PDA

View Full Version : Driver's side window does not work!

2001REDCOBRA
07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
When coimg back from a cruise nite; I went to roll up my driver's side window; (power; electric)! And noticed that it wouldn't roll up! Passenger side is fine and the fuse is fine as well! Anyone have the same problem or can guide to t-shoot it so I don't spend $200 at the dealer for a simple fix! Any help would be appreciated!:thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
This may work. It's a little trick that may fix your problem. Sit in the driver's seat. Use your right hand to press and hold the window switch in the up position and use your left hand to slam the door. Sometimes this fixes the issue, plus, it's free so it's worth a try.

2001REDCOBRA
07-27-2005, 08:10 AM
:thumbsup: This may work. It's a little trick that may fix your problem. Sit in the driver's seat. Use your right hand to press and hold the window switch in the up position and use your left hand to slam the door. Sometimes this fixes the issue, plus, it's free so it's worth a try.Wow! I really worked! I was skeptical at first but it worked! Awesome; You saved me some $$$$$$! THANX! :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
07-27-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm glad I could help. :thumbsup:

ausie
07-28-2005, 06:14 AM
That happened to me with my 01 4 weeks after taking it home, It cost me nothing to have Ford fix it, but makes me wonder if they did the same thing...... I will keep this as a reference if I have the same thing happen with the 04.

Sounds like a good trick :thumbsup:

mojosvt
07-28-2005, 10:30 AM
That is really strange that you posted this. Last night, mine did the same thing. I wish I would have read this earlier. I ended up taking off the whole inner door panel, and gave the window a little push from the inside, and it went right up. THat is really weird?

cobrabitn
07-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Awesome job Josh! :thumbsup: You know, for a young guy you're really sharp... :rotf: Just teasing you! (from an old geezer :) )

casey99COBRA
08-17-2005, 04:31 AM
lol that's a nifty little trick! i'll keep that one in mind.

smashedheadcat
08-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Awesome job Josh! :thumbsup: You know, for a young guy you're really sharp... :rotf: Just teasing you! (from an old geezer :) )

Thank you Tony. I'll help when I can. I learned this little trick the day of the drag day I attended. Ken and I left the drag day together. Right before we left, he noticed his window wouldn't go up, so we planned a stop at the local dealer there. Well, we rolled in and (peeked at an '03 cobra of course) the service guy came out and did that trick. Low and behold....... window went up. Just something that I remembered.