PDA

View Full Version : Underhood cover?

BOOMER23
07-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey guys, Im kinda scared to take the underhood cover off of the cobra. Is the blanket covering up a not completely painted area, cause thats what ive heard. I just dont want that bastard coming off and looking like hell, ya know. Does it even have a purpose really? I just dont wanna regret yankin that f**ker off!
Thanks,
Ashton

InfamousSVT
07-07-2005, 11:55 PM
I actually took mine off. I'm sure it has a purpose, but just haven't found out what it was yet?:rotf:

There's a screw holding it on the passenger side that you'll have to unscrew and then just pop out the push pins. pretty simple.............and the underside of mine was not fully painted (Ford paint sucks anyway) I'm going to eventually get the underside of the hood painted black on mine, but some people have had luck with the entire underside being painted. You'll just have to cross your fingers and take it off to find out for sure:D

I like what Silver10th did to his hood.............looks bad@ss!:thumbsup:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/796000-796999/796051_6_full.jpg

ssnaked98
07-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Those plastic push pins are designed to melt if your engine catches on fire and that blanket is made up a flame suppressant material, it drops down on your engine and smothers the fire

;)

InfamousSVT
07-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Those plastic push pins are designed to melt if your engine catches on fire and that blanket is made up a flame suppressant material, it drops down on your engine and smothers the fire

;)

Well, that's good to know, but a little too late for me...........hopefully mine won't catch fire (knock on wood):D

wrenchturner
07-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, that's good to know, but a little too late for me...........hopefully mine won't catch fire (knock on wood):D
More than enough plastic and other burnables as well as more than enough ways for air to get under your hoood that if its burning... not much is gonna help put it out.. plus as much as I hate to say it.. would you want your car after it has a major engine fire....... I wouldn't..... usually always totalled anyways...From what I have heard the reason that they are there is protect the paint from the engines heat...I usually have pulled it off all my cars and not had any issues..