PDA

View Full Version : anyone using the snow performance methanol kit?

BadMoFo
07-21-2005, 04:55 PM
ok I did a search and didnt find anyone saying they had one other than vendors for sale so I was wondering if anyone was using this kit for their 03-04 cobra? also what else was needed besides the kit and if you had someone else do the install what did it cost? I have read about it and thought its a nice cheap mod but really havent seen anyone say much about it.

NewFoundPower
07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Big Daddy has it on his car and he seems to like it. Hopefully he will chime in here.

-D-

Big Daddy
07-21-2005, 11:54 PM
CHIME; CHIME; CHIME!!! :D How's that?

Really the Snow Boost Cooler works very well. It will work BEST on either a NA car or a supercharged car without a current cooling system. The system cools the intake charge and will add RWHP how much depends on your setup. The OTHER nice thing is you can buy a product called NITRO BOOST and it will add 30 to 50 RWHP when added to the water/meth reservoir. Cost will depend on which system you purchase and you can find all the info at
http://www.snowperformance.net/ I hope that helps! :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
07-22-2005, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=Big Daddy]CHIME; CHIME; CHIME!!! :D How's that?

Really the Snow Boost Cooler works very well. It will work BEST on either a NA car or a supercharged car without a current cooling system. The system cools the intake charge and will add RWHP how much depends on your setup. The OTHER nice thing is you can buy a product called NITRO BOOST and it will add 30 to 50 RWHP when added to the water/meth reservoir. Cost will depend on which system you purchase and you can find all the info at
http://www.snowperformance.net/ I hope that helps! :thumbsup:[/QUO

Nice to see you are still alive :rotf: . You still gonna make it down next weekend?

-D-

BadMoFo
07-22-2005, 08:07 PM
just wondering if all the hype I read in the mags was true. you didnt happen to do a before and after dyno test did you?

Big Daddy
07-23-2005, 11:05 AM
just wondering if all the hype I read in the mags was true. you didnt happen to do a before and after dyno test did you?

Well my car isn't typical. I already had an aftercooler on the car so my gains weren't as much as other cars. I will tell you the Snow Boost Cooler system took my intake temps down 20* on an 80* day (from 116 to 96) which means MUCH less chance of detonation and at least SOME gain in HP. I would see it more of an insurance policy against detonation instead of a power adder! :thumbsup: