the heck are ya?
Yes I will be going to Bristol and So will Dennis (34 Ford). We will be leaving on that Friday and spending Friday nite and Saturday nite. See ya there.... :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
06-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Greg, how the heck are ya?
Yes I will be going to Bristol and So will Dennis (34 Ford). We will be leaving on that Friday and spending Friday nite and Saturday nite. See ya there.... :thumbsup:

Doing great how's about you?? Glad to hear that you will be there! I haven't decided if I'll be staying over on Saturday night or not. I'm taking the family down to Myrtel the weekend before for Mustang Week at the Beach.

Drew and I just got back from the Hot Rod Power Tour and a week at Universal. So I've been gone for over two weeks. When is the next cruise in at Sonic?

34Ford
07-03-2005, 01:15 PM
And we are staying at the same hotel (Hampton Inn) in Johnson city again as we did last year. :)

Robbie '96
07-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Greg I think Patti and I are going trying to talk Burke into going to probably going to make it a day trip.

Robbie

Big Daddy
07-05-2005, 02:03 AM
It will be great to have you folks come up for the day. I haven't decided if I'm showing the car both days or not at Bristol. I will be going to Mustang Week in Myrtle the week before and I don't know if I'll be working the first week of August or not. Right now it looks like I'll be off! :bounce: :bounce: I will be at Fun Ford both days no matter what, they are having the finals from the Richmond FFW that got rained out.

STANGBUM
07-05-2005, 09:17 AM
And we are staying at the same hotel (Hampton Inn) in Johnson city again as we did last year. :)

Are you sure? :doubt:
You might want to check with Carol on that!!!! :confused:

wvmystichrome
07-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey_bigdaddy, I have been going to the Bristol FFW since it started except for 2001 when my daugther was born. I was thinking of taking my Mystichrome Cobra down to show it or as always take my 90 GT down and run it. Are you showing your Cobra or running it. I have been trying to get Bill Alexander to move it back to May again because it is so much cooler and the track times are a lot faster. Let me know whats going on and I might join you. We always stay at the Bristol Days Inn.

lorahcobra
07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
How goes it, Greg? Missed you at Mooresville. We plan on being there. Hopefully Jason can get off work for at least one day to run his '01 up. I am working on a couple of guys down Knoxville way who are not club members (yet) and will try to get our Somernitescruise group there (6 or 7 stangs if they all come down from KY). See ya then!

Big Daddy
07-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Hey_bigdaddy, I have been going to the Bristol FFW since it started except for 2001 when my daugther was born. I was thinking of taking my Mystichrome Cobra down to show it or as always take my 90 GT down and run it. Are you showing your Cobra or running it. I have been trying to get Bill Alexander to move it back to May again because it is so much cooler and the track times are a lot faster. Let me know whats going on and I might join you. We always stay at the Bristol Days Inn.

I'll be showing the car both days. I haven't decided if I'm going to stay in Bristol or just drive home to Asheville. It's only an hour and a half from the track. Bring the Cobra and hang out with us at the show. Of course we all go up to watch the action on the strip! I'll look for your Cobra if you're not bringing it let me know and we'll come up and root you on on the track! :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
07-08-2005, 12:33 AM
How goes it, Greg? Missed you at Mooresville. We plan on being there. Hopefully Jason can get off work for at least one day to run his '01 up. I am working on a couple of guys down Knoxville way who are not club members (yet) and will try to get our Somernitescruise group there (6 or 7 stangs if they all come down from KY). See ya then!

I'll be at the Winston show and I'll be at the Knoxville show also. I'll look for y'all up in Bristol, where are you planning on staying?

lorahcobra
07-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Obviously, we will be at Knoxville. The Winston-Salem show is the weekend before Ted Russell show so we will probably be trying to get out last minute flyers that weekend. We will stay with our folks in Kingsport. :D

wvmystichrome
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey Big_Daddy, Hope to see you there with my Mystichrome Cobra. I thought of just showing it and not bringing the other one to race. First show I put it in last month the judges did not think it was special enough to judge it for "Best paint" or "Best Ford" or whatever. I did get a top 50, somewhere between 6 & 8 for my trouble but that was all. Judges were very biased of certain early GM vehicles. ;) ;)....aka 68 Camaros. But everyone says to take it to an all Ford event and I might just do better. I am supposed to go on vacation that week before and just do not know what vehicle to take. But leaning towards the 04.
Tired of sitting in the HOT HOT sun waiting my turn on the track (usually one of the last called) because I run in the "brackets."

