PDA

View Full Version : Front K-member suspension kits

jjraiser
07-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I am wanting to do a full front K-member suspension kit with the lightweight control arms and coil-overs. I want to reduce weight, move the front axle forward an inch, and have more adjustability.

Has anyone done this? If so, which kit was used? Other comments...

InfamousSVT
07-14-2005, 01:26 AM
What are you going to be using the car for? Drag racing? track use?

To reduce weight and if you are going to be drag racing and not using it for the track.........D&D motorsports, AJE, etc.......these will net you the most weight saved.

But, if you want something that'll last and won't have to worry about then I'd go with: (in order)

Maximum Motorsports
Kenny Brown
Griggs

Either one of the above kits will greatly improve handling and reduce weight, but not the weight that you're probably looking for.

I've searched for the same thing before and decided not to get it and stick with the stock suspension (for now).

Just remember..............what you pay for, is what you get;)

Emailed a guy about a k-member set-up and he said, "If you are using it for drag racing only you'll be fine, but if it's a daily driver or ever sees the track. The K-member will crack and brake." :eek: ...........so you understand that this is a major part of the car you don't want to look into lightly for safety reasons.

Good luck,

-Infamous