PDA

View Full Version : A dangerous question, your opinion,,on the 05 body style

Dave B.
06-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Do you guys realy like the new 05 mustang and 07 Cobra body styles over the 2000 thru 2004 ??? I mean seriously??

The more I look at them,,,,the more I dont like them,,I thinks its a backward way of thought,, what do you think??

InfamousSVT
06-23-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't really like the "base" models....like the six banger and the GT, but the GT 500 is ok. But to answer your question NO, I'd rather have the 04' body style over the 05's.

I do however like the looks of the 05 Saleen.

Dave B.
06-23-2005, 10:30 PM
look at it this way,,,would you ever see Lamborghini or Ferrari building
an un-areodynamic as hell body style car? no! they go farwards in design not backward

BOOMER23
06-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Im sorry guys but Id just about defend anything ford does, but this 05 is sickening have you guys gotten a load of this mint green color....wtf?

cobrabitn
06-23-2005, 11:14 PM
The car has grown on me but I do think you should go forward and not backwards. The standard model is too plain and I'm sure Ford has some future tricks up their sleeves to increase the candy. If this car was a s/c 4.6 then I'd be satisfied with my current snake pit but that 5.4 DOHC supecharged modular engine is going to be pretty tough to turn down especially when 700 rwhp will be easily obtainable.

JMHO :D

cobrabitn
06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Oh, I forgot to add... if you are going to make it a "Shelby" Cobra then call it a 2007 Ford SVT Shelby Mustang Cobra GT 500 and give it sequential tailights that go the length of the rear panel for Pete's sake. :rolleyes:

Dave B.
06-23-2005, 11:48 PM
The Shelby Cobra should be a ultra high performace sports car like none other, not an old looking box, this is not the only car im disapointed with, they did it with the T-bird, (throw back) the Viper, (throw back) the Prowler, (throw back), PT Cruser,(throw back) then theres that low slung chevy truck with the rounded front end its a convertable, its like all of motor city decided everyone in the country wants old cars from there youth or something,

The Viper is the one that realy pisses me off because if it were up to me, I would have made the Viper a V10 (like it is) but Mid engine, super sleek body two seater, a nice size wing on the back but most of all mid engine for handleing, Im 240 Lbs, stocky, about 6 foot, and with the top on the car, unless I duck way down to look left or right as if I were looking for traffic just to see out of the car, other wise if the tops on, im looking at the inside of the top, its just stupid,
Now the GT40 is what im talking about, thats a sports car, but then they decide to only make what?? a couple of hundred or just one hundred I forgot, they could have made as many as they wanted and sold every single one, but instead, i will never ever in my whole life be able to own one, as the one GT40 they got in at the Ford dealer here went for $275,000,,,,,,,,,,I think the Cobra mutang should be a mid engine 4 seat (but the backs very small like they are now) but a modern performance design,

jjraiser
06-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Im sorry guys but Id just about defend anything ford does, but this 05 is sickening have you guys gotten a load of this mint green color....wtf?

I agree the "Legend Lime" is an odd color, but it goes back the '67/'68 Shelby's with the same color. I saw one on a lot and it look okay, but I guess I have that retro memory of the older cars. Otherwise, it's probably not a good color for the car.

jjraiser
06-24-2005, 08:34 AM
As far as the new body, it's nice, but I think it's a bit too retro for a true sports car like, say the GT500. For a regular GT, it's okay for me. However, the new GT500 will look more like a throw-back than an improvement. I think the GT500 is a great-looking car, but it won't look like a sports car. That's okay, it won't drive like one either. ;)

Hazman
06-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Ford is repeating their mistakes from the past! :mad: The Mustang started out as a 2+2 sporty car and got bigger and heavier up through the '70s. The Mustang II well enough said but the Fox body mustang was a great move. Then they started growing again. The more I look at it the more I think it is UGLY inside and out. But we have to remember Ford is out to sell cars and by the looks of things not doing to shabby with the new Mustang. I know we all want performance but Ford is selling to the masses mainly.