Big Daddy
07-08-2005, 04:40 PM
If y'all are sure your going to show I'll get to the track early on Saturday and ask them to let us have about 5-6 spots together. Stangman, 34Ford, WVMystichrome, lorahcobra and myself. ANYONE ELSE GOING TO SHOW??

STANGBUM
07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Greg,
If you can get some spaces like last year, so we can put up our tents :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
07-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Hey Greg,
If you can get some spaces like last year, so we can put up our tents :thumbsup:

That's my plan. I'll get them against the "bank" so we will be allowed to setup our tents. Nothing like being under cover when the temp hits 90+!! :D ;)

Rodo
07-24-2005, 07:44 PM
I will be there. Not sure if I am gonna run true street or not, but I will be there regardless. Hope to see you there:thumbsup:
Rodney

34Ford
07-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Are you sure? :doubt:
You might want to check with Carol on that!!!! :confused:

Er, crap, your right. Ah, hum, we will be staying at the Hampton Inn on I81 in Bristol. Its the same place we stayed at 2 years ago. They brought their prices back down to reality. :D

RR03Cobra
07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey Big Daddy,
I am hoping to lead up some stangs early Sat. morning from Greenville. Thinking about leaving here about 7 or 7:30 a.m. What time are ya leaving? Maybe we can meet up somewhere on the way. I will be traveling up hwy 25 to hwy 26 on towards Johnson City. Let's do it :bounce:

Rocky

Big Daddy
07-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Hey Big Daddy,
I am hoping to lead up some stangs early Sat. morning from Greenville. Thinking about leaving here about 7 or 7:30 a.m. What time are ya leaving? Maybe we can meet up somewhere on the way. I will be traveling up hwy 25 to hwy 26 on towards Johnson City. Let's do it :bounce:

Rocky

I was planning on leaving around 8:30 from Asheville on Saturday Morning. I live about 2 miles from the "future" I26 at exit 24. Depending on where you are leaving from in Greenville it should take about an hour to get there. My mother lives on White Horse about 5 miles from Furman and it takes me 50 minutes to get to my house. I'll be hanging by the side of the road at 8:30 AM just past exit 24. Call my cell if you are going to meet up 828-273-5650.

Take care,
Greg

RR03Cobra
07-27-2005, 08:33 PM
We will move our leave out time up so that we can catch up with you :D And cruise together!!:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
07-28-2005, 10:09 AM
We will move our leave out time up so that we can catch up with you :D And cruise together!!:thumbsup:

Great call me when you get on I240/26 through Asheville. After you cross the Smoky Park Bridge I'll be waiting at the second exit. Sounds like FUN to have a bunch of stangs cruising over the mountains. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

White98SVT
07-29-2005, 07:58 AM
My wife actually suprised me for my birthday next week and told me that we are going. I'm bringing the 98 but honestly I don't have the time to clean it up enough to show it. I would still like the chance to meet some of you guys at the show. I guess I'll just try and track you down.

We should be up Friday night around 11pm and are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Bristol, VA. Look forward to seeing you there.

Rodo
07-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Er, crap, your right. Ah, hum, we will be staying at the Hampton Inn on I81 in Bristol. Its the same place we stayed at 2 years ago. They brought their prices back down to reality. :DI will be staying at the Hampton inn also.....along with 3 or 4 others that have 03/04 cobras. Maybe we will see you there:thumbsup:
-Rodney

Robbie '96
07-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Greg we will see you on saturday. If anyone would like to meet in the Hickory area several of us will be leaving on saturday morning around 7:00 we will stop along the way for breakfast then travel 421 t0 Bristol. See you there :thumbsup:

Robbie

wvmystichrome
07-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Hey BigDaddy, About what time will you think you'll be at the track. We are staying at the Days Inn on the way to the track. Best place we've been staying at for years. I don't want to be to early or to late. We are in Pigeon Forge now til Wednesday and then heading home to get the Cobra and fresh clothes. I don't have a tent to set up so I'll just have to detail the Cobra when I get there. Thanks for any more info.

