PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Karting 2, Rematch!

mojosvt
07-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Well Guys, I know that it has been a crazy summer, and we have not really got a lot done in terms of our buckeye portion of the SCMC. I know that with buying a house, Colleen graduating for school and looking for a job, me picking up a second job, and trying to get married, my summer has been more than full. I know that all of yours has been just as hectic. Anyways, to my point. Tony mentioned possibly trying to go karting on his way up to gingerman in Michigan this sept. I thought that would be a good chance for us buckeyes to show the boss what Cobra's this state is running. It is quite a ways away still, but I figure that will give us plenty of time to get things straightened out.

On a side note, I am just wondering if any of you are planning on heading down to Cincinnati for the car show on the 30th of July. THat is the weekend before my wedding, so I am still up in the air, but really pushing hard to go. I know Ernie T. is going down, and wanted to meet at a local place here in c-bus, and drive down together. Just wondering if any of you guys have thought about it?

Alright, enough typing, my fingers are starting to cramp, let the e-mails start to fly, and the trash talk begin!:mad:

Black Horse
07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I'll be taking the "Track Terror" to the TSMC show at Dave and Busters that weekend (if thats the show you are referring to). Already signed up and ready to roll! Look me up if you (or anyone else) comes down for this - they had over 300 Mustangs and other cars there last year under the threat of rain! Great Show!

mojosvt
10-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Well, I thought that I would get this tread going again, and hopefully pull something off before the snow takes over the street up here in the north. Maybe we could get together at Skyline again the last weekend of October, and then take it to the track later that afternoon, just like before. Just let me know what you all think. Would like to see you all again before the years out.

mojosvt
10-10-2005, 03:39 PM
ALright, it is time to light some fire under you people. If i end up getting a new cobra, I have to show it off to all my scmc friends. So lets start talking. If we are going to do it the last weekend in october, would you guys want to do it on a sat or a sunday, i beleive that is the 29th and 30th. The sunday thing worked really well last time, roads weren't busy, speeds was empty, and that skyline tasted sooooo damn good. The leaves will be falling, my times will be dropping, and we all will be having a blast. So lets focus here for a few weeks, and see if we can pull off a last minute SCMC buckeye meet.

psycho43142
10-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Not a good weekend for me, I'll be at an autocross both days(last ones of the year).Chris

mojosvt
10-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Ok, so a full 24 hours after the origianl e-mail, I have one no, and 3 yes's for sunday the 30th. IF we can reach the lucky number of 8 like last time, that would be sweet. Hopefully it is just that some of you have more of a life than playing on the internet and hoping to talk to your cobra buddies. Someday I will be that lucky :). So let see who else can make it sunday the 30th! Karting is not as much fun unless you have people to beat :rotf:

Stavesacre21
10-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Tally up another....I'm good for the 30th! :D

hey mojo...what happened to the Cobra?!

mojosvt
10-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, as my last count, I am up to 6

Mike Monjot
Mike Redinger
John Turner
Jeff Black
James Helton
Andrew Hanf

WE are inching closer to the number of 8. I have a friend in Cinci that I am going to give a call, see if he would like to come up. ANd I know that there were still a few other straglers.

To answer all the questions, I did wreck my 2001 cobra last month down in Tenn. I will try and bring some pics, and tell the crappy story. On the bright side, both my father and I am 100% healthy and walked away from the totaled car (yes I flipped it down a mountain):eek: . ANd to continue with the good news, the insurance did me well, and I was able to locate a 2003 Cobra convertable. So I am back on the road in a cobra, and it feels good:rotf: . Can't wait to see you all soon, and hoepfully round up a few more people.

