PDA

View Full Version : Well I bought the 04

Cobra4me
07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
I guess I am a new member of the terminator club. All I can say is wow! I didnt know what I was missing with 01. It is beautiful and fast. My only complaint is you cant even hear the exhaust and I had gotten used to the mgw shifter. The new car is bone stock and if I recover from the initial cost of the car those are my first two mods. thanks for everybodies imput with my decision. I will take pics asap.

Robk

93KingCobra
07-21-2005, 11:40 PM
:ttiwwop:

Cobra4me
07-21-2005, 11:57 PM
:ttiwwop: sorry dude signed the papers at around 9 pm and had to drive about 1 and half hours home, the pics are coming soon. I just was excited and had to share.

RF Cobra
07-22-2005, 12:10 AM
:clapping: Congratulations!

The good thing is the purchase is a one time expense. The bad part is the recurring insurance premiums. I was the same way with the exhaust as I was used to my father-in-laws '97 Cobra which puts out a good growl and has a nice rumble to it.

NewFoundPower
07-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Congrats on the new ride! I remember how excited I was to buy mine last year so I know how you are feeling right now. Like you, the biggest complaint I had was just how blasted quiet the exhaust was, stock Lincolin Towncars sounded louder. Changing the exhaust was probably one of the most enjoyable mods I did. Good luck!

-D-

sssvtcobra
07-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Congrats on the new car :thumbsup: You will be smiling from ear to ear :D for quite awhile everytime you go for a drive. I know I am, and I've had mine for 7 months now.

FearTheSnake
07-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Can't wait to see your pics.

You're gonna love it is all I can say...

Cobra4me
07-23-2005, 02:57 AM
thanks guys I just posted some pics on another thread. hope to see most of you guys at the show at parkway ford in august
Robk

InfamousSVT
07-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Saw the car live and in person Saturday night.........looks good!

Nice to meet you Rob! :thumbsup:

oh yeah, you have a PM!:D

ausie
07-25-2005, 06:10 AM
I guess I had three minor complaints about the 04. The first was the exhaust. It is hard to keep the stock pillows in place. The second and third issues were easy fixes; power steering bolts and the clutch quadrant. Other than that I have not had any problems what so ever except for loosing to a Corvette once. I had thought it was becase I had the AC on, but probably due to clutch issues I had prior to installing the clutch quadrant and fire wall adjuster (not to mention that my heart was just not into racing on the stretch of road where it happened).

bbrence
08-01-2005, 09:54 PM
You actually may come to appreciate that you have awsome performance and a reasonably quiet cruiser at the same time. I had an '04 GT before I upgraded to the Cobra. After a while the constant drone of the GT, which sounds good going up through the gears, gets to be annoying on the freeway. My Cobra has a sweet sound at 3000rpm and higher.....a quiet throaty rumble mixed with the blower whine......but at 70mph in 6th gear, I can actually hear the stereo. :)