34Ford
08-01-2005, 09:27 AM
I will be staying at the Hampton inn also.....along with 3 or 4 others that have 03/04 cobras. Maybe we will see you there:thumbsup:
-Rodney

Will get there this friday afternoon. Will look for ya Rodney. :thumbsup:

Flagman
08-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey Greg! Margie & I are driving up on Friday. We're staying at the Hampton in Bristol this time. Will be bringing the '05 GT.

04DROPTOP
08-02-2005, 12:32 AM
I just got back from vacation. Wont have much time to get my Cobra ready but might make it.

Havent done Fun Ford before. Had some questions. How do we register? Is there a set time to check in at the show? Which day is the judging?

PS.. Thanks SCMC for sending my pic from the Mooresville show.

Big Daddy
08-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey BigDaddy, About what time will you think you'll be at the track. We are staying at the Days Inn on the way to the track. Best place we've been staying at for years. I don't want to be to early or to late. We are in Pigeon Forge now til Wednesday and then heading home to get the Cobra and fresh clothes. I don't have a tent to set up so I'll just have to detail the Cobra when I get there. Thanks for any more info.

Well some Stangs from Greenville, SC are supposed to meet me in Asheville at 8:30 AM that should put us at the track by 10:00 AM with a quick stop to spray off the bugs! ;) :D

Big Daddy
08-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey Greg! Margie & I are driving up on Friday. We're staying at the Hampton in Bristol this time. Will be bringing the '05 GT.

Fantastic! I'll be looking forward to seeing ya'll again! :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
08-02-2005, 07:13 PM
I just got back from vacation. Wont have much time to get my Cobra ready but might make it.

Havent done Fun Ford before. Had some questions. How do we register? Is there a set time to check in at the show? Which day is the judging?

PS.. Thanks SCMC for sending my pic from the Mooresville show.

Just show up at the track and you can pay and register on site but it is CASH ONLY! I hope you decide to come it is alot of fun! :thumbsup: :D

Rodo
08-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Will get there this friday afternoon. Will look for ya Rodney. :thumbsup:I was hoping to be there by 1 or 2, but it will probably be later in the evening. See ya there:cheers:

Big Daddy
08-03-2005, 01:29 PM
The list of Members showing there cars:

Stangbum
LorahCobra
WVMistichrome
RR03Cobra??
Flagman
04DropTop??

Others showing:
34Ford
Misc Stangs from Greenville??

Others Attending:
Rodeo may be racing
Robbie '96
Burke Dawson
White98SVT

If anyone else is going or is planning to show you car please let me know so I can add you to the list, ESPECIALLY if you are showing so we can save you a spot.

RR03Cobra, do you have a count of the cars that are coming with you and are they going to show their cars? Also you never said if you were going to show your car or just come up for the fun, could you please let me know. THANKS! :D :thumbsup:

RR03Cobra
08-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I have not got my snake ready for show yet. I have a couple of more things I want to do to it before I show it. And I am only going up for the one day this time. I don't believe anyone that is cruising up with me is showing their cars this year. Maybe next year for me :D We will be intersecting I-26 at the HWY 25 exit. How far will you guys be from there? Was it exit 24? I've got your number to call ya when we get close. Thanks!!

Big Daddy
08-04-2005, 02:27 AM
I have not got my snake ready for show yet. I have a couple of more things I want to do to it before I show it. And I am only going up for the one day this time. I don't believe anyone that is cruising up with me is showing their cars this year. Maybe next year for me :D We will be intersecting I-26 at the HWY 25 exit. How far will you guys be from there? Was it exit 24? I've got your number to call ya when we get close. Thanks!!