Jason
10-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Glad to hear it's working out with the car. Hope to see you next season. :thumbsup:

dewone
10-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Had missed this thread somehow. At any rate I send you a message. Hope I can make it to see everone again. VIVA the karts.

mojosvt
10-17-2005, 10:28 AM
looks like we are almost back to the origianl number. I have talked to a few other people, trying to round up a few other people. If you know anybody that would like to come, give them a holla. Can't wait to see ya'll soon, Mike

Wldnswt
10-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Mike,

Are we definitly on for the 30th? If so what time are we meeting? I will probably need directions again, don't know if I remember exactly how to get there.
Hope to see everyone there!!!

Jeff Black
Cincy
04 Torch Red coupe:thumbsup:

mojosvt
10-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Sounds good Jeff. I think we met around 11am last time, I am not sure, so if somebody has a suggestion, just let me know. I will look online, and find some directions again. Less than a week away from another whoopin! Who is Ready!:D

dewone
10-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Jeff let me know when your heading up. Perhaps I can catch up to you on 71 North. Your around Colrain if I remember correct right?
Dave

dewone
10-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh yea stay away from MOJO on the track. You know how he has a history of rolling vehicles.:)

Wldnswt
10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Dave,

Yeah, We are in the Colerain area. If we are planning on meeting at Skyline around 11:00 we will probably leave home between 8:30 nd 9:00? As soon as we get a definite meeting time I guess we can coordinate then. You can also catch me at jblack6@cinci.rr.com
Look forward to seeing everyone again! I just hope the rain finally clears out, I've never had the Cobra out in any wet weather, otherwise we'll be stuck driving Carol's GT.
And yeah, I've heard the rumours about Mike;)

See ya,

jeff

mojosvt
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Well, here are some directions.

Well, here is the long awaited information. I drove out to Speeds yesterday, and i went inside to look around. Damn, this is going to be a fricken blast, i am totally pumped now.Now, for the good stuff, final plans!
In terms of directions, If you are coming from the north, south, or the west, the directions are all the same. You will take 71 north or south untill you hit I-70 east, and if you are coming from the west, just hop on I-70 east. you will stay on 70 until exit 103B reading "Bexley/Main st." This exit ramp kind of loops around, and dumps you out, and all you can do is go right onto Alum creek. And then less then a mile down the road, you will take a right onto E Main st. You will just drive down this road (where are the places to eat are right on E Main), and then speeds is a few miles down the road on the right hand side, can't miss it.
Now for anybody who would be coming in from the east side of the buckeye state, your route is a little different. while on 70 west, you will get off at exit 107 OH-317 Hamilton Rd to whitehall. Like right away, you will have to bear right where it says "Whitehall". Then right away again, you will turn right on OH-317, which is S Hamilton Rd, and go north for just over a mile. This will bring you up to US-40, E Main st, You will take a left on E main st and you will be coming in from the other way.
Finally, in terms of places to eat. There are a few places right on E Main st, that I though would be good places to stop. There is a skyline chill, which would be my choice, big parking lot, and quick service, and usually plenty of seating. There is also a pizza hut, and a donato's pizza place. There are a few other smaller mom and pop type places, but there is almost no parking at any of those. I guess just let me know what you guys think. For those of you who are coming from the north, south, or west, you will drive right by all the resturants. For those of you who are coming from the east, you actually will drive past speeds, and continue down E Main, until you get to the places. Hope this works out for all of you. I will always have my cell phone on my, so contact me with any questions, 614 205 2649.

got to love the copy and paste from the first buckeye meet.

P.S. checked out the weather, looks like the sun is going to show its face this weekend, going to wash up the pony, and see ya'll around 11-11:30 (took a little extra show time last time, figure it will probably happen again).

P.P.S. the helmet is already in the trunck:D

Hazman
10-26-2005, 08:33 PM
P.P.S. the helmet is already in the trunck:D

What about the other important equipment?? Wheel chocks!! I hope there are no fields or grassy areas near this event?? Would not want you getting agricultural again!!

