PDA

View Full Version : Woops!!!

Hazman
06-23-2005, 07:18 AM
My F-250 blew a ftting on the power steering pump Tuesday in Lowe's parking lot. Had to order the part so Wednesday morning I get up and hop in the Cobra to head to work. About halfway there I start to wake up and I notice there seems to be a lot of gravel on the road since I can hear it pinging off the bottom of the car and man is the Cobra sticking in the curves of the little back road I take to work this morning. That is the moment when I realize I never took the track tires off after the AX this weekend! WOOPS! Oh well I am closer to work than home might as well enjoy the curves a little. :D

About a mile up the road a pickup pulls out be hind me and we hit fog. I slow down and the pickup starts riding my butt. :( I speed up a little and yep so does he. Now the fog is getting really thick and with the morning deer moves I am taking no chances so I slow back down and now he is all over my butt and really starting to ruin my peaceful cruise in to work. The fog starts to lift a little so I pick up the pace and yep still right on my butt. :mad:

Then a thought occurs I am on track tires heated up pretty good by now so I try a couple of curves and yep she is glued to the road. So I continue to pick up the pace over the next mile or two and Mr. Pickup is right on me still. Then we come to a place where the road takes a 90 degree left then a 90 degree right. Yep you got it I never touch the brakes, no slowing down just whip the Cobra through the turns and she sticks. Look back and see headlights pointed in an unusual direct in the turns behind me. Hmmm Mr. Pickup must not have had his track tires on today!!!!!!! :firedevil :grinangel :shtowned: :rolleyes: :rotf:

dewone
06-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Now thats funny.
The truck shouldn't have been in such a hurry.
Let alone trying to keep up with a Cobra in any conditions.
Perhaps thats a kill story of it's own kind.

beerkat
06-23-2005, 08:58 AM
That is a great story Rick.:thumbsup:

cobracrazy
06-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Did the truck go off the road? How sweet that some A$$ does something stupid while being a jerk and riding your tail. :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
06-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Must have been a most enjoyable ride to work.........:D :thumbsup:

nckissfan
06-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Ha! that's good!:thumbsup: :rotf:

cobrabitn
06-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Too funny! :rotf:

bolt-on
06-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Having ridden with Rick, that must have been a good handling pickup truck to have stayed close to him even when he was taking it easy :D .