PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Help

Why Try?
07-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Right now my T-45 has 90K on it and I have found a T-45 for sale from out of a 1997 Cobra with 22k miles on it for $300, but since the add of my supercharger (410rwhp) and my future goals of 500rwhp I want to know if I should do this and if the T-45 can hold up to the challenge or should i just save up more (alot more) for a T-56 swap. Any help would be great, need to have a answer by monday for this guy to ship it out for me:thumbsup:

Why Try?
07-16-2005, 05:28 PM
TCrews show me some love:D , your pushing alot of power and similar set-up, is your T-45 holding up ???

RF Cobra
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM
My personal choice would most likely be to save for the T-56 swap especially since you plan on adding more power. This would also give you the benefit of the extra gear which would provide some added benefit if you do a lot of interstate driving. I have come to the conclusion that you usually get what you pay for and as long as the option is available you may as well go the best route available to you. :thumbsup:

If your tranny had failed and you needed a replacement right now then I would say get the best that you can afford right now and consider upgrading in the future.

smashedheadcat
07-17-2005, 04:56 PM
I say go with the t-45. For $300 a pop, you can break about 5 of these things for every t-56. The t-45 will hold up for a long long time if treated with respect. What I mean is no powershifting. Any real abuse and you'll be on borrowed time. If you are not having any problems with your current t-45 then I'd just leave it in there. The t-45 actually has pretty strong gears. Weak points are syncros and shift forks. Next weak point is the input shaft.