SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   port and polished? (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7821)

SVTCobra96 11-04-2004 06:45 PM

port and polished?

how much will it cost me to get my 95 gt port and polished?

Black Snake 11-05-2004 09:59 AM

Get what ported? Your heads, intakes (upper and/or lower) or throttle body? It really depends on how much work you want done and who's doing the work. A simple gasket match on your lower intake is much less than a Stage I port job on your heads.

What is your end goal power wise?

SVTCobra96 11-05-2004 05:35 PM

i def want heads and intake done i want the best power output i can get so...

moderncylinder 11-08-2004 01:47 PM

hi, im jeff my company is modern cylinder head. i have done many gt-40 heads for a customer named alternative auto. i get 950 for full porting, valve job, decking, and reassemble. i have a simultaneous 5 axis cnc machine, though i probably wouldnt fully port them on that, maybe just the exh ports and chambers, maybe intake bowl too, then finish the rest by hand. im in the detroit area. i get 175 to fully port and polish a lower manifold, there are 3 different versions of those, so its hard to say what kind of gain to expect on the manifold, but the heads are worth about 35 by themselves with a larger cam, or 50 if you put the cam in it at the same time. ive seen 25 in a lower manifold and ive seen 10.

jeff

cobrapace94 11-08-2004 05:10 PM

In my opinion, since you have a GT your best bet would be to get some different heads. GT40s are a better head than the E7 you have now. Some aftermarket aluminum heads would be even better. Same with the intake, a Cobra would be better, but a aftermarket intake would gain even more power.

SVTCobra96 11-11-2004 08:36 PM

i want AFR heads

Butcher 11-19-2004 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moderncylinder
hi, im jeff my company is modern cylinder head. i have done many gt-40 heads for a customer named alternative auto. i get 950 for full porting, valve job, decking, and reassemble. i have a simultaneous 5 axis cnc machine, though i probably wouldnt fully port them on that, maybe just the exh ports and chambers, maybe intake bowl too, then finish the rest by hand. im in the detroit area. i get 175 to fully port and polish a lower manifold, there are 3 different versions of those, so its hard to say what kind of gain to expect on the manifold, but the heads are worth about 35 by themselves with a larger cam, or 50 if you put the cam in it at the same time. ive seen 25 in a lower manifold and ive seen 10.

jeff

What about 4.6 DOHC head work? What kind of gains can a person expect, obviously depending on camshaft profiles Jeff? Just out of curiosity of course. :thumbsup: I want to remain totally streetable, and maximum flow. F1-A ProCharger, Stock block, portmatched out the factory headers from in to out, flowed heads obviously. 60lb Siemens injectors, and the fuel rails and pumps to handle it. C4 Mighty mite-M2 automatic , 4.10 gears, on the motor, no spray. TCT 8" severe duty, Everything gasket matched, Super Chip Tuned on a Mustang Dyno. Yes, of course, everything else is in place enginewise. I'll throw the solid rear axle in this week or 2, so I'll change the Magnaflows to Dynomax to create flow. If the heads sit well and flow properly, I'll have to throw in another pulley for the Procharger obviously, or I'll lose boost. If it really flows properly, i'll add a set of headers. Haven't found the flow yet.

Jimmie

:thumbsup:

moderncylinder 11-19-2004 10:52 PM

the '03-'04 4 valve head is a good head, with a supercharger id expect 50 hp depending on how much boost you run. the shop close to me that i do them for says they pick up 100hp running 16lbs,, when they add headers and have me port the heads. they change out the short block for one with forged pistons when i do the heads, though i dont think there is much hp gain in the pistons. the sost is about 1400.00 depending on if you want the guides changed(200 extra). the valves are loose from the factory, like .003 clearance, so they let a good amount of oil by which is why the early stuff gets crap all over the one valve on the secondary port and the imracs get junked up.

jeff
modern cylinder head
www.moderncylinderhead.com

Butcher 12-17-2004 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moderncylinder
the '03-'04 4 valve head is a good head, with a supercharger id expect 50 hp depending on how much boost you run. the shop close to me that i do them for says they pick up 100hp running 16lbs,, when they add headers and have me port the heads. they change out the short block for one with forged pistons when i do the heads, though i dont think there is much hp gain in the pistons. the sost is about 1400.00 depending on if you want the guides changed(200 extra). the valves are loose from the factory, like .003 clearance, so they let a good amount of oil by which is why the early stuff gets crap all over the one valve on the secondary port and the imracs get junked up.

jeff
modern cylinder head
www.moderncylinderhead.com

So what would be the intake/exhaust diameters? I picked up a set of Kooks 1 3/4 stainless long tubes. Have a Dynamic C4 Mighty Mite M2 with a transbrake, 4800 8" stall, Moser Engineering 8.8. full spool, 33 spline axles. complete setup, draglaunch, roll bar. Stock motor, not even a valve cover lifeted?

( of course, every bolt on known to man)

Jimmie