SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upcoming Events (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ted Russell Ford Show - Dragon Run VII - October 13-14, 2007 (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14550)

cobrabitn 08-31-2007 08:37 AM

Ted Russell Ford Show - Dragon Run VII - October 13-14, 2007

Don't miss our Fall cruise event coupled with a Mustang and All Ford Show at Ted Russell Ford.

Each year this event gets bigger and bigger and before you know it, the show will be as big as Parkway Ford. Last year we had 75 show cars and this year we are shooting for 100 plus. The dealership has tons of show car room and ample space for vendors.

The show is on Saturday and the "Dragon Run" is on Sunday. Even with all of the talk about the Dragon this year, we will incorporate part of the 11 mile stretch into our Sunday cruise.

You can download a show form here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfil...gistration.pdf

Host Hotel:

You must tell them you are with the SVT Cobra Mustang Club to get the $99.00/$109.00 rate depending on your room needs. Remember, this is peak leaf week in the Smoky Mountains so the leaf color will be at full blast!

Courtyard by Marriott
216 Langley Place
Knoxville, TN 37922
(865) 539-0600

If you plan to come and you wish to help with the event, please post here or e-mail me at mrmach@comporium.net. It should be much cooloer in TN in October than it is in NC in August. :thumbsup:

Show Organizers:

Steve, Crystal, and Jason Lorah - Registration
Tony Sorrentino - Judging & Registration
Burke Dawson - Judging & Registration
Allan & Leah Scott - Photography and Registration
Vernon Banks- Logistics

Prepaid Participants:

Steve & Crystal Lorah - 2003 Zinc Yellow SVT Cobra Convertible
Jason Lorah - 2003 Redfire SVT Cobra Coupe
George Shields - 2001 Blue Mustang Bullitt Coupe
Casey Welch - 1999 Black SVT Cobra Convertible
Doug Lehring - 2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach 1
Kent Lehring - 1996 Laser Red SVT Cobra Convertible
Sonny & Becky Lloyd - 1992 White Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible
Lawrence Muzzy - 2003 White Roush Mustang Coupe
Ed Erdy - 1996 Black Mustang Fastback
Dennis Kirchdoerfer - 1999 White SVT Cobra Convertible
Jim and Pam Gillett - 1998 Bright Atlantic Blue SVT Cobra Convertible

RF Cobra 08-31-2007 10:45 AM

Well, you already know I am helping with the event but I'll post here anyway. :)

TheSandman 08-31-2007 11:13 PM

I will be going both days. Sat exhibition only. I will help anywhere I can!

cobrabitn 09-18-2007 11:41 AM

Just confirmed my hotel reservations! :bounce: :thumbsup:

97whitevert 09-18-2007 05:27 PM

Won't be able to make this one this year; One week too early for me :(

VenomSVT 10-03-2007 10:58 AM

I need to register for the car show. Should I just wait until that day to sign up or should I go ahead and mail a check and hope it gets there in time? Let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

97whitevert 10-04-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomSVT
I need to register for the car show. Should I just wait until that day to sign up or should I go ahead and mail a check and hope it gets there in time? Let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike- I think I'd just wait if I were you. It would most likely get there in time, but ya never know. Fill out a reg form and bring it with you alreadey filled out. That will save some time.

cobrabitn 10-04-2007 10:31 PM

What she said! :lol:

VenomSVT 10-05-2007 07:20 AM

Sounds good.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

RF Cobra 10-08-2007 06:25 PM

Don't Forget...

If you have 2 way radios, be sure to bring them with you!

As I asked for those going to the Parkway show in August, those attending the Ted Russell show please bring your 2 way radios to the show. This will make things much easier for us. :) Plus you'll need them for the Dragon Run on Sunday. :D

cobrabitn 10-08-2007 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what the plaques will look like...sorry about the poor picture quality but they look really good in person. See preregistered list in the first post to verify you are registered for this event. Looks like this could be a triple digit car show, and the second chapter to be able to do that. The plaques are in the shape of the state of TN and hopefully the JMF show in TX will have TX shaped plaques. Have to wait and see if they get here in time for the show. :D

At the event there will be lunch provided by the TRF and a Nascar car on display. We hope to have an ice cream vendor out there and some other prizes. :thumbsup:

RF Cobra 10-08-2007 08:15 PM

Great plaque! Guess I'll have to enter my Cobra for judging after all so I can try to win one of those. :D

RF Cobra 10-09-2007 10:43 PM

Friday Cruise

Anybody wanting to cruise to TN on Friday from the Carolina region please let me know ASAP so I can setup meet times and final route etc.

Will follow a similar route to last year: Blue Ridge from Asheville to Cherokee then over the mountains into TN. The weather should be good with spectacular views and good fall colors at the higher elevations.

vortex03 10-10-2007 11:06 AM

I plan to attend both events, but seeing how I live just over an hour away I will not stay at the hotel. I would like to know the timed schedule for Sunday morning and a good place to meet everyone for the cruise. I don't have any 2 way radios, but I would like to have a couple of contact numbers just in case.

RF Cobra 10-10-2007 02:15 PM

We usually have enough people that have radios to loan their second one to those that don't have one so that shouldn't be a problem. Will meet at Krystals off I-40 at Lovell Rd (exit 374) on Sunday morning. Last year we told everyone to meet early enough that we could leave there at 8:00 am. An announcement will be made at the end of the show on Saturday about the Dragon Run with the final plans for meet time etc. for Sunday. We have modified the route this year since the Bistro has gone too upscale in price but the new route includes another curvy stretch of road that everyone should enjoy. There is no cell phone coverage over most of the route.

We will do another group photo this year by the lake and hope to be able to do more drive by shots on the Dragon as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vortex03
I plan to attend both events, but seeing how I live just over an hour away I will not stay at the hotel. I would like to know the timed schedule for Sunday morning and a good place to meet everyone for the cruise. I don't have any 2 way radios, but I would like to have a couple of contact numbers just in case.