PDA

View Full Version : In a Clutch!

Levi
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
I just ordered from GEFRACING a 03 Clutch upgade for my 98, with a balanced aluminum flywheel and The ARP wheel studs I ordered from MM. :)

David, tell Mario to get ready. I will need him to do some more of his magic. :D

I can not wait till I can get back On-Track. :cool:

Bingo13
07-02-2005, 01:55 AM
I can not wait till I can get back On-Track. :cool:

A Honda never would have let you down. :D

Levi
07-02-2005, 02:46 PM
A Honda never would have let you down. :D

:rotf:

Yea, but there is nothing like American Iron roaring around an open road course. Screaming flat out with nothing but twisting road in front of you. I have been fortunate to have done five open track events and only one time did I get to hang with a race group. It was the AI/CMC series and it is awesome. Now remember at the time my car is stock, just BBK springs and Tokicoís with NT streets. During our segments on track the AI/CMC group would come out to practice and at many times I was heads up with these dudes. This one time I am running up on a CMC Mustang operated by Adam G. vary cool dude, (brings his entire family to the track) and I think to myself, lets see if I can real him in. Well I did not know it at the time, but Adam was watching and thought Iíll use this as a governor to help set his pace in a future race. Well to say the least I did not catch him, I had a blast trying. Later, in the pits I was helping George one of the AI drivers. He had an off road exit due to brake fade and needed his brake bleed, so I volunteered. Adam walks up and picks on me about how he was running just fast enough to stay ahead of me. Man, now you know why I have a fire in me that will never go out. :D

Bingo13
07-03-2005, 02:12 AM
Damn you Stan...... :D

I am just itching for September to come so the little SVO can hit the tracks for the next few months.
I have been fortunate enough to have John George as my instructor and after having a chance to follow him around MSR at full speed I decided my next addition to the car would be a barf bag. ;)
I have a low horsepower/torque car now so it will be interesting learning how to drive again after being able to call on the torque monster at will. You should stay with us on your next visit to MSR. :thumbsup:

Levi
07-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Damn you Stan...... :D

I am just itching for September to come so the little SVO can hit the tracks for the next few months.
I have been fortunate enough to have John George as my instructor and after having a chance to follow him around MSR at full speed I decided my next addition to the car would be a barf bag. ;)
I have a low horsepower/torque car now so it will be interesting learning how to drive again after being able to call on the torque monster at will. You should stay with us on your next visit to MSR. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I will let you know. :thumbsup:

It's not always about HP, you have to be smooth to be fast. :cool:

Us track junkys here in Houston where hoping to make a trip to MSR first part of this year, but it did not get done.

jimmysidecarr
07-13-2005, 10:04 AM
I just got new tires and I'm dieing to wipe em out :D

I need a track fix too :twitchy:

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Admiral
07-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Guys, NASA has an event at TWS in August, why not come out and get your fix? Should be some great AI/CMC action with all your hero's in attendance!

Bingo13
07-13-2005, 10:02 PM

It's not always about HP, you have to be smooth to be fast. :cool:

I know but now I have no horsepower, no torque, and small brakes. It's like going bald, impotent, and losing your job on the same day you find your wife in bed with your boss. :D

I should have fun with the stock Miatas and maybe a certain black SVT Focus will not embarass me too much. :thumbsup:

Firme
07-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Guys, NASA has an event at TWS in August, why not come out and get your fix? Should be some great AI/CMC action with all your hero's in attendance!

That sounds cool Mike. Hope the heat cooperates and yall have good racing weather. As for me, I am closing on my house in a little over 2 weeks and won't have the $$$ to attend :(

Admiral
07-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey, good luck on the house deal! We just moved back in May and I still have boxes everywhere. I hate moving.........hate it!

Andy M
07-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Stan,

So, is the car ready yet?? for open track that is?....

How ya been?...

We need to figure out how to make a trip to MSR in Cresson some time before the end of the year? I hope to also make at least one more track day with my friend Ed Paez at TWS before the end of the year as well.

I need to do some work to my car during the winter.. add a cross member to my roll cage to make it AV8SS legal, install new 5 point harnesses as my current ones are now 3 years old and no longer legal, install a fire suppression system... I am sure there will be a few more items before I am done...

Anyway, hope to get out on a Tuesday night soon to visit with all of you?!!

Levi
07-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Stan,

So, is the car ready yet?? for open track that is?....

How ya been?...

We need to figure out how to make a trip to MSR in Cresson some time before the end of the year? I hope to also make at least one more track day with my friend Ed Paez at TWS before the end of the year as well.

I need to do some work to my car during the winter.. add a cross member to my roll cage to make it AV8SS legal, install new 5 point harnesses as my current ones are now 3 years old and no longer legal, install a fire suppression system... I am sure there will be a few more items before I am done...

Anyway, hope to get out on a Tuesday night soon to visit with all of you?!!

I have been good, just work, work, work.

I need to get the car over to Mario, to get it track ready.

I am in need of track time. :D