PDA

View Full Version : Houston MSR Track Pic....

03 cobra toy
06-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Looks very fast :D

http://www.msrhouston.com/aerial_view

Firme
06-22-2005, 07:46 PM
stay tuned.... :cool:

cobrabitn
06-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Looks like you better have some brake pads handy. Seems to look very technical rather then a high speed track.

Admiral
06-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Is it just my tired old eyes but does that look a bit, well, weird?

Not only does the photo look like some type of photoshopped version of a track from the movie "Signs" but it also seems to be a TERRIBLE track layout. What's with that huge carousel in the middle section? Can you imagine the agony of riding around that thing at speed waiting to find the end of it so you can get your nose-heavy Mustang back on the gas???

Also, it does not look anything like the previous drawings they had up on their website (looks like they are gone now) to my recollection. Just my initial thoughts, hope they are all proved wrong because I'd sure love a great track close to Houston (besides TWS).

Levi
06-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Yes it does look fast :eek: , with five straight-aways for passing and all the technical turns :D ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we will be pulling some Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's. :bounce:

Admiral
06-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Hope some of those turns have some camber - ON CAMBER! LOL

cobrabitn
06-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Levi,

This is one of my favorite tracks! This is what I call high speed!

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/

:thumbsup:

Levi
06-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Levi,

:thumbsup:

SWEET!!!!! :thumbsup:

I hope some day to chase these dudes around, talk about high speed. Check this out. :cool:

http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/gallery/03cobratoy/100424.jpg
http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/gallery/03cobratoy/88266.jpg
http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/gallery/03cobratoy/102966.jpg

Andy M
06-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Levi,

:thumbsup:Tony,

While I agree with you that MidAmerica is very challenging and fun, I sure wish they had built in some camber in some of the turns. My biggest issue with MidAmerica is it is VERY hard on tires!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Andy M
06-24-2005, 03:24 PM
SWEET!!!!! :thumbsup:

I hope some day to chase these dudes around, talk about high speed. Check this out. :cool:

Stan, where'd you dig up those pics... man, we sure were having fun that day!

My top speed at TWS is around 165 at the top of the front straight before doing turn one!! :eek: :eek: If I stay in the gas (if I had the balls for it?! :rolleyes: ) I could get close to 170, but then there is that pesky transition?!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Levi
06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Stan, where'd you dig up those pics... man, we sure were having fun that day!

My top speed at TWS is around 165 at the top of the front straight before doing turn one!! :eek: :eek: If I stay in the gas (if I had the balls for it?! :rolleyes: ) I could get close to 170, but then there is that pesky transition?!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I knew you all would like that, but not as much as we did just watching you three,,,,,,,, David, Andy and Joe, ripping it around the track. I freaked out the first time you three came down off the banking nose to tail into turn one.................. I mean FREAKED OUT. From the drivers seat it must be AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Admiral
06-24-2005, 05:12 PM
165mph??? Gulp, I'm pretty sure my AI car isn't doing 140 when I turn down into 1 at TWS. My speedo doesn't work so I can't give you an exact approximation but 135-140 is exciting enough for me thank you very much, I'll leave the 165-170 to the truly insane like Andy!

cobrabitn
06-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Andy,

I don't worry about tires....I just go! :rotf: When I drove Poolman's 03 Cobra that day on that track, it was like an all time high. I hit 125 and braked way too early. (It wasn't my car after all :) ). I also like Road Atlanta but I would give the :thumbsup: to MAM because it is a much safer track. JMHO though..

cobrabitn
06-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh, and I read that article on David's Cobra, can you say FREAKING A! ?

Andy M
06-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Andy,

I don't worry about tires....I just go! :rotf: When I drove Poolman's 03 Cobra that day on that track, it was like an all time high. I hit 125 and braked way too early. (It wasn't my car after all :) ). I also like Road Atlanta but I would give the :thumbsup: to MAM because it is a much safer track. JMHO though..Tony,

You are right about that! MidAmerica is VERY safe!! Not much to hit. Just a ton of good ol' Iowa farm weeds and black dirt! :rolleyes: I just wish they had built in a couple of off camber turns, just to make things more interesting! :bounce:

03 cobra toy
07-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Update....from the HMSR web site :D :thumbsup:

Road Crew is moving in!!!...

