PDA

View Full Version : Got my new springs installed!

NewFoundPower
07-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Got my Kenny Brown springs, C/C plates, and IRS Bushings and GS-D3s installled this past week (got some pics of the new stance coming up this weekend for you guys and gals :D ). I would like to give a big thanks to Jim at Kenny Brown Performance for his patience and taking time to answer all my questions :thumbsup: .

Now then, I have a few questions/obervations that I would like some feedback on. For you guys that have done the same mods to your car, did you notice a MAJOR change in the way it handled. I honestly feel as if I am going to have to learn to drive my car all over again. To me it seems really "squirrely" and coming out of turns I feel as if I am over-correcting. It seems that there is more "play" in the steering than what there used to be. To be honest, I don't feel completely comfortable driving it at speed the way I used to. Once again, I am just sure if it is just because I need to get used to it or if there is something wrong with my car and or alignment. Any ideas? Thanks.

-D-

InfamousSVT
07-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Sounds about right to me! It'll take some time to get used to, but once you figure it out...............ENJOY:D :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
07-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Wheww. Good to know. I was about to go crazy. Thanks Jason.

-D-

69mach1351w
07-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Glad to hear that everything installed correctly. One question though, about ho much lower is your car now, cause mine is supposed to have only a 1" drop but it scrapes on everything. And once i go to college at ECU, i wont be able to go anywhere. Oh and to second the vote, my car also is jumpy in and out of turns, but once you get the feel for it, man, its like rails. It will rip the doors of my pops' SL 500!

NewFoundPower
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
My car is dropped about 1 1/2 inches. Just perfect for me and haven't had any speed bump issues as of yet and I have gone over quite a few. Are you running long tube headers? That tends to cause problems when you lower your car.

-D-

69mach1351w
07-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Nope, no headers, but the car is a convertable, and i dont know exactly what springs the guy put on the car. I will check soon, thinking about usind the poly isolators for 3/8 " lift. Not sure yet.