Now what their excuse is for this thing they call the SVT Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 I don't know. It is a non-aerodynamic, overweight, botched suspensioned, 3,850 lb brick that needs a 5.4 S/C engine with a solid axle to be able to perform worth a **** on the dragstrip. I hate to think what it will be like on a road course or AX! :edmond: :firebounc

So do you really want to know what I really think about it?? :flush:

nckissfan
06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
I like the new body style. But, I don't prefer it over the way the 04 was evolving. It seems like there is no way to go back now. The evolution of the car is wrong.

As far as that green. That is a take off of the 67 color offered on the Mustang. I like it. It is a great color, in my opinion. It looks great on the 67's, and looks great on the 05's.

cobracrazy
06-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Not a huge fan of the new body style either. However this car must handle pretty good because as far as I know it is doing well in the Grand Am racing series.

The new GT40 is a real sports car. I just saw one in person yesterday. It is a shame they are so much money. Seems like they could have boosted the production numbers to get the cost in the ball park of a new Viper. If they did I would sell all my toys to get one.

0103SVT
06-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I personally love the 07's, I think they look awesome. I don't really like the 05's all that much though. I think if somebody were to put wheels, springs, tint and maybe that side window delete it would look pretty good.

Dave B.
06-25-2005, 01:58 AM
So far I gotten some great thoughts from you guys, the numbers seem to be 11 against the new body to 1 for it,

Ford is appealing to those who were in their late teens when the late 70's mustangs were built, I just hope they come to there sences and go a far more modern direction with the 2008 0r 2009,

let us all call on Ford to go back to a 2+2 ,,,5.4 liter, supercharged, areodynamic, lowered, ,great for dragging but aimed at road racing like the GT40 sports car.

Just let the 70's die Ford, that was then,,,,,this is now,,,,,its 2005,,,not 1970

Silver10th
06-26-2005, 10:20 PM
The '05s have grown on me and the drive nice. However I am not in a hurry to trade my cobra in on one. The GT 500 on the other hand is sweet.IMO But Ford is saying it is NOT going to carry the "Cobra" name. It is going to be called the Shelby GT 500. It has a cobra on it just because the old Shelby GT 500s did. At this point Ford is not even sure if there is going to be another version to be called "Cobra".

BlueOvalPower
06-27-2005, 01:47 PM
I like the new bodys with a few of the appearance pieces available, I have a 69 Fastback and 73 Mach 1, and '04 Roush Stage 2 and the '03 Cobra so I like em all, I think just the basic '05 package is not appealing to me add a few body mods and they start to look tough and are more as a straight line racing style car to me, not a good road race body style like the '04 and before Models.

Robert

ausie
07-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I am just happy with my 04, it looks good, handles great, and I can see all of the guages at the same time without having to look down two barrels. The exteriror of the new generation mustang is okay but somewhat plain, the gt 500 is an improvement of the body lines to some degree. My car looks just as fast sitting still as it does when moving and it does not have the forward slopping grill either. They called the 04 mustang out-dated? As for the retro, the Ford GT was probably a great move, the Shelby Cobra (the one with the V10) not too shabby (reason why they are not calling the mustang by the Cobra name) I just wonder if they will make any.

smashedheadcat
07-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I am a huge fan of the '05s and especially the new gt500. I know it's all a matter of opinion, but this new car is going to do everything better than any mustang before it. Over the years, there will be refinements to all models and I'm sure most everyone will come around. Every time there is a change, nobody likes it. Eventually, people come around and life is grand. I think ford made a good move giving us a much needed change to the chassis. We've got a solid base to work with, and the aftermarket stepped up to the plate giving us almost endless possibilities to create a mustang all your own. And think, the first mod for the '05 and up cars doesn't have to be subframe connectors, which is a nice change.

kilroy
07-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Do you guys realy like the new 05 mustang and 07 Cobra body styles over the 2000 thru 2004 ??? I mean seriously??

The more I look at them,,,,the more I dont like them,,I thinks its a backward way of thought,, what do you think??
Dave, I personally like them alot. As retrospective as the two humps in our dash is, I like the old school lines the car has. It's the first new model that hasn't taken a few years to warm up to.