Hell mines not a show car it's a go car but I show it anyway. You get better parking! :D ;)

Exit 24 is on the North side of Asheville, the Woodfin Exit. You'll follow 26 to 240 into Ashville, then Future 26 out of Asheville. Once you've passed the Smoky Park Bridge it's a left exit onto Future 26. Exit 24 is the third exit on Future 26. I'm planning on sitting on the side of the interstate at 8:30 AM. :thumbsup:

STANGBUM
08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Hell mines not a show car it's a go car but I show it anyway. You get better parking! :D ;)

yea and you even won a plaque last year.......go figure!!!!! ;) ;) :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
08-04-2005, 09:48 AM
yea and you even won a plaque last year.......go figure!!!!! ;) ;) :thumbsup:

And I won Track Choice the year before!! :D :bounce: :thumbsup: SO show up and SHOW your car, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :rotf:

Big Daddy
08-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Update:

I will be leaving Asheville Friday night late, so I won't be able to meet up to cruise to the track. I'll see everyone there on Saturday! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

STANGBUM
08-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Update:

I will be leaving Asheville Friday night late, so I won't be able to meet up to cruise to the track. I'll see everyone there on Saturday! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Greg, where are you staying? and have you decided on Fri. & Sat. nite or just Fri nite..
see ya there!!! :bounce: :bounce:

wvmystichrome
08-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Worked all day on my Cobra getting ready for the trip tomorrow. What doesn't hurt doesn't work anyway. HA HA. Hope and pray everyone has a safe trip and we'll see you there.

04DROPTOP
08-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I won't be at FFW...

The weather is calling for thunderstorms both days. Hope it doesn't happen for the rest of you guys.

Later

STANGBUM
08-08-2005, 10:12 AM
I won't be at FFW...

The weather is calling for thunderstorms both days. Hope it doesn't happen for the rest of you guys.

Later

Well, Sat. was nice...and hot. :) Sun. was wet.....and rainy :(
IMO this was the worst FFW I have been to, the vendor selection was "very small" :mad: and the rain stopped all racing, except for a few earlier in the day.Gunna have to improve before I go back. :eek:

STANGBUM
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Greg, nothing for ya this year... :eek:
There was some strange judging this year.... :jawdrop:

wvmystichrome
08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
That one young lady with the Yellow 65 Fairlane really racked up. Wasn't it 4 awards by the end. I saw her load it up on the trailer heading home and it looked nice but not 4 awards nice.

Oh and the lady who took care of everything (kind of) told us next year they were going to move the car show across the creek in the parking area behind the NASCAR track. She said something about the True Street competitors needing the asphalted area where we were for their cars. She also said that anyone with tents would have to be able to stake them down. If they could not be staked then you could not have them up and she also said it would be very hard to drive them into that asphalt over on the other side. Another option she thought they might use was allowing everyone with tents to stake them in the grass next to the creek and then back their cars to the tents and facing the speedway. When the row was then full they would start another row directly across from the first facing them so if you had a tent you could probably stake it between two cars facing away from the creek to be able to keep an eye on your car in the far row.

I am glad I got to meet everyone I did. Really had a great time. My wife and I are talking about either coming down to Ted Russell in Sept. or maybe going to Columbus then. Friends of ours are responsible for putting on the one at Columbus (at the national event there Labor Day weekend) and asked us to go with them to it while they were in Bristol this weekend. It going to be a hard decision.

Thanks to everyone we had a great time and met a lot of friends. My daughter still is talking about the "Best in Show" trophy the lady and gentleman won for their 32 Ford Sedan.

