SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Autocross/Open Track /OTC updates (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Got some MM goodies coming... (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5646)

2KWhiteSnake 01-28-2004 10:40 PM

Got some MM goodies coming...

Finally got the money to order my coil-over kit from Maximum.

Went with Bilstein Race Valved Struts with 425lb springs up front

New C/C plates

and for the rear...2K R shocks with 650lb springs

Maximum said that was probably the best setup for my car, I'm hoping they are right. These Eibach springs and stock struts/shocks are driving me insane at HPDE's.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes once they get here.

Craig:D

johnbasf 01-28-2004 11:40 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake 01-28-2004 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnbasf
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know I've been talking about getting it long enough, so I figured I'd finally post it when I had got it ordered. Thanks to everyone that helped me figure out the best route to take... Pearson, Shuggy, Sadler, and Jack Hidley.

I'm sure I'll love every second of track time just that much more with the new suspension.

Craig :D

justagt 01-29-2004 09:42 AM

I can't wait to drive. :D

I bet John can't either.

2KWhiteSnake 01-29-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by justagt
I can't wait to drive. :D

I bet John can't either.

You know I'll have to let you pro's get in there to shake it down and make any changes. :D

Craig

Firme 01-29-2004 11:39 AM

Congrats...its going to be a great improvement over what you had....

P.S. I don't know what other mods you have, but its my experience that Coil-overs are rounded off best with Sub-frame connectors, a strut tower bar, a shock tower bar (KB are the only one makin this now) and a steeda front sway bar. I know MM doesn't believe in sway bars, but for a car running a lower rate like yours, its a good idea...

2KWhiteSnake 01-29-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Firme
Congrats...its going to be a great improvement over what you had....

P.S. I don't know what other mods you have, but its my experience that Coil-overs are rounded off best with Sub-frame connectors, a strut tower bar, a shock tower bar (KB are the only one makin this now) and a steeda front sway bar. I know MM doesn't believe in sway bars, but for a car running a lower rate like yours, its a good idea...

Thanks man! I'm definitely going to do the Subframes. Tom Lewis at BananaMotorsports did an excellent job on my 4 pt cage so he'll be doing my subframes. He's a beast with a welder!

Craig

SIUNARA 01-30-2004 12:19 AM

Glad to hear about the coilovers! :D Between those and being firmly planted in your seat with the bar and harnesses, you'll definately notice a difference. :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake 01-30-2004 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SIUNARA
Glad to hear about the coilovers! :D Between those and being firmly planted in your seat with the bar and harnesses, you'll definately notice a difference. :thumbsup:
Thanks Don!

I'm pretty excited about it. I hope I'll feel a real difference. From what I've heard, the MM coilover setup is gold.

I guess we'll see.;)

Craig

98banana 01-30-2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2KWhiteSnake
Thanks man! I'm definitely going to do the Subframes. Tom Lewis at BananaMotorsports did an excellent job on my 4 pt cage so he'll be doing my subframes. He's a beast with a welder!

Craig

Let me know when you want to come down. I'm booked up for the next few weeks, but any time after mid-february will be cool.

Are you doing all the install stuff yourself? I'll be glad to help out if you would like and need a lift to work with.

2KWhiteSnake 01-30-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 98banana
Let me know when you want to come down. I'm booked up for the next few weeks, but any time after mid-february will be cool.

Are you doing all the install stuff yourself? I'll be glad to help out if you would like and need a lift to work with.

Thanks for offering Tom. I was going to call you to see if I could use the lift. I'm a newbie with this kind of stuff. I can change brake pads, that's about it. :) I really would appreciate your help.

I've just been working 7 days a week for the past month, so I'm out of it. I'll give you a shout Tom.

Thanks again!

Craig

svt_coupe 02-02-2004 10:26 AM

'Bout time dude. You'll dig em. The race-valved Bil's are pretty killer.

2KWhiteSnake 02-02-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svt_coupe
'Bout time dude. You'll dig em. The race-valved Bil's are pretty killer.
Yah,
Had to save up the cash. I ordered my 5 pt harnesses also, and I'm about to order 17x9' R's and 2 new sets of tires also. Cheapo street tires and another set of track rubber to go on the 17x9's.

Craig

Levi 02-04-2004 02:49 PM

After seeing there cars and talking to 03 cobra toy and firme I now want a coil-over setup. With my strut tower brace and rear shock tower brace and Steeda sway bars front and rear, what do you think about adding of this list of parts to my 98 Cobra? I need to know what spring rate I will need for the front and rear of a 98 Cobra?

Maximum Motorsports
Coil-Over pkg.,W/ Bilstein, Hypercoil Springs, MM Caster/Camber Plates.
Front Control Arms W/Forward Offset & Delrin Bushings.
Steering Rack Bushings/Urethane.
K-Member Brace 4-point.
Rear Lower Control Arms/heavy duty.

Steeda
Bump Steer kit

2KWhiteSnake 02-04-2004 02:57 PM

Just got all my goodies in today! Packaged nicely and was here within 5 business days. Can't wait to get it on the car.

Levi, you need to call MM. They have Mustangs and the supsension down to a science, and I literally mean a science. They have measurements down in the hz ranges for everything they sell and how it applies to each model year Mustang. They even go so far as to if you have any mods like a blower or battery relocated to help you with your spring rates. They are extremely technical in their knowledge because they test every possible scenario to give you the best option for your application.

Just give em a call, they know their stuff.

Craig