July 19, 2005,

Excellent headway is being made on the Ranch. We are on schedule and budget. Though the 10 inches of rain in 12 hours, did test our drainage plan.
We have changed the North Straight into a long "S turn" to add a little more fun for you technical folks. We have dug three of our lakes, using the material pulled from there to build our road beds and Paddock area. We will be pouring the concrete pad for the 200 x 60 ft. storage building next week. We have ordered the 400 x 20 ft. cantilevered pit lane shade structure, which will double as our pre-grid area. In the front of the Paddock, a 216 x 50 ft. a double semi-cantilevered shade structure is ordered, to make sure we will have plenty of shade readily available. The main lake area is really turning out nice, with trees along the Clubhouse Lake levee and the seemingly constant breeze that comes from the nearby gulf. It does take the edge off the summer heat.
Interest in the Ranch is picking up, as folks realize that it is really going to happen. We would like to remind you all of the savings and privileges that come with becoming a Founders Club Member. Our Executive Founders Club is quickly filling up. The 12 x 30 ft storage bays are going quickly as well. We want to make sure that this a place to enjoy and relax while doing what we love. Therefore, planning for your needs is essential. The sooner you step up and say what your needs are the quicker we get rid of the construction crews.
A number of sanctioning bodies have contacted us about the Ranch. We have had some serious racers look at it and say that it will be among the best facilities in the U.S. We want first and foremost for our members to have a safe and challenging place to enjoy their hard-earned fun.
We get alot of questions about elevation. We will include elevation changes in the track design, but there will be no substantial up and/or down "hills". We have specifically avoided any design features that would inherently create "blind" turns or areas where a participant could make a mistake and be hit by following traffic. There are plenty of elements in the design to result in a challenging layout. We have spent tireless hours testing the layout in dirt and it is fun and flowing (fast and technical). It reminds us of a Mid-Ohio type track, but with lots of run-off room to avoid damaging your toys.
We are getting a lot of people questioning us about weekend homes at the Ranch. We are seriously considering the issue and we will have an answer soon.

Thanks again for your support,
The Staff and Owners of Motorsport Ranch Houston

http://www.msrhouston.com/construction_photos

Levi
07-21-2005, 05:19 PM
SWEET :thumbsup: , I can't wait, it's going tobe awesome. :D

Twice Bitten
07-21-2005, 11:54 PM
165mph??? Gulp, I'm pretty sure my AI car isn't doing 140 when I turn down into 1 at TWS. My speedo doesn't work so I can't give you an exact approximation but 135-140 is exciting enough for me thank you very much, I'll leave the 165-170 to the truly insane like Andy!

If you remember, I had a radar gun at TWS, you were doing 125 in turn 1 untill I lost sight of you :eek: :eek: :eek: . That is absolutly nuts :crazy: . Next time out, I will see about getting next to the straight, and checking your speeds down the front straight.

Admiral
07-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Whoa, I guess I was brave when I didn't know the speed, lol. TBH, it sure doesn't feel like 125mph in turn 1 - but then again the track is so wide at that point there isn't much to look at for reference until the braking zone for turn 2. I had forgotten about the radar gun, would be interested in seeing the top speeds for ALL the cars out there again someday. I'm sure not the fastest on top end, Joe J and Andy "got the power" that really makes speed on that front straight.

MSR Houston sure sounds like it is shaping up - FAST. I can't wait to get on the track soon. Nothing like driving a fun track without towing all day long to get there! Hmmm, TWS and MSR-H all within 2 hours of the house, I may never head up to DFW again, lol. Hope to catch up with all of you soon at the track!

Levi
07-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Whoa, I guess I was brave when I didn't know the speed, lol. TBH, it sure doesn't feel like 125mph in turn 1 - but then again the track is so wide at that point there isn't much to look at for reference until the braking zone for turn 2. I had forgotten about the radar gun, would be interested in seeing the top speeds for ALL the cars out there again someday. I'm sure not the fastest on top end, Joe J and Andy "got the power" that really makes speed on that front straight.

MSR Houston sure sounds like it is shaping up - FAST. I can't wait to get on the track soon. Nothing like driving a fun track without towing all day long to get there! Hmmm, TWS and MSR-H all within 2 hours of the house, I may never head up to DFW again, lol. Hope to catch up with all of you soon at the track!

All I know is, I want another ride. :thumbsup:

Front stretch :flash:

Turn One :bugeyes:

Two and Three :cool:

Four, Five, Six :banana:

Seven :bounce:

Eight, Nine :whipit:

Ten :twitchy:

The Essssssss's :woot:

Checker's :headbang:

Look on face after it's all said and done. :D

Andy M
07-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Can't wait to get the R out there on some fresh asphalt!!!! :bounce: :thumbsup: :D

97CasperCobra
07-25-2005, 02:37 AM
http://www.msrhouston.com/construction_photos

the new pics look AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

I can't wait....:flash:

Levi
07-28-2005, 12:46 PM
the new pics look AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

I can't wait....:flash:

Me too! :bounce:

Talking to some peep's on another forum, so I put up some pics and this was one of the responces. :cool:

Ah yes
My first time at a track day, I'm following that very cobra in the S section before the main straight trying to keep up. I'm in a z06 on street tires, and I lose it and go into the grass, haha.

03 cobra toy
07-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Me too! :bounce:

Talking to some peep's on another forum, so I put up some pics and this was one of the responces. :cool:

Tooo cool !! THE WHITE MONSTER :thumbsup: Do you have a link?

Levi
07-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Tooo cool !! THE WHITE MONSTER :thumbsup: Do you have a link?

Bottom of the page.
Corner-Carvers (http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15688&page=13&pp=40)