1-QIK-SNK
08-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Well, Sat. was nice...and hot. :) Sun. was wet.....and rainy :(
IMO this was the worst FFW I have been to, the vendor selection was "very small" :mad: and the rain stopped all racing, except for a few earlier in the day.Gunna have to improve before I go back. :eek:

i went to the fun ford show at bristol about 7 yrs ago and the vendow section was very smaill then to. i said i would never go back. then i started going to fun ford in norwalk ohio and that was AWESOME :thumbsup:

if you can make it to that one i must say do it !
very BIG show.

kerry

wvmystichrome
08-08-2005, 07:03 PM
i went to the fun ford show at bristol about 7 yrs ago and the vendow section was very smaill then to. i said i would never go back. then i started going to fun ford in norwalk ohio and that was AWESOME :thumbsup:

if you can make it to that one i must say do it !
very BIG show.

kerry
My wife and I met the owners/representatives of Norwalk at the Spring Columbus Swap meet. Great people. He told me they had over 1500 cars during FFW 2004. I told him I always go to Bristol and that they would have to shut the place down if they had that many show up. 500 last year and it seemed to take forever to get to run. This year many of the people I have seen since it started were not there. I guess they get tired of all the Stars gettnig to run while the little people are told to sit in their cars until they are ready for us. That is one reason I did not take the 90 GT there this year. last year I sat in the HOT HOT Gravel Parking Lot for almost 2 hours after they said to get to your cars before they let the bracket racers race. Since this is the only event I go to the one time trial you get to time your car at Bristol Sucks. I have been at the track and in the staging lanes before 9:00 am when time trials start and they have allowed me only a maximum of 2 runs most always one run. Once I went up for a third time and the staging man told me to pull off to the side and back off. You pay to run and then they want to limit you.

I know they upset a lot of people by finishing up the Pro races at other events this year because they were rained out Sunday. Topeka Kansas is a long way from Bristol unless you are running the complete tour.

OH BTW
The Norwalk Reps really bragged on the ice cream specials they run in Norwalk for FFW. What is it...$1.00 per pound for it.

cobrabitn
08-08-2005, 07:26 PM
And that in a nutshell is why we limit our participants at our drag days in Jackson. I know it is further for you but if you ever want to come down and see what our drag day is all about, you can do an overnighter and have all the runs you want all day/night long. :thumbsup:

SCMC Drag Day - $40.00 - 30 to 40 passes ($1.25 a pass average)
FFW - $20.00 2 passes ($10.00 a pass...Do the math!)

This year we'll have a portable dyno there and George of MGW sponsors the awards and they are really cool... :)

SCMC Drag Day -- Jackson, SC -- November 5, 2005 (Don't miss it!) :D

1-QIK-SNK
08-09-2005, 08:41 AM
The Norwalk Reps really bragged on the ice cream specials they run in Norwalk for FFW. What is it...$1.00 per pound for it.

yep its true. 1 lb for a buk. its really good on a hot july day to. :thumbsup:

i thinkit was in 02 or 03 that when i was there i herd over the speaker that there was around 3k car there. show and race. there was even 200+ true street cars :eek:

if i get back to ohio that time of the year i will be there for sure.

kerry

wvmystichrome
08-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I noticed that was missing this year also. They have had a portable dyno at Bristol for the last several years and it always stayed active. BUT none this year. ?????. Wheres the Jjackson track located.

1-QIK-SNK
08-09-2005, 08:50 AM
i just look to check out the distance for me and was about 9hr drive :(

i guess i will have to pass on it.

wish there was drag day in eastern nc some where ;)

kerry

wvmystichrome
08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey Cobrabitn. Where is Jackson SC. Could not find it on Yahoo maps. What town/city is it close to that I can zoom into and find it. Thanks

cobrabitn
08-09-2005, 10:04 PM
M Brewer,

I recommend you go to their website at www.CarolinaDragway.com and get the information off of there. Pro-Dyno will be at the event so I guess we can post a list of people who want to test their cars if they plan to dyno at the dragstrip.

It is close to North Augusta, SC or Augusta, GA. Either one will put you right close to it. Coming from WV, I recommend an over nighter for you. :D

Kerry,

There won't be a drag day in Eastern NC but there will be a show coming up in October on the first and a full blown car show the first of next year. Check your upcoming SCMC Private mailbox for that information. :thumbsup:

1-QIK-SNK
08-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Kerry,

There won't be a drag day in Eastern NC but there will be a show coming up in October on the first and a full blown car show the first of next year. Check your upcoming SCMC Private mailbox for that information. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

tiny, i will be waiting :thumbsup:

thanks kerry