PDA

View Full Version : reverse problem

wickedsnake
07-26-2005, 02:24 PM
im having a problem with my cobra. when im reversing, there has been times where the shifter pops out of reverse into neutral. it makes a noise that i cant really explain. this has happened maybe 5 times in the last two weeks. usually after trying to putting in reverse again, it will reverse without a problem. has anyone experienced this or have an idea of what it could be?

Big Daddy
07-27-2005, 09:50 AM
im having a problem with my cobra. when im reversing, there has been times where the shifter pops out of reverse into neutral. it makes a noise that i cant really explain. this has happened maybe 5 times in the last two weeks. usually after trying to putting in reverse again, it will reverse without a problem. has anyone experienced this or have an idea of what it could be?

Do you have a stock shifter or an aftermarket shifter? Does it pop out in any other gear? The stop screw could be misadjusted and this could cause it to pop out.

wickedsnake
07-28-2005, 08:20 PM
the shifter is stock...and no it doesnt pop out in any other gear

cobrabitn
07-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Most synchros would cause this so that would be my guess if it is the stock shifter. I had a 69 Mach1 that did that and it was annoying! :(

Stavesacre21
07-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Most synchros would cause this
:bawling: if so, my prayers are with ya bud...that's a long trail of sadness and headache. Hope yur overhaul goes better then mine!

dewone
07-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Perhaps try getting a new shifter (Pro 50, MGW, Hurst...) and see if that helps

Stavesacre21
07-29-2005, 08:51 AM
It's probably the cheapest and easiest way to rule out if it's a shifter problem...the MGW shifter is 10x better then stock anyway :thumbsup:

wickedsnake
08-01-2005, 12:46 PM
i was thinking of getting a hurst shifter...which one should i get? also what if it isnt my shifter could it be my tranny? i
took the car to the shop but it never "popped out" when on reverse. i dont know what to do but it is annoying when it does that.