Do all the SCMC Buckeyes think I am :crazy:? Are you :scratch: over what I am talking about? No I am not being :naughty: and razzing Mike about his Labor day misfortune! Well :bubye: for now. Hey Mike you know I :love: you man!! Now you will have to tell the whole story this weekend!! :side:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

mojosvt
10-26-2005, 09:42 PM
I love you too man!!!! IF I don't tell, I am sure that Dave might mention something!:cool: Can't wait to see you all this weekend

Wldnswt
10-27-2005, 06:15 AM
Mike,

Skyline sound like the place to be!
Also, I have gotten just a inkling of the story, so YES you will have to tell everyone the WHOLE story:D
But rumour has it that noone wants to park by you:lol:

See ya,

Jeff B

mojosvt
10-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Well. lucky for you all, the skyline parking lot is paved, so my car won't go looking for grass. Can't wait to see ya'll in a few days.

dewone
10-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Mike:
The parking brake.
Please use your parking Brake.
Wheel chocks on sale at wal mart.
Maybe it's just you and Tennesse.
Is it Skyline time.
See ya Sunday.

mojosvt
10-29-2005, 10:36 PM
just want to make sure that ya'll set your clocks back an hour. don't want somebody to show up an hour early!, see ya'll tomorrow morning! :rotf:

1badasp
10-30-2005, 07:10 AM
I'll give my 96 Mystic a bath and see if I cant be there...:D

1badasp
10-30-2005, 09:48 AM
unfortunatly, I dont think that I'll be able to be there :( ....but would be willing to do something in the future... GL to everyone one there... catch ya on the flip side :thumbsup:

Wldnswt
10-31-2005, 06:29 AM
Well you guys that were no shows sure missed out on a great time:bounce: We only ended up with three of us in attendence (Mike Monjot,Dave Dewitt,Jeff Black) but the three that were there had a lot of fun!
I guess Mike still holds on to his Title but Dave and I gave him a run for his money. At least we left with the cars all in one piece:D :D :D
We are thinking we would definitly like to do this again, and since there is not a whole lot of outside activities going on during the winter months maybe we could line up something again in a few months?:thumbsup:

mojosvt
10-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Well, like Jeff said, the turn out was a little less than expected this time around. But never the less, Dave, Jeff, and myself had an absolute riot on the track. Just as before, we had the whole track to ourselves (and then the bar afterward:D ) and tore the place up. I will see if I can get some of the pics up tonight. Hope to see you all soon. Mike

Bigfish1956
10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Very sorry I missed the event, especially as a new member. Unfortunately my daughter came down with strep throat and being a single father that ruled me out! Hope to see all the Buckeye cobra members another time.

Thanks

John Turner

:(

dewone
11-01-2005, 07:30 AM
What a blast again. I never got that fast kart the other two swapped the best time with. When Jeff passed me with that big ol grin on his face my kart couldn't keep up, he just pulled away. Now I know the kart makes a big differance cause my second run improved quite a bit. Next time watch out may get there early to scope out the karts. Not really, it's the luck of the draw. Well lets get that dyno day set up for early spring next year. Then a rematch with the karts. Wonder if they let you bring your own kart?
Thanks to Mike again for setting this up, and thanks for the photos Jeff, and Carol.

Wldnswt
11-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Dave,

What's this about blaming it on the Kart, we just flat out kicked your but:thumbsup:
No, you're right, the kart that you get really makes a difference,If you're unlucky enough to get a crappy kart even the best driver will look like crap:(
Glad you enjoyed th pics, hope to see you guys again soon!

Stavesacre21
02-18-2006, 05:29 AM
I am standing beside myself...Even though i replied to this thread and agreed to go more then 3 months back, I feel like i'm looking at something i've never even seen before! Everyone knows that I woulda totally been all over that...had i remembered...or not been sleepwalking to this forum :rolleyes:

For what its worth, MONTHS after the event, sorry I missed it guys. Just found it to be rather :rotf: that I don't even remember hearing about this event...even though i somehow :doubt: managed to reply to it...

:clapping: good job